Ford 2015 April sales down 1%

Hello all....I came looking for other information, but felt compelled to respond to some comments regarding EB engines I read here. I have 24,XXX miles on my 2013 Fusion 1.6EB with 6-speed manual. A very nice package to drive. I preordered the car and got one of the first in Phoenix. There were some trim issues that I associated with having one of the first units, but nothing major. The car has only been to the dealer for the two recalls, though there was no evidence of any issue. The car does not rattle, and actually draws compliments from passengers regarding the level of quiet. As for mileage, over more than 23,000 miles the car is averaging 33.5 MPG. That's probably 75% freeway, with speeds up to 80 and some stop and go thrown in. It frequently gets full throttle to merge and pass, though in city traffic I tend to drive pretty conservatively, including putting the trans into neutral approaching stop lights, etc.

Overall I'm very pleased with the car, and don't have any issue recommending it.

...including putting the trans into neutral approaching stop lights, etc.

FYI, that actually hurts your fuel economy with newer cars. Most of them have ADFS (active deceleration fuel shutoff) which actually shuts the fuel off when coasting. Putting the car in neutral means it has to pump the fuel to keep it idling, whereas leaving it in gear allows it to shut the fuel off and keep coasting. I'm sure the differences are miniscule, but just a tid bit for ya. I seem to remember the practice of putting the car in neutral being illegal in some areas as well.

At any rate, glad you like your Fusion!

FYI, that actually hurts your fuel economy with newer cars. Most of them have ADFS (active deceleration fuel shutoff) which actually shuts the fuel off when coasting. Putting the car in neutral means it has to pump the fuel to keep it idling, whereas leaving it in gear allows it to shut the fuel off and keep coasting. I'm sure the differences are miniscule, but just a tid bit for ya. I seem to remember the practice of putting the car in neutral being illegal in some areas as well.

How would you stop a manual at a light then? Either you keep it in neutral or the clutch engaged the whole time at the light can't leave it in gear.

How would you stop a manual at a light then? Either you keep it in neutral or the clutch engaged the whole time at the light can't leave it in gear.

You know, I was assuming automatic since he said 'putting the trans in neutral' and not 'taking it out of gear.'

If you were referring to the legality, I'm thinking it applies only to automatics. It has to do with the ability to get the car into gear quickly if necessary and the sheer fact of remembering to do it. That really doesn't apply to manuals since you are constantly shifting anyway.

But, who knows, maybe I mis-remembered about that being illegal. :)

Poster said " I have 24,XXX miles on my 2013 Fusion 1.6EB with 6-speed manual."