Post your 2015 Mustang Videos NOW! Here is the 1st!

Overall, I really like it. I think the proportions are spot on. It removed some of the things about the previous model that I thought were growing old (the round GT grille lights, Shelby-style quarter window, and fake gas cap) and nipped and tucked in all the right places (I reeeeeaaaallly like the new rocker panel treatment). Seen as a whole, I even like the interior. Very glad the toggle switches received a metallic-looking finish. The previous spy shots had me worried. The buttons above them still look a bit cheesy though.

Edited by NickF1011

The funny thing is that if you look at the design proposals on the one video, they still where going with round Foglights in the grill look with the car.

The one all the way on the right hand side look like a barely reskinned 2014 model.

The Dash looks better then the spy photos, well the buttons do..

Looks like the EB gets a boost gauge next to oil pressure between the vents.

I really like this design. I think the look of the two guages between the two air vents in the middle is much better than the 3 air vents, plus that texture finish is nice. That might be enough to make me get the eco boost or whatever package that's included with.

Mustang6g.com have a video with sound clips.

The 5.0 sounds glorious.

I was just on that site looking at the reveal photos. That's the first time I've seen a good clear photo of the back of the car and I really am not feeling it now. Already looking forward to the first refresh so they can address some of these issues. I guess I'll be looking at a 2014 model in the not to distant future.

The 2014 is a much better looking car. This thing is a let down. The front end looks like they styled it after a whale shark feeding and then transplanted the headlamps from a Taurus. The greenhouse is too small and out of proportion for the rest of the car and the profile shot reminds me of an Accord coupe. It's just not attractive at all. I'd much rather have the current Mustang even with the live rear axle.

wait till you see it in the flesh Blackhorse, I was VERY sceptical myself, but studying ( not merely glancing ) the photos, there are som easily missed surface details that are quite ( hate to use this word ) breath-taking......

wait till you see it in the flesh Blackhorse, I was VERY sceptical myself, but studying ( not merely glancing ) the photos, there are som easily missed surface details that are quite ( hate to use this word ) breath-taking......

A valid point. There are a lot of cars that don't look good in photos but do look good in person. I'll be sure to check it out when it hits the lots.

A valid point. There are a lot of cars that don't look good in photos but do look good in person. I'll be sure to check it out when it hits the lots.

more I look , more I like, reminds me of the fastbacks....and judging by what I am reading, its being VERY well received....

more I look , more I like, reminds me of the fastbacks....and judging by what I am reading, its being VERY well received....

No doubt of that. I've seen far more people praise the car than be critical of it so I have illusions that I'm in the minority in that regard. But beauty is in the eye and all that. So far I'm just not liking it.

On a side note, a good friend of mine has a 2013 MCoA package in Grabber Blue. She has always had Mustangs and today she had to pop the hood and fill her washer fluid. It's the 3.7 motor but instantly I was reminded of how easy it is to maintain a front engine, rear drive car and I wanted one. I'm already tired of pulling maintenance on this FWD tC. It's a fun car to drive but maintenance is a pain in the ass. I'm ready to get back into the RWD and the V6 is ideal for daily driving.

Edited by BlackHorse
  • Like 1

No doubt of that. I've seen far more people praise the car than be critical of it so I have illusions that I'm in the minority in that regard. But beauty is in the eye and all that. So far I'm just not liking it.

On a side note, a good friend of mine has a 2013 MCoA package in Grabber Blue. She has always had Mustangs and today she had to pop the hood and fill her washer fluid. It's the 3.7 motor but instantly I was reminded of how easy it is to maintain a front engine, rear drive car and I wanted one. I'm already tired of pulling maintenance on this FWD tC. It's a fun car to drive but maintenance is a pain in the ass. I'm ready to get back into the RWD and the V6 is ideal for daily driving.

I think 9 out of 10 current mustang fans will like it while 1 out of 10 won't. More importantly, I think this mustang will appeal to a lot of people who would not have even considered the current model, including a lot of import shoppers.

I think 9 out of 10 current mustang fans will like it while 1 out of 10 won't. More importantly, I think this mustang will appeal to a lot of people who would not have even considered the current model, including a lot of import shoppers.

I could see it having a broader appeal to import shoppers although that will be a tough sell in many cases as they will still regard the Mustang as big and bloated. They prefer cars like the FR-S which they swear is a real sports car even though it got whipped on a road course by the current V6 Mustang; live axle and all. But the new body lines might appeal to some of them. Personally I thought they should have kept the C-Scoop just aft of the doors and lose that continuing body line along the shoulder behind the back wheels. I'm not at all enamored with the way they did the back and the front would be okay if they used slightly larger headlamp assemblies but i still don't like the way the nose rounds off. As you say, most people will like it but it's just not my cup of tea.

Edited by BlackHorse

I could see it having a broader appeal to import shoppers although that will be a tough sell in many cases as they will still regard the Mustang as big and bloated. They prefer cars like the FR-S which they swear is a real sports car even though it got whipped on a road course by the current V6 Mustang; live axle and all.

There is a difference in how a car like the FR-S or Miata handles around a track versus a current mustang or other pony car. It's a totally different experience. It's not always about raw lap time.

• Like 1

There is a difference in how a car like the FR-S or Miata handles around a track versus a current mustang or other pony car. It's a totally different experience. It's not always about raw lap time.

I get that but personally I don't buy cars for driving on a race course. I buy cars for use on everyday roads. Heck I'm not even interested in putting a car on a race course. So for me I have to factor which car is all around going to be better and more fun to drive on real roads where you're going to encounter speed bumps, pot holes and uneven surfaces from time to time. A car that I don't have to worry about scraping the front end in dips or driveways because it sits too low. A car that is easier to park because I don't have to worry about curb height or parking space dividers. Which of the two do you think better suits those tasks?

I get that but personally I don't buy cars for driving on a race course. I buy cars for use on everyday roads. Heck I'm not even interested in putting a car on a race course. So for me I have to factor which car is all around going to be better and more fun to drive on real roads where you're going to encounter speed bumps, pot holes and uneven surfaces from time to time. A car that I don't have to worry about scraping the front end in dips or driveways because it sits too low. A car that is easier to park because I don't have to worry about curb height or parking space dividers. Which of the two do you think better suits those tasks?

If that's your criteria then you'll never understand the appeal of a small, light, nimble sports car. That doesn't mean one is better than the other - they're just different and both are perfectly valid.

If that's your criteria then you'll never understand the appeal of a small, light, nimble sports car. That doesn't mean one is better than the other - they're just different and both are perfectly valid.

I get the appeal and I've driven quite a few of them. They just aren't my cup of tea is all. I don't have any interest in that world and that's why I prefer the sort of muscle car end of the spectrum. Lots of fun, more then well handled enough for street driving and durable enough to handle everyday roads.

Edited by BlackHorse