Ford 2015 March sales up 3%, 71,000 F-Series sold

Posted before about "What is a C-Max?".

People ignored them at Auto Show, and my friends were like 'wtf is that?'.

Big mistake to drop the Escape Hybrid model. Sure, they need to pay off the C Max tooling, but why cancel a good selling model?

Should bring back Escape hybrid and also a new Focus version. Or, rename C-Max as 'Focus Max hybrid'.

Did Ford ever break down the number of Escape hybrids sold each month? Do we know that it was higher than what C-Max has been doing? And would a newer version of it offer the same fuel economy that the C-Max does? I imagine Escape production is pretty close to capacity already as well, and will only get worse when MKC ramps up alongside it.

I wouldn't mind seeing a return of the Escape hybrid either, but only if it makes sense to do so.

(taking off rosey colored glasses)... Ahem...Yes there's a few bright stars (well even Fusion had a lower "to date" unit count)...but if you look at the numbers, majority of the vehicles are down from last years (to date) numbers. I'll chalk that up to a cold winter for most of you all areas of the country.

What I do find funny though, is the MKZ sales did well, but so did the other Lincoln vehicles this month. I'm sure while some customers visited the dealership, they didnt care for the MKZ for one reason or another (whatever they might be),but they might have walked out with another vehicle like the MKX, or Nav...surely not the MKT !! LOL Jesus Christ kill that thing already, urrggg...

I can see not wanting to cut productuoin of profitable Escapes that sell retail.

But Ford is hardly promoting the C Max, as if it's a 'captive import' as if they are old Merkurs. "Not invented here" syndrome?

I work at a Dept of Defense site and saw many Escape hybrids over the past 5 years. But hardly any C's at all!

Posted before about "What is a C-Max?".

People ignored them at Auto Show, and my friends were like 'wtf is that?'.

Big mistake to drop the Escape Hybrid model. Sure, they need to pay off the C Max tooling, but why cancel a good selling model?

Should bring back Escape hybrid and also a new Focus version. Or, rename C-Max as 'Focus Max hybrid'.

Escape sales

2004 183,430 - (inc. 2,993 hybrids)

2005 165,122 - (inc. 18,797 hybrids)

2006 157,395 - (inc. 20,149 hybrids)

2007 165,596 - (inc. 21,386 hybrids)

2008 156,544 - (inc. 17,173 hybrids)

2009 173,044 - (inc. 14,787 hybrids)

2010 191,026 - (inc. 11,182 hybrids)

2011 254,293 - (inc. 10,089 hybrids)

2012 261,008 - (inc. 1,441 hybrids)

C-Max 2013 total 35,210

Edited by MKII

I wonder what GM is going to do. They've come out with their 2014 1/2 ton, and while I wouldn't say it's a flop, it's certainly not generating any kind of excitement in anyone who is not already in the 'I'll only by GM and nothing else' category. These 1/2 tons are huge cash cows for any company, so when your cash cow product is basically choking against a 3 year or so old product, WTF does that say about your revenue future? I'd love to be a fly on the wall at GM 1/2 ton leadership product team meetings, it's got to be...concerned...times over there...

GM just recalled all their trucks and SUVs -- '14 and '15 -- so I think they're about to be in for a world of hurt in that segment.

We just picked up two prius's. (against my much screaming/yelling)

Now we have 4 prius's and two leaf's.

Yes they are a money loser and not practical at all but "it looks good for the military to be green"

I think it's called social engineering, paid for by the taxpayer. :salute:

Or in other words...BULLSH#$!!!

Money losers? Why are all the taxi companies buying hybrids then? Depending on the usage profile, hybrids and EVs can save tons of money in the long run if you look at total cost of ownership.

Escape sales

2004 183,430 - (inc. 2,993 hybrids)

2005 165,122 - (inc. 18,797 hybrids)

2006 157,395 - (inc. 20,149 hybrids)

2007 165,596 - (inc. 21,386 hybrids)

2008 156,544 - (inc. 17,173 hybrids)

2009 173,044 - (inc. 14,787 hybrids)

2010 191,026 - (inc. 11,182 hybrids)

2011 254,293 - (inc. 10,089 hybrids)

2012 261,008 - (inc. 1,441 hybrids)

C-Max 2013 total 35,210

Yeah, but, but...buh buh buh....arrgh, stop it with your facts and stuff!

• Like 2

I can see not wanting to cut productuoin of profitable Escapes that sell retail.

But Ford is hardly promoting the C Max, as if it's a 'captive import' as if they are old Merkurs. "Not invented here" syndrome?

I work at a Dept of Defense site and saw many Escape hybrids over the past 5 years. But hardly any C's at all!

Well Ford is pushing the Detroit Dirt ad shortly (I haven't seen it on TV yet, but I don't watch that much TV either)

I work on DOD base, and I see a ton of Fusion Hybrids along with PIU's

I see that Mustang sales have increased every month since the 2015 reveal. Could that be because potential Mustang buyers don't like the 2015 and are purchasing the current model while they still can?

Possibly a more likely explanation is that the economy is on the rebound and people have more disposable income. Mustang is not a necessity, it's a second car for a lot of people.

Camaro is up so far this year as well.

I don't understand the reasons to buy a S197 when the S550 has already been shown, and it looks to improve in every way on the S197. I'll take mine in Triple Yellow, 2.3L EcoBoost, please!

Possibly a more likely explanation is that the economy is on the rebound and people have more disposable income. Mustang is not a necessity, it's a second car for a lot of people.

Camaro is up so far this year as well.

I don't understand the reasons to buy a S197 when the S550 has already been shown, and it looks to improve in every way on the S197. I'll take mine in Triple Yellow, 2.3L EcoBoost, please!

0% finance for 60 month +$2,000 cash back or %4,750 cash back sure greases the wheels...

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

Money losers? Why are all the taxi companies buying hybrids then? Depending on the usage profile, hybrids and EVs can save tons of money in the long run if you look at total cost of ownership.

I'm sorry but it appears we have come to a decidedly difference of opinion my fellow Canadian. Perhaps we should discuss this over a poutine and beer, eh? Of course I'm always up for a beavertail and some backbacon too so please don't consider my pallet singularly focus'd on the staples.

More to the point however, I would like to express my concern with purchasing a vehicle, (that in this area at least) has basically no resale value and requires all maintenance be performed at the local dealership. The alternative being that we send the tech's on courses ($$$) and obtain tooling and equipment ($$$) for a vehicle that we will retain for 3 years.

Please don't think I take your counter to my opinion lightly as it causes me great anguish to have to do so. But, I feel I must express myself, as is my right as a Canadian.

Sincerely,

Your honourable opposition.

• Like 2

It will be aboot the most polite throwdown ever.

In yer face bye!

How polite was dat, eh? I friggin tol' him, a ting or two dere bye. Oh yes me trout, da bye won't knowd what hit 'im wit dat smackdown repartay I layed on 'im!

Now yur seeing da dirty side of a canuck me son, I tol' ya it twernt purty!

• Like 2