Obamacare-Because this needs it's own thread

Looking back, there really wasn't a thread dedicated to the atrocity of Obamacare. So, here it is.

And to get this party started we present this inaugural classic. Certain to be a hallmark.

Pay particular attention to the last sentence.

Is he talking about "my" cellphone bill or "their" cellphone bill?

And I guess 50 people WOULD be a lot!

Obama: Martin Luther King Jr. would have liked Obamacare

President Obama signaled in an exclusive interview with radio hosts Tom Joyner and Sybil Wilkes that Martin Luther King Jr. would have liked his health care plan for Americans.

Obama spoke to the pair in the Oval Office to recognize the 50th anniversary of King’s March on Washington.

“What do you think he’d say about Obamacare?” asked Joyner, when discussing King’s legacy.

“Oh he’d like that,” Obama asserted. “Well, because he understood that health care, health security is not a privilege, it’s something in a county as wealthy as ours, everybody should have access to.”

Obama reminded the pair that it was important for everyone to sign up for Obamacare on healthcare.gov.

"We were just talking with some folks earlier about the fact that, for a lot of people, it will be cheaper than your cell phone bill," Obama explained.

• Like 1

Ok...here we go again...another delay...

ObamaCare faces another delay, lawmaker calls implementation ‘train wreck’

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/28/obamacare-faces-another-delay-lawmaker-calls-implementation-train-wreck/#ixzz2dK0NUB56

Don't antagonize Aces, Langston, Phil or Edstock with reports from FoxNews.

They won't read it unless someone else parses and ridicules it first.

As a matter of fact, maybe you should. Rachel Maddow needs the viewers.

• Like 1

More healthcare savings.......

Obama's Affordable Care Act Looking a Bit Unaffordable

..............For the vast majority of Americans, premium prices will be higher in the individual exchange than what they're currently paying for employer-sponsored benefits, according to a National Journal analysis of new coverage and cost data. Adding even more out-of-pocket expenses to consumers' monthly insurance bills is a swell in deductibles under the Affordable Care Act......

http://www.nationaljournal.com/domesticpolicy/obama-s-affordable-care-act-looking-a-bit-unaffordable-20130829

• Like 1

Don't antagonize Aces, Langston, Phil or Edstock with reports from FoxNews.

They won't read it unless someone else parses and ridicules it first.

As a matter of fact, maybe you should. Rachel Maddow needs the viewers.

It's all about the legwork. Why bother reading it when we can read what it purposely covered incorrectly and with intentional bias a few days later. And somewhere out there is some seriously overworked people getting paid to find all the bullshit lies Faux puts in their stories so why should i do that for free?

Perhaps if you tested their views before they got posted. Never mind, I've seen how hard you test your own.

In Canada, government health care is dangerous to your health. You, the customer, do not matter because you do not pay directly. You will be treated with distain, suspicion, no sympathy for your disease or injury. I saw pre-Obamacare service and it was like another world compared to Canada. My wife received prompt courteous service in a clean cheery environment. The only laugh was when I said that their system was better, and the doctor disagreed. Our health care system is a disease-ridden incompetence-driven money sucking cancer on the country. Thousands are dying from diseases they catch in the hospitals. It is reported matter-of-factly like "Isn't that normal?" It is like a religion to the sheep who were all in favor of placing their lives in the hands of government. Now the baby boomer bubble is fast approaching high medical maintenance. How will they decide who lives or dies? If you are not a Liberal, you will be at the back of the queue for that transplant, I'll bet. Of course they will send you to the U.S. for the surgery. I know hospitals that are commonly referred to as death traps or Hell holes. Some small communities do not even have doctors, and those that do have emergency service on an intermittent basis. If you need to see the doctor in Canada, that is your whole day shot, and 90% of the time you will be no better off for it, and more than likely worse off. I avoid it like the plague because it is like a plague.

Edited by Trimdingman
  • Like 1

This has got to hurt.

