2015 Taurus

Going_Going_Gone

I've got nothing else for the Taurus

but

MKS has been very unofficially "hinted" to have

-- concept at NAIAS 2015

-- production around end of cy2015 (could be 2016my or 2017my)

-- name changed to Continental

then there's the *rumor* of moving to FlatRock

ALL of ^that^ could be wrong biggrin.gif

I've got nothing else for the Taurus

but

MKS has been very unofficially "hinted" to have

-- concept at NAIAS 2015

-- production around end of cy2015 (could be 2016my or 2017my)

-- name changed to Continental

then there's the *rumor* of moving to FlatRock

ALL of ^that^ could be wrong biggrin.gif

I would guess that like MKT Town Car, MKS will become MKS Continental....

Any reliable info out there regarding the plans for the 2015 Taurus and Lincoln MKS? Refresh or all-new platform? Will be in the market next fall, just considering my potential options.

There was an attribute mule running around earlier this year that was a modified Fusion with a funky rear end and a MKZ nose on it.

Flat Rock will be getting the MKS and Taurus in 2015 or so, The Mustang is getting flexed in with the Fusion production line when it goes into production next Spring/Summer. The Mustang line will get ripped out and then the Taurus/MKS line will go in its place.

I wouldn't expect a new car till end of 2015 as a 2016MY car.

• 1 month later...

There was an attribute mule running around earlier this year that was a modified Fusion with a funky rear end and a MKZ nose on it.

Flat Rock will be getting the MKS and Taurus in 2015 or so, The Mustang is getting flexed in with the Fusion production line when it goes into production next Spring/Summer. The Mustang line will get ripped out and then the Taurus/MKS line will go in its place.

I wouldn't expect a new car till end of 2015 as a 2016MY car.

silvrsvt, That is what I am hearing also and I believe that the 2015 will be little changed (if any) because the order bank is scheduled to open for the 2015 MY Taurus 3/15/2014 with a Job 1 date of 6/2/2014. What I don't know but would like to know, is what changes will happen for MY 2015? Does anyone know when the order guide will be released? I assume it will be around the time of the order bank opening. Will anyone have access to post an order guide when it is released?

I am really hoping that the 'Dark Side' color continues as an SHO option for MY 2015.

Thank you for your input.

silvrsvt, That is what I am hearing also and I believe that the 2015 will be little changed (if any) because the order bank is scheduled to open for the 2015 MY Taurus 3/15/2014 with a Job 1 date of 6/2/2014. What I don't know but would like to know, is what changes will happen for MY 2015? Does anyone know when the order guide will be released? I assume it will be around the time of the order bank opening. Will anyone have access to post an order guide when it is released?

I am really hoping that the 'Dark Side' color continues as an SHO option for MY 2015.

Thank you for your input.

As for changes, maybe new colors and or wheel options.

If you get a SHO, get a tune for it, it really wakes the car up. I have one on mine and I love it (besides paying for super in it LOL)

silvrsvt,

I do expect there will be new colors and (maybe) wheels, but I am hoping the Dark Side color stays for one more year on the SHO. I am still looking but, leaning (STRONGLY) to the Taurus SHO and there are not any Dark Side SHO's in my area and I don't expect to be in the market until mid to late summer. I am planning on having to order and after next month that would be 2015.

Did the tune on your SHO affect fuel mileage or drivability?