2015 F-150 Order Guide

Reminds me of one of my favorite All you Can Eat chinese buffets...there's so much on the menu that you'll know it'll take some time to get thru all of it yet looking around you see the obese people and you know you've made a good choice to go there, because they aren't there to diet thats for sure. With all the sheets of options and such, its one of those I'll wait till their configurator comes out to make things so much easy to pick through.

• Like 1

Reminds me of one of my favorite All you Can Eat chinese buffets...there's so much on the menu that you'll know it'll take some time to get thru all of it yet looking around you see the obese people and you know you've made a good choice to go there, because they aren't there to diet thats for sure. With all the sheets of options and such, its one of those I'll wait till their configurator comes out to make things so much easy to pick through.

The trend of high trim (Platinum) versions of Ford products getting only black interiors continue. I don't like that at all.

I saw that as well, I'm surprised they didnt give you an option, although Ive never been a light interior person myself, so it wouldnt affect me.

I believe with the current model they switched to black-only Platinum interior too (whereas with the 2009 model for a while they had both tan and black as an option for the Platinum). I really just don't understand why they think all upper trims need to have black interior.

I would say, yesterday I spent hours steaming carpets and luckily all the yelling at my guests to take off their shoes before entering the bedrooms helped since the return water was very clear, but I did do 10 passes on floormats in my cause and I try to steam them every 6 months and it was awfully black. And this considering sometimes i put down black towels if I know i'm doing the beach or something else thats dirty. I cant imagine what a lighter interior will show. At least with black, hides black.

I'm guessing the 8ft bed will still be a KCAP exclusive since it has a late availability.

Not liking the new model designations. STX and FX4 were really popular.

Ford made FX4 much better this time. The offroad package is now available on ALL trim level whereas before you were limited to FX4 trim level which was XLT with extra less chrome. Now you can have a Platinum FX4 if you want, or a XL FX4 if that's your thing.

STX was kind of point less since it was an XL with graphic and wheels package. You can duplicate it if you want on 2015 by checking the right options.

Edited by bzcat

I would say, yesterday I spent hours steaming carpets and luckily all the yelling at my guests to take off their shoes before entering the bedrooms helped since the return water was very clear, but I did do 10 passes on floormats in my cause and I try to steam them every 6 months and it was awfully black. And this considering sometimes i put down black towels if I know i'm doing the beach or something else thats dirty. I cant imagine what a lighter interior will show. At least with black, hides black.

Just get Rubber All weather mats...I bought some for my Mustang 7-8 years ago and still have them in the car. I wore a hole in drivers side though. Regular floor mats only lasted a year or two with me.

Ive considered that, I just dont like the look of rubber unless it's in the bedroom and I'm wearing it for some S&M play, And for some things I know I should have rubber mats but urrgg just the look of it doesnt agree with me :(

I didn't used to like the idea of rubber floor mats either, but I got them with the Flex, and they've been great - I haven't missed the carpeted mats (which I'll pull out on a rare special occasion).

Not worth a new thread, but GM is rattled . . .

GM rushing next-generation trucks to market

http://www.leftlanenews.com/gm-rushing-next-generation-trucks-to-market.html

General Motors will rush its next-generation full-size pickup line to market nine-months sooner than planned to counter Ford's lightweight 2015 F-150, a new report has revealed.

General Motors will rush its next-generation full-size pickup line to market nine-months sooner than planned to counter Ford's lightweight 2015 F-150, a new report has revealed.

4 years from now instead of 5? That will make a HUGE difference.......

Given how horribly the refreshed trucks have done, then add in the new F-150...is anyone NOT suprised this is happening?

Less chrome is exactly what I liked about it.

That's why Ford made the Sport appearance option available on ALL trim level. And FX4 package available on ALL trim level. Ford is allowing you to get the exterior appearance, beefier axle ratio and uprated shocks you want in any trim level now instead of limiting you to one trim level.

If you like the old FX4, just order XLT Sport 4WD with FX4. If you like the old FX4 but want leather seats, you can now have it too, just order Lariat Sport 4WD with FX4. And if you like the old FX4 but want the kitchen sink, you can now have Platinum Sport 4WD with FX4. It's much better than before when FX4 was limited to XLT level equipment.

Are we on the same page now? :headspin:;)

The first photo below is XLT Sport FX4. The second photo is Lariat Sport FX4. The third photo is King Ranch FX4 (without sports appearance so still has chrome). There is also a Platinum FX4, and XL FX4. Whatever floats your boat!

2015-Ford-F150-FX4-Snowplow-3.jpg2015-Ford-F-150-front-side-view-in-snow.222125.jpg

Edited by bzcat