Sure, the economy is fine. We're in a recovery, right?

• 1 month later...

The CBO (Congressional Budget Office) reports that the bottom 40% of households paid -9.1%, YES....NEGATIVE 9.1% of income taxes.

Where the top 40% paid a whopping 106.2%......more than 100% of income taxes.

Now, tell me there is not "income redistribution" at work!

CBO:Top 40% Paid 106.2% of Income Taxes; Bottom 40% Paid -9.1%, Got Average of $18,950 in 'Transfers'

And of course we have Nancy Pelosi hawking Unemployment Insurance as a net positive economic stimulus.

Imagine the stimulus effect if the earners got to spend their own money instead of those beneficiaries of the governments largesse.

Some here believe the money goes further when spent by people who didn't earn it.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

And of course we have Nancy Pelosi hawking Unemployment Insurance as a net positive economic stimulus.

Imagine the stimulus effect if the earners got to spend their own money instead of those beneficiaries of the governments largesse.

Some here believe the money goes further when spent by people who didn't earn it.

No, I doubt anyone believes that.

Although, I don't figure that anyone in the lowest quintile is dumping their cash into Cayman island accounts, Any money from credits they receive is going right back into the economy within days of getting it.

You keep playing the game with the assumption that all the rich people put all their "spare" money back into investments that will impact our economy, which they don't.

Here's a example.

Give a rich person extra money and then they do (not all but some) invest in clothing today which come from textiles from India, factories in Cambodia.

Give a bum a few bucks, he'll probably at least buy a beer brewed in America. Maybe even a meal cooked nearby too.

Edited by Langston Hughes

No, I doubt anyone believes that. (A)

Although, I don't figure that anyone in the lowest quintile is dumping their cash into Cayman island accounts, Any money from credits they receive is going right back into the economy within days of getting it. (B)

You keep playing the game with the assumption that all the rich people put all their "spare" money back into investments that will impact our economy, which they don't.©

Here's a example.

Give a rich person extra money and then they do (not all but some) invest in clothing today which come from textiles from India, factories in Cambodia. (D)

Give a bum a few bucks, he'll probably at least buy a beer brewed in America. Maybe even a meal cooked nearby too. (E)

Let's try this format:

(A) What? Nancy Pelosi? Enough believe her to keep her in office.

(B) Why is the Caymans an issue? Oh, people are motivated to employ techniques to limit their tax obligations by finding "LEGAL" shelters. Perhaps re-examining the tax code will reveal ways to make keeping cash in the US more practical and less heavily penalized. People like you have pushed cash off-shore. You are the one who has made those techniques necessary and attractive. All because you think you have a right to others property. The paper equivalent of their exchange of their life's labor compensation. Take cash out of the picture. Barter, and sweat equity for sweat equity, is impossible to transfer to others. You have to sweat to provide a product/service for another to surrender their own sweat equity. The government and your ilk hate this. Because, it doesn't use "Federal Reserve Notes" or the country's fiat currency. It circumvents the banks and their manipulations and tracking. The IRS is frustrated by their inability to confiscate value to be distributed to non-participatory individuals.

The more you lean on those who have the means to avoid your extortion, the more you will push them to circumvent your attempts.

© You keep making the mistaken ASSUMPTION that anyone OWES YOU OR ANYONE ELSE their property. You are upset that they hold their assets and don't "share". Why do they have an obligation to spend anything? Oh, if they spend they generate commerce. Commerce is taxed money-in and money-out. Payroll taxes on individual income, savings income, property taxes......ad nauseum.

Once the money is earned, it shouldn't be taxed again. And inheritance taxes are among the most egregious insults.

(D) And neither does a "poor" person. In fact, the poor person is more likely to buy their clothes FROM CAMBODIA, VIET NAM, CHINA, SRI LANKA.........because Walmart is their friend.

