OFFICIAL: 2015 Lincoln MKC EcoBoost 2.3

I LOVE IT! It looks 100x better than the Escape IMO, and they have done an excellent job differentiating the two. I think many would be hard-pressed to tell the MKC has the underpinnings of the Escape if you parked the two side by side.

And it sounds like C&D is finally starting to get it:

So, yes, the MKC shares its platform with a Ford product, or rather several of them, as it rides on the solid C1 bones that also underpin the Focus, theC-Max, and the one most closely related to this Lincoln, the Escape. But calling the MKC a rebadged Escape sells short the alterations that make it, if not a unique vehicle, somewhat more than a simple re-skin.

An interesting note on My Lincoln Touch:

Another feature making its Lincoln debut on the MKC is always-on connectivity, which allowed for the development of the MyLincoln Mobile app for starting, locking, and locating the vehicle, as well as pre-conditioning the interior. Owners can also check various vehicle diagnostics and program remote start times.

I remain genuinely impressed with the MKC's development, and feel this could add 20-30% to Lincoln's monthly sales, easily.

275hp for the optional drivetrain is about perfect for the segment, leaving room for a "Red Label" doing over 300 ponies. Maybe the Nano V6...?

in any case, assuming proper execution and marketing (and no huge rollout issues), I expect this to become the volume leader for the brand...and the best execution yet of the grille, proportional to the nose and the rest of the vehicle.

For anyone shocked by this, I remind you that I've been kinda high on the MKC since the first concept pics.

Showed the wife this morning thinking this would be her new vehicle in another year or two. She hates it. Can't stand the grille. OTOH she loves the Caddy SRX. She'll probably go for a new Edge though. As much as I like the SRX styling I just can't stand the thought of owning a Caddy.

Looks great! I like the CUV interpretation of the MKZ-style interior. Rear looks fantastic. Front looks good, though not a wide departure from what we are already used to on the MKZ, so there's nothing shocking going on there.

The side bottom sills are more sculpted then I expected and kept the spirit of the concept. Very nice (though not crazy about it being black instead of body color...I know they do it to reduce visual mass, but I think it looks a tad cheap)

Leatherette! Dammit, one less thing we can complain about on BMWs! ;)

If this thing doesn't bring the sales to Lincoln, they might as well close up shop, because nothing will.

Edited by Intrepidatious

There looks to be a few new colors:

Silver Sand Metallic

Tahitian Pearl Metallic (Purple)

Karat Gold Metallic

Midnight Sapphire Metallic (Darker blue)

Not sure if those are available on any other Ford/Lincolns right now.

I think the 2.3 will be over 300hp actually.

According to the official site, it is actually 275HP/300LB-FT torque.

Edited by jinx8402

Karat Gold replaced Ginger Ale on the 2014 Escape as of job 2. Midnight Sapphire has been available on the Navigator and is Blue Jeans Metallic renamed for Lincoln, and will likely replace Deep Impact Blue on Fords in 2015 as well. The Tahitian Pearl and Silver Sands are all new. That purple is pretty bold!

• Like 1

There looks to be a few new colors:

Silver Sand Metallic

Tahitian Pearl Metallic (Purple)

Karat Gold Metallic

Midnight Sapphire Metallic (Darker blue)

Not sure if those are available on any other Ford/Lincolns right now.

According to the official site, it is actually 275HP/300LB-FT torque.

Separate colors are really necessary to further separate them from Ford. This is what I expected from the new Lincoln team.

I'd like to see personalization of MLT settings and vehicle settings tied to the driver's key.

This.

Although at least Lincoln only offers it on the entry-level CUV. You can get leatherette (er, "Sensatec") on a BMW all the way up through the 5 Series and the X5. :headscratch:

Not a huge deal if it's only on the entry level model. If it shows up on a $40K - $50K model then it would be more concerning.

It's apparent they're going for a low entry price point with a FWD leatherette model with the 2.0EB engine and no LRC (or is it LDC?). This should help initial sales but might hurt Escape Titanium sales.

I'm a big Audi snob when it comes to exterior lighting and body lines, and let me tell you, I've seen the MKC in person in dark conditions and it's simply stunning. The approach detection feature is killer and will be a must have (not sure if it comes standard). In terms of exterior looks and lighting, I think the MKC is class leading, with many competitors starting with MSRP's of 10k more. I don't think people shopping this segment will be overly particular about powertrains like the MKZ segment. The ecoboost 2.3 will provide PLENTY of zip and hopefully the European chassis philosophy we've seen on smaller Fords will make it into the MKC ride/handling DNA to give a sporty feel. Bravo for making the HVAC separate from MLT.

Considering Ford doesn't have to invest 6 billion or whatever it takes to develop a new platform, they really knocked this out of the park :)

Not a huge deal if it's only on the entry level model. If it shows up on a $40K - $50K model then it would be more concerning.

It's apparent they're going for a low entry price point with a FWD leatherette model with the 2.0EB engine and no LRC (or is it LDC?). This should help initial sales but might hurt Escape Titanium sales.

While normally I'd agree with you about the zero-sum game between Ford/Lincoln, I really forsee a ton of new customers coming into the Lincoln brand (not rocket science haha). While I see a lot of loyalty from owners with sports cars or sport sedans, I don't think the same will hold for this segment. Tons will probably be former Japanese Luxury SUV owners - Lexus, Infinity, Acura etc. They will be looking for the best value and exterior/interior looks. The Japanese are def benefiting from the weak Yen, so hopefully they don't bring down prices. After seeing the MKC, I don't know how you go Buick or Cadillac instead, and that new Jeep is fugly so Chrysler is sort of a non-factor IMO. Doubtful the person buying a Cherokee would cross shop a Lexus RX300 or BMW X3.

While normally I'd agree with you about the zero-sum game between Ford/Lincoln, I really forsee a ton of new customers coming into the Lincoln brand (not rocket science haha). While I see a lot of loyalty from owners with sports cars or sport sedans, I don't think the same will hold for this segment. Tons will probably be former Japanese Luxury SUV owners - Lexus, Infinity, Acura etc. They will be looking for the best value and exterior/interior looks. The Japanese are def benefiting from the weak Yen, so hopefully they don't bring down prices. After seeing the MKC, I don't know how you go Buick or Cadillac instead, and that new Jeep is fugly so Chrysler is sort of a non-factor IMO. Doubtful the person buying a Cherokee would cross shop a Lexus RX300 or BMW X3.

Don't get me wrong - I think the net result will be hugely positive. But I think there will be some Escape Titanium buyers that would step up to the MKC instead. Which is a good thing.

Bravo for making the HVAC separate from MLT.

The HVAC was already separate (redundant anyway) from the MLT touch screen. They simply changed from capacitive sliders to knobs and buttons.

Considering Ford doesn't have to invest 6 billion or whatever it takes to develop a new platform, they really knocked this out of the park :)

Even if they had billions to invest, it would have been silly to develop a new platform for a vehicle like this for any brand.