Citing Obamacare, 40,000 Longshoremen Quit the AFL-CIO

The Longshoreman leader said, "President Obama ran on a platform that he would not tax medical plans and at the 2009 AFL-CIO Convention, you stated that labor would not stand for a tax on our benefits." But, regardless of that promise, the President has pushed for just such a tax and Trumka and the AFL-CIO bowed to political pressure lining up behind Obama's tax on those plans.

One ILWU committeeman was even harsher on both the AFL-CIO and the President. ILWU Coast Committeeman Leal Sundet criticized the AFL-CIO telling LaborNotes.com that Trumka was marching "in lockstep" with Obama both on the "Cadillac healthcare tax" as well as immigration.
  • Like 1

Actually Obama care wasn't the main reason they are dropping out of the AFL-CIO, read the letter sent to the AFL-CIO president.

http://www.longshoreshippingnews.com/2013/08/ilwu-disafilliates-from-afl-cio/

Never said it was.

But, AFL-CIO has got to hate it that 40,000 members walked out on their representation. And the credibility the AFL-CIO lost along the way.

The Obama name isn't enough anymore.

Never said it was.

But, AFL-CIO has got to hate it that 40,000 members walked out on their representation. And the credibility the AFL-CIO lost along the way.

The Obama name isn't enough anymore.

Actually you did say it was by the way you worded your link. I don't think the AFL-CIO is going to lose any sleep over this,hell the UAW quit them before and now they are back.

Actually Obama care wasn't the main reason they are dropping out of the AFL-CIO, read the letter sent to the AFL-CIO president.

Reading the letter makes it clear that the ILWU believes the AFL CIO isn't too liberal, it's not liberal enough for the ILWU members.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow
  • Like 1

You posted it.
Citing my sources.

Damn! If you'd read the article you wouldn't need to put up this B.S. post about words that are not mine.

Do I need to hold you hand as I explain the difference. I did not post the entire article outside of a quote box as another did. The purpose of a quote box is to have signified a quote from the different speaker.

You can't be THAT slow on the uptake. OR I could be wrong about you.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany
  • Like 1

Citing my sources.

Damn! If you'd read the article you wouldn't need to put up this B.S. post about words that are not mine.

Do I need to hold you hand as I explain the difference. I did not post the entire article outside of a quote box as another did. The purpose of a quote box is to have signified a quote from the different speaker.

rn is learning disabled.....

Citing my sources.

Touchy aren't you.

Perhaps not the main reason but one of them.

Its poetic justice when the people that support these idiots are in turn the ones affected by "deal" making that back fires.

I doubt Mr.Trumka will be skipping any meals and he like many in the international union & politicians will have their health care package regardless of what happens to the rank and file or public.

The loss of dues or dues paying members is the only thing unions care about. If they can legalize 30 or 40 million illegal workers AND have them pay some form of dues they are all in.

Cut / paste:

The ILWU has also become increasingly frustrated with the Federation’s moderate, overly compromising policy positions on such important matters as immigration, labor law reform, health care reform, and international labor issues. We feel the Federation has done a great disservice to the labor movement and all working people by going along to get along. The Federation has not stood its ground on issues that are most important to our members. President Obama ran on a platform that he would not tax medical plans and at the 2009 AFL-CIO Convention, you stated that labor would not stand for a tax on our benefits. Yet the Federation later lobbied affiliates to support a bill that taxed our health care plans.

• Like 1

Big Blue dumps 110,000 retirees from their healthcare plans.

Is Blue Oval far behind?

Waiting for the shoe to drop from UAW.

Citing costs, IBM to move retirees off health plan
International Business Machines Corp. plans to move about 110,000 retirees off its company-sponsored health plan and instead give them a payment to buy coverage on a health-insurance exchange, in a sign that even big, well-capitalized employers aren't likely to keep providing the once-common benefits as medical costs continue to rise.

The move, which will affect all IBM retirees once they become eligible for Medicare, will relieve the technology company of the responsibility of managing retirement health-care benefits. IBM said the growing cost of care makes its current plan unsustainable without big premium increases.

IBM's shift is an indication that health-insurance marketplaces, similar to the public exchanges proposed under President Barack Obama's health-care overhaul, will play a bigger role as companies move coverage down the