(E) You are absolutely free to give as many of your own bucks to a "bum" as you wish. Please let me know how much you feel better for the economy for your effort. I'm the last person to interfere with your choice of what you do with YOUR money. Though, giving money to a bum, by most definitions, is mostly enabling. How about giving him a job painting your house, washing your car, walking your dog......or accept the fact that "bums" are self-employed and they "work" at getting the community to provide their support.

• Like 1

Let's try this format:

(A) What? Nancy Pelosi? Enough believe her to keep her in office.

(B) Why is the Caymans an issue? Oh, people are motivated to employ techniques to limit their tax obligations by finding "LEGAL" shelters. Perhaps re-examining the tax code will reveal ways to make keeping cash in the US more practical and less heavily penalized. People like you have pushed cash off-shore. You are the one who has made those techniques necessary and attractive. All because you think you have a right to others property. The paper equivalent of their exchange of their life's labor compensation. Take cash out of the picture. Barter, and sweat equity for sweat equity, is impossible to transfer to others. You have to sweat to provide a product/service for another to surrender their own sweat equity. The government and your ilk hate this. Because, it doesn't use "Federal Reserve Notes" or the country's fiat currency. It circumvents the banks and their manipulations and tracking. The IRS is frustrated by their inability to confiscate value to be distributed to non-participatory individuals.

The more you lean on those who have the means to avoid your extortion, the more you will push them to circumvent your attempts.

© You keep making the mistaken ASSUMPTION that anyone OWES YOU OR ANYONE ELSE their property. You are upset that they hold their assets and don't "share". Why do they have an obligation to spend anything? Oh, if they spend they generate commerce. Commerce is taxed money-in and money-out. Payroll taxes on individual income, savings income, property taxes......ad nauseum.

Once the money is earned, it shouldn't be taxed again. And inheritance taxes are among the most egregious insults.

(D) And neither does a "poor" person. In fact, the poor person is more likely to buy their clothes FROM CAMBODIA, VIET NAM, CHINA, SRI LANKA.........because Walmart is their friend.

(E) You are absolutely free to give as many of your own bucks to a "bum" as you wish. Please let me know how much you feel better for the economy for your effort. I'm the last person to interfere with your choice of what you do with YOUR money. Though, giving money to a bum, by most definitions, is mostly enabling. How about giving him a job painting your house, washing your car, walking your dog......or accept the fact that "bums" are self-employed and they "work" at getting the community to provide their support.

a) I don't care about her

b) People move cash offshore because they can. Lower the rate and they will still do it. Your being nothing but an apologist for them.

c) I didn't make any mistake. You fail to recognize that there are costs to living in a civil society. That's your mistake. People like you want the benefits of society but not the costs. Go be rich in Mexico and find yourself needing those concealed weapons and day dreams of constant active shooters.

d) Hey, we in the UAW, at least us liberals try to get people to buy American.

e) Demand side economics isn't about feelings which separates it from supply side. Your money, their job, all this other stuff other than economic theory. All about your feelings, nothing more than feelings.

a) I don't care about her

b) People move cash offshore because they can. Lower the rate and they will still do it. Your being nothing but an apologist for them.

c) I didn't make any mistake. You fail to recognize that there are costs to living in a civil society. That's your mistake. People like you want the benefits of society but not the costs. Go be rich in Mexico and find yourself needing those concealed weapons and day dreams of constant active shooters.

d) Hey, we in the UAW, at least us liberals try to get people to buy American.

e) Demand side economics isn't about feelings which separates it from supply side. Your money, their job, all this other stuff other than economic theory. All about your feelings, nothing more than feelings.

(E) No it's about opinions. Every bit of what we are doing here. Opinions. Clearly, faced with facts, there have been no changes of position. Including you. Not for lack of evidence presented.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I brought this thread back Nick, I apologize.....but I did it for a reason.

For Mr Cap and all of you others who have listened incessantly to those who want you to drink the Keynisian Koolaid, I offer you this-----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XbG6aIUlog and there are so many more too, but I think this is an excellent start for Mr Cap and friends.

