RIP Nick... Passed away 7/15/14

My Father who is till alive wants to buy a new car for him to put around town in. Instead of me being they typical opinionated asshole I said lets got look and drive them all. Those that want let us drive them can go to hell. We blew a day looking and kicking tires. My vote is for Mazda CX5 and he likes the RAV4. Doesnt matter to me becasue Im not paying for it. I was able to spend time with him and that is what is important. Stubborn as hell and set in his ways. I think Nick would appreciate that sort of story.

Nick would also have an opinion on this sort of class of vehicle that I miss.

Love this one....my dad (who is now gone) was looking for a new car several years ago, I went into "Sales man" mode to try and get him into a Ford Five Hundred....nope, he ended up with a Kia Amanti....I busted his chops about it every chance I got, but when I drove it with him, he would always smile at me and wink, saying, "C'mon....you know you like it...."

I am getting misty eyed just typing this....man do I miss him.....

God grant you eternal rest Nick.....when I get there (hopefully not for a long time...) when I hear that Cobra roar near the Pearly Gates, I know it will be you and I cant wait to shake your hand and say thank you....

• Like 2

I'm just stunned to hear this news, I was here to post a eulogy for James Garner, but to hear this makes it twice as sad. Going back to the mlhm5 thread, Nick replied that "The Rockford Files" theme song was one of his favorites. God speed Nick, say hello to Mr. Rockford for me.

Yikes! James Garner died? I missed this in the news.

I was a fan of The Rockford Files when I was a kid. I even own the theme song on a 45 disc I bought when I was probably 14 years old. Last year I bought the season one dvd set.

I recall an episode when somebody kept calling him Rockfish. Jim said "it's FORD. Rock Ford." As a Ford kid, I liked that.

...and damn it all, I forgot I wanted to add one more thing in my post. Well, I notice that Nick was the last post in the Lincoln discussion forum and I think it is cool nobody has posted after his last post, keeping Nick's name on the front page.

• Like 1

I haven't visited this site in many months and something possessed me to check in (on the day of his funeral no less). I'm absolutely shocked, saddened, and now deeply regretful that I lost contact with Nick (entirely my fault). He was the only BON member I was Facebook friends with. No matter what I said or how I said it, Nick was always fair and reasonable, even when I was off the wall.

He was one of the good ones and I'm so sorry to his family for the tragic loss.

Farewell Nick

• Like 7

I'm like many of us here on these forums who read a lot and post a little. Be that as it may, I was shocked to hear about Nick. I respected him greatly and appreciated his ability to keep things in context when some commenters got carried away. I will miss his intelligence and wit. God must need a "car guy" to help Him out. Rest in Peace Nick, gone way too young.

I was just sitting here thinking that the board feels a little dead lately, then I remembered that Nick is gone (no pun intended). We miss you Nick!

I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago. It's just not the same without Nick around. He really added life to the place and brought about some great conversations. Judging by the FaceBook posts I've seen that reference him, he touched a tremendous number of lives, including many that he had never met in person.

• Like 2

I was just sitting here thinking that the board feels a little dead lately, then I remembered that Nick is gone (no pun intended). We miss you Nick!

Definitely agree. Was thinking about that going through the sales thread and mustang power number threads.

I'm sure that if Nick could contact us from the beyond, he'd tell us to stop wasting our days bickering over trivial things, go for walks with our family, watch the sunrise, be kind to a stranger, and forgive others.

We are not promised tomorrow. It's what we do with today that be the lasting memory we create.

...and that Ford Motor Company makes the best damn cars and trucks on the planet! :rockon:

• Like 1

I am a daily visitor to this site. However since I am not a car expert per say, just a Ford fan, I dont comment often. However the I would like to add my condolences to the friends and family of Nick1011. The one thing about Nick, that I enjoyed, was even when he was responding to a novice, like myself, it was always with respect. Thanks Nick1011

• Like 2