Ford November 2013 Sales

with its warmed-over-Cobalt-which-was-a-warmed-over-Cavalier exterior styling.

Um, the Cobalt was a completely different design starting with completely different door design and window technology. They look similar, in that they both have 4 wheels.

As to the Cruze, you're entitled to your opinion. Mine is that the Cruze is very different from the Cobalt, which has different proportions and a much 'softer' look, compared to the crisp fender lines on the Cruze, which also has a more aggressive front clip. :)

• Like 1

It's not like the Cruze is the cream of the crop of small cars either. I really can't believe it's doing well at all with its warmed-over-Cobalt-which-was-a-warmed-over-Cavalier exterior styling.

Well, don't forget that GM still sells more vehicles than any other automaker in the US.

And has a lower profit than Ford. I'd guess that the Cobalt carries a significantly lower ATP than the Focus.

Well, don't forget that GM still sells more vehicles than any other automaker in the US.

And has a lower profit than Ford. I'd guess that the Cobalt carries a significantly lower ATP than the Focus.

I would hope so, they haven't sold them new in years!

• Like 1

As for E-Series sales, Frontline Communications bought up "every one that they could" to convert into ENG and SNG live trucks before they go offline. They have a Transit demo going around, but they're also pushing the Nissan NV (without success thus far) for builds before the Transits are ready to roll.

Um, the Cobalt was a completely different design starting with completely different door design and window technology. They look similar, in that they both have 4 wheels.

As to the Cruze, you're entitled to your opinion. Mine is that the Cruze is very different from the Cobalt, which has different proportions and a much 'softer' look, compared to the crisp fender lines on the Cruze, which also has a more aggressive front clip. :)

I still see similarities in all of their designs, and I know I'm not the only one. :shrug:

The worst part of the Cruze is the taillights. They just seem a generation behind the industry in their ghastly shape and size.

Edited by NickF1011

I still see similarities in all of their designs, and I know I'm not the only one. :shrug:

The worst part of the Cruze is the taillights. They just seem a generation behind the industry in their ghastly shape and size.

Weren't just arguing a while ago the new gen Impala was so different from the prior gen that even though it has the same name, no one would confuse the 2? Now 2 vehicles, after a completely new design, with 2 different names, look similar?

Weren't just arguing a while ago the new gen Impala was so different from the prior gen that even though it has the same name, no one would confuse the 2? Now 2 vehicles, after a completely new design, with 2 different names, look similar?

If you're going to give a car a new name, try giving it a new look is what I'm saying. Don't see how this has anything to do with the Impala that kept the same name all along.

Odd dip in CMax sales, otherwise, looking good!

F-Series is just nuts. 65k trucks???

Edge and MKX finally starting to show their age?

2,100 units aren't enough to save it, sad as it is. After this cycle, it's a goner.

is it? Too bad, it is a fun looking car.

Sad, but you can't save a car that sells under 50k a year.

I agree, the Edge needs an update. Like the Escape, it has done well, but it needs a refresh like the Escape had

Would also like to see Ford get into Heavy Trucks some more. As Hino/Toyota are making some serious headways into the US market.

Japanese Yen has been devaluated for more than 20% already.

Toyota keeps saying that Toyota makes cars in U.S. If so, the currency advantage should not have made any difference.

It is sad that most of people believe what Toyota says.

To be fair the US dollar was heavily devalued first. Japan is just playing ctahcup. I think the dollar = 97-103 yen is about fair.