Ford October 2013 Sales Results

Per normal, I will update this thread throughout the day.

alan_mulally_B.03.jpg

Ford: Up 14% https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2013/11/01/october-2013-sales.html

---------------------------------------------------------------

GM: Up 16% http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2013/Nov/gmsales.html

Chrysler: Up 11% http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=15047&mid=1

Honda: Estimated up 13% (Reuters and TrueCar)

Toyota: Up 8% http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/11/01/asian-brand-october-2013-auto-sales-toyota-honda-nissan/3331077/

Nissan:

Volkswagen:

Hyundai: Up 7% http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/01/hyundai-sale-idUSL3N0IM1ES20131101

Estimates from:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/31/us-autos-sales-preview-idUSBRE99U14Z20131031

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Ford Motor Company Achieves Best October U.S. Retail Sales Since 2004 Multiple Performance Records Set

• Ford Motor company October total sales up 14 percent – retail sales up 15 percent; best October retail since 2004
  • Ford Fusion up 71 percent and Fiesta up 9 percent – both report record-setting October sales
  • F-Series tops 60,000 trucks for sixth-straight month
  • All-new Lincoln MKZ total sales up 80 percent including best-ever October retail sales – total Lincoln brand up 38 percent

LINK

Ford Motor Company Achieves Best October U.S. Retai
l
Sales Since 2004; Multiple Performance Records Set

Ford Motor Company’s October U.S. total sales of 191,985 vehicles rose 14 percent over a year ago. Retail sales are up 15 percent, at 142,487 vehicles.

It is the company’s best October retail sales performance since 2004.

Gains were broad-based, with passenger cars up 19 percent, utilities up 9 percent, and trucks up 14 percent. Ford Fusion and Fiesta posted best-ever

October sales, and F-Series again topped 60,000 sales.

“October was simply an outstanding retail performance, as consumers continued to choose Ford for great fuel efficiency, styling and value at all levels of the market,”

said John Felice, vice president, U.S. marketing, sales and service. “The combination of great new products, such as Fusion and Escape, along with the strength of

our dealers helped us achieve our best October retail sales month since 2004.”

Fusion sales of 21,740 vehicles jumped 71 percent year-over-year, making it the car’s best-ever sales performance for October. The strongest growth for Fusion is

in the west region of the U.S., with retail sales up 77 percent. In the eastern region of the country, Fusion retail sales are up 65 percent.

Escape sales of 22,253 vehicles increased 12 percent, while Fiesta sales of 4,337 vehicles increased 9 percent – setting a new record for October. F-Series sales of

63,803 trucks are up 13 percent, making October the sixth-straight month above the 60,000-vehicle mark for F-Series. The last time Ford sold more than 60,000

trucks for six consecutive months was 2006.

Lincoln MKZ sales of 2,909 vehicles increased 80 percent over a year ago, leading the Lincoln brand to an overall increase of 38 percent. MKZ has now reported

record sales for six of the last seven months, attracting significant conquest buyers to the Lincoln brand.

LINCOLN BRAND
MKZ 2,909 (1,614) +80.2% (YOY, Lincoln is seeing a 63% increase in MKZ transaction prices...wow)
MKS 919 (699) +31.5%
Lincoln Cars 3,828 (2,334) +64.0%
MKX 2,022 (1,602) +26.2%
MKT 327 (426) -23.2%
Navigator 954 (792) 20.5%
Lincoln Utilities 3,303 (2,820) 17.1%
Lincoln Brand 7,131 (5,154) 38.4%

Fleet Sales = 26%

Commercial = 12%

Govt = 6%

rental = 8%

In October, nearly all F150s sold were 2013 models with an average incentive spend of $4,400 per vehicle.

Ford does not expect full roll in of 2014 F150 sales until early next year as it sells down 2013 inventory stock.

F-Series Total Average transaction price is around $37,000.

Police Interceptor Sedan 995 (893) 11.4%

Police Interceptor Utility 1,704 (682) 149.9%

Re reduction in Focus, Ford is seeing a shift form Cars to small Utilities running at around 15%

Edited by jpd80

So MKZ was up 80%, not 70% as noted in yesterday's article (nice). However, that's still only up 35 units from last month (so basically flat) after the ad blitz.

Optimism: With the ad blitz, I would assume brand awareness / inquiries have gone up (which may translate into higher November sales) or at very least, continue the consistent sales numbers. Almost 3k sales is nothing to scoff at in itself (and in reality, who knows what October sales would have been without the ads)

Here's the Ford sales table from the link. Looking good:

post-6726-0-37609300-1383319384.png

post-6726-0-43939600-1383319642.png

post-6726-0-37609300-1383319384_thumb.png

post-6726-0-43939600-1383319642_thumb.png

Edited by Intrepidatious

CMax and Focus sales down, looks like lower gas prices and a much better Fiesta are having an impact.

After reading this Detroit News article this morning about Chevy Sales and all GM brands had increases..but stating how Focus sales were down "considerably"..I sent this email to the critic (Karl Henkel):

Karl,  suggest you review your article on the sales for October : "Sales of two small cars — the Focus and C-Max — dropped considerably in October." ... while you went on to state: "All GM brands had sales increases.."  Case in point : Chevy Cruze October sales 2012 (19,121) vs Oct 2013 (16087).  compared to Focus October 2012 sales (18,320) vs Oct 2013 (15,108).  BOTTOMLINE....Both Focus and Cruze were down "roughly" 3000 units year over year.  Question: Why did you only slam Focus ("...dropped considerably in October..") Its misleading to readers. Cruze, in fact, was down almost exactly the same! 

The entire "C" segment is soft? Chevy Cruze is down 10% to about 16,000 units and the Dodge Dud (sorry, Dart) is stuck at about 5,500 units.

CMax and Focus sales down, looks like lower gas prices and a much better Fiesta are having an impact.

After reading this Detroit News article this morning about Chevy Sales and all GM brands had increases..but stating how Focus sales were down "considerably"..I sent this email to the critic (Karl Henkel):

Karl,  suggest you review your article on the sales for October : "Sales of two small cars — the Focus and C-Max — dropped considerably in October." ... while you went on to state: "All GM brands had sales increases.."  Case in point : Chevy Cruze October sales 2012 (19,121) vs Oct 2013 (16087).  compared to Focus October 2012 sales (18,320) vs Oct 2013 (15,108).  BOTTOMLINE....Both Focus and Cruze were down "roughly" 3000 units year over year.  Question: Why did you only slam Focus ("...dropped considerably in October..") Its misleading to readers. Cruze, in fact, was down almost exactly the same! 

The entire "C" segment is soft? Chevy Cruze is down 10% to about 16,000 units and the Dodge Dud (sorry, Dart) is stuck at about 5,500 units.

One more comment: GM sales website boasting that the Cruze had its best October 2013 sales ever! Huh?! Wrong!!. Maybe its the new math! October 2012 was the best October! Liars figure..but figures DON'T lie!

One more comment: GM sales website boasting that the Cruze had its best October 2013 sales ever! Huh?! Wrong!!. Maybe its the new math! October 2012 was the best October! Liars figure..but figures DON'T lie!

They call out retail sales in their press release, not total sales.

• Retail sales of Chevrolet passenger cars were up 32 percent. Cruze had its best-ever October retail sales. Impala retail deliveries nearly doubled and Malibu retail sales increased 58 percent.

So MKZ was up 80%, not 70% as noted in yesterday's article (nice). However, that's still only up 35 units from last month (so basically flat) after the ad blitz.

Optimism: With the ad blitz, I would assume brand awareness / inquiries have gone up (which may translate into higher November sales) or at very least, continue the consistent sales numbers. Almost 3k sales is nothing to scoff at in itself (and in reality, who knows what October sales would have been without the ads)

Lincoln is looking to stabilize. I could see MKZ settling in around 3000 units a month for awhile. Marketing is needed to maintain that and isn't necessarily intended to drastically increase anything.

If Lincoln could get just a handful of vehicles that could consistently sell about as well as MKZ is now, they'd probably be comfortable with that.

GM sold 3900 Corvettes last month??? What the heck kind of incentives were on that thing? It had been bouncing barely above or below 1000 the last several months.

And geez, for all the talk about Cadillac being a success that should be emulated by Lincoln, it should be noted once again that they only have one model that has been outselling the MKZ lately.

(And I think GM can finally remove the "(Chevy)" notation from the Suburban sales line. It's been how many years now since the GMC version was renamed Yukon XL?)

Edited by NickF1011

Lincoln is looking to stabilize. I could see MKZ settling in around 3000 units a month for awhile. Marketing is needed to maintain that and isn't necessarily intended to drastically increase anything.

If Lincoln could get just a handful of vehicles that could consistently sell about as well as MKZ is now, they'd probably be comfortable with that.

Lincoln MKZ sales will slowly increase over time as the brand. Next year you will see Lincoln have 40%-60% gain in sales depending on launches, the new Navigator and MKC will help a lot. the new Navigator should be good for another 750/1000 units a month, and MKC will probably be at 3K a month at year end(2014). Also look like neither the Escape or Fusion will break 300,000k this year.

GM sold 3900 Corvettes last month??? What the heck kind of incentives were on that thing? It had been bouncing barely above or below 1000 the last several months.

And geez, for all the talk about Cadillac being a success that should be emulated by Lincoln, it should be noted once again that they only have one model that has been outselling the MKZ lately.

(And I think GM can finally remove the "(Chevy)" notation from the Suburban sales line. It's been how many years now since the GMC version was renamed Yukon XL?)

The new Corvette only starting shipping to dealers in late September and didn't really start selling until October. Any prior month's sales were last year's (old) model.

Edited by Intrepidatious

The new Corvette only starting shipping to dealers in late September and didn't really start selling until October. Any prior month's sales were last year's (old) model.

I doubt too many of October's sales were the new model either. But hey, could be a hit I guess. I didn't even know the new one was on sale yet. :shrug:

Edited by NickF1011

I doubt too many of October's sales were the new model either. But hey, could be a hit I guess. I didn't even know the new one was on sale yet. :shrug:

A lot of it is probably pent-up demand. Corvette aficionados have been waiting patiently for the new car for months. Now that it's here, they all want it, like now!

I suspect the same thing will happen next year when the new Mustang comes out. Sales will probably rise dramatically.