I was going to put in the depression of 1920 too, but I was afraid many of you had never even known there was one. Funny, when things go terribly economically, but policies exactly opposite of Mr Keynes would suggest are employed and they work out beautifully, they are either re-wriiten, or expunged from civil discourse.

Mr Cap, you amongst all others must spend the 30 minutes to watch this. It not only cements your believes, it gives imperical proof these keynsian koolaiders have no idea about anything, (kinda like their MMGW experts) their predictions were bassackwards, and the next time one of these world famous posters on here who promote Mr Keynes theories pipe in, not only will you not respond and roll your eyes, you will probably laugh at them, along with everyone else too!

We have school principals AND teachers with PhDs, too...... I wonder how much money they owe. lol

A PhD is nothing but an ego booster..... My sister-in-law has one, and she is not more intelligent vs. a person without one!

No, a PHD is necessary in this country if:

A.) You want to teach at the university level

B.) You want to conduct real scientific research that is taken seriously (peer-reviewed)

If you got a PHD and don't do one of the above, it probably was for EGO, because it is an excruciating hell getting one. A PHD is at least a decade of education outside of high school. It's quite a commitment in time and money.

Now there are a lot of EGO-boosted PHD types out there, but there are many ego-boosted types everywhere. Ever worked with an engineer that has over 10 years experience? How about a programmer?

Edited by the_spaniard

Sorry I brought this thread back Nick, I apologize.....but I did it for a reason.

For Mr Cap and all of you others who have listened incessantly to those who want you to drink the Keynisian Koolaid, I offer you this-----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XbG6aIUlog and there are so many more too, but I think this is an excellent start for Mr Cap and friends.

I was going to put in the depression of 1920 too, but I was afraid many of you had never even known there was one. Funny, when things go terribly economically, but policies exactly opposite of Mr Keynes would suggest are employed and they work out beautifully, they are either re-wriiten, or expunged from civil discourse.

Mr Cap, you amongst all others must spend the 30 minutes to watch this. It not only cements your believes, it gives imperical proof these keynsian koolaiders have no idea about anything, (kinda like their MMGW experts) their predictions were bassackwards, and the next time one of these world famous posters on here who promote Mr Keynes theories pipe in, not only will you not respond and roll your eyes, you will probably laugh at them, along with everyone else too!

I have heard of him before through RP.

The 1920 depression is a perfect example, but like you said not many even know about it.

I watched one with him breaking down the Great Depression(and what really happened) but can't find it. It was really good and I'll have to try and find it.

Here is a good one explaining sound money. About 18 minute mark is a good explanation on the free market setting interest rates instead of the FED.

Smashing Myths and Restoring Sound Money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAzExlEsIKk

Edited by fmccap

The 1920 depression is a perfect example, but like you said not many even know about it.

I watched one with him breaking down the Great Depression(and what really happened) but can't find it. It was really good and I'll have to try and find it.

Here is a good one explaining sound money. About 18 minute mark is a good explanation on the free market setting interest rates instead of the FED.

Watched it earlier Mr Cap, but thnks for the heads up. I was most interested in the 1920 depression we never hear about; I found that one too. I didn't post it as I was afraid nobody would know what I was talking about, so stuck with the one I did.

For me, it cements what many of us have said before, and my favorite saying that "history teaches all things," but I had to add a caveat to mine------------> unless progressives have re-written history to make it fit their economic nonsense; or if they ignore it totally, hoping that everyone will miss it.

I would like to remind every conservative/libertarian on this board, that the only tax cut person who is NOT vilified by progressives on this, or any other public forum, is JFK. I would also like to remind all of you that we championed his tax cuts, even if it was post mortem for the younger people who were not alive when these events took place.

Also, I would like to point out, that conservatives/libertarians/progressives/democrats lambasted GW for his excessive spending. His spending was over the top; and when I say spending, I am talking about spending that could not be easily reversed.

And then we have Obama who is far worse than Bush. He spends money that our grandchildrens children have not yet earned. And yet, all of the sudden, you only have conservatives/libertarians/and a few rinos objecting. The inconsistent argument of the left should leave us breathless, if not laughing. In fact, the Keynisian Kooladers promote this kind of spending if we are entering recession. GW was hosed with 9/11 and spent the Keynisian Koolaiders idea, then Obysmal double, tripled, hell quadrupled down. Bush was bad, Obysmal good! Go figure the inconsistencies of progressive logic, but at least we conservatives/libertarians had the correct idea.....they both sucked!

If we are logical, we need to show that GW was no/little better than Obysmal, then make people like LH defend them both, since they are both incompetent while handling things almost alike. (hey, war is bad? We are still there. yes? Guitmo is bad, still open, isn't it? Spending is bad, who spent the most?) We do NOT have to defend GW in the context of what he did, but rather the context of what Al Gore said he would do. That is a completely different argument.

Defending conservative/libertarian policies is a much better road, then defending rinos in office. Rinos are just closet progressives who want to control the system for their own benefit.

Watched it earlier Mr Cap, but thnks for the heads up. I was most interested in the 1920 depression we never hear about; I found that one too. I didn't post it as I was afraid nobody would know what I was talking about, so stuck with the one I did.

For me, it cements what many of us have said before, and my favorite saying that "history teaches all things," but I had to add a caveat to mine------------> unless progressives have re-written history to make it fit their economic nonsense; or if they ignore it totally, hoping that everyone will miss it.

I would like to remind every conservative/libertarian on this board, that the only tax cut person who is NOT vilified by progressives on this, or any other public forum, is JFK. I would also like to remind all of you that we championed his tax cuts, even if it was post mortem for the younger people who were not alive when these events took place.

Also, I would like to point out, that conservatives/libertarians/progressives/democrats lambasted GW for his excessive spending. His spending was over the top; and when I say spending, I am talking about spending that could not be easily reversed.

And then we have Obama who is far worse than Bush. He spends money that our grandchildrens children have not yet earned. And yet, all of the sudden, you only have conservatives/libertarians/and a few rinos objecting. The inconsistent argument of the left should leave us breathless, if not laughing. In fact, the Keynisian Kooladers promote this kind of spending if we are entering recession. GW was hosed with 9/11 and spent the Keynisian Koolaiders idea, then Obysmal double, tripled, hell quadrupled down. Bush was bad, Obysmal good! Go figure the inconsistencies of progressive logic, but at least we conservatives/libertarians had the correct idea.....they both sucked!

If we are logical, we need to show that GW was no/little better than Obysmal, then make people like LH defend them both, since they are both incompetent while handling things almost alike. (hey, war is bad? We are still there. yes? Guitmo is bad, still open, isn't it? Spending is bad, who spent the most?) We do NOT have to defend GW in the context of what he did, but rather the context of what Al Gore said he would do. That is a completely different argument.

Defending conservative/libertarian policies is a much better road, then defending rinos in office. Rinos are just closet progressives who want to control the system for their own benefit.

That is why I laugh when LH and his "side" resort to Bush did it so it's OK. Well truth is Obama for some things is doing it worse than Bush.

The best part is they say Bush was bad and evil yet their guy is doing the same things. They didn't like Bush yet their guy is doing the same things and he is great. Makes you wonder what the hell is going on in that brain.

That is why I laugh when LH and his "side" resort to Bush did it so it's OK. Well truth is Obama for some things is doing it worse than Bush.

The best part is they say Bush was bad and evil yet their guy is doing the same things. They didn't like Bush yet their guy is doing the same things and he is great. Makes you wonder what the hell is going on in that brain.

Bush was evil not for spending money, but for what he was wasting it on. Deficit spending is not a bad thing, it's a matter of policy choices that determines whether it's a useful thing or a fucking waste like Bush's.

So you laugh because you're flawed.

Wow, well that video sure surprised me. I didn't expect you to post a video from a League of the South founder. Guess you're done hiding your feelings about things and willing to go all in with white supremacists and secessionists.