Transit Connect wishlist

bikinchris

I have a 2014 Transit connect van and I love it, but there are things I would like to see included in the future (and I wish they had thought of these things already)

MORE power points. There is no reason why there isn't a 12v or even a 110v outlet in the back of the van. And more in the front, while you're at it!

This is a business truck! Why not have cubby holes in the dash area to hold business cards, note pads, ink pens, phone and maybe even a clipboard? With all that dashboard, there could also be another glove box sized storage place or even two.

I would like the option to delete the drivers side sliding door. I see they have that in Europe.

Larger outside mirrors. With the combination of some options, you can't get the biggest mirrors. I like to see!

GoPro dash camera. In fact, I would like a 5 way camera with a DVR as an option. 5 way means driver facing camera and all 4 directions outside.

Wifi.

More if I can think of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Work lights facing rearward in the back of the van. A couple of decent LED lights you can use to work at night. Also, an optional dome light or two. When the van has racks and bins inside, the side mounted dome light, is obscured and not as useful.

I will try to mount a dome light or two in the "ceiling" of my TC. I will also try to place a power outlet on the right rear quarter. There is a hole already there and I bet there is a power plug somewhere inside the panel there. I can mount a power converter once I have that plug and even use a small compressor or Dremel tool, solder iron, etc.

• 2 months later...

AH HA! I got a notice in the mail, that the van should have had a power outlet in the right rear interior where the blank plug is. They say they will install one there.

Next, I would like to have an option for speakers installed in the rear doors, so when I am working, I can have a little background noise if I so choose. I would also like a door lock button back there.

Edited by bikinchris

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

One more request. Years ago, Ford had some fleet vehicles that offered Owner-Operator packages. Instead of bare bones interior, they offered a little higher level trim packages. I would like to have seen an owner package on the TC Van for people like me who are going to be the only person who drives. Sunglass holders, more electronics, better trim level etc. would make driving even more comfortable.

• 1 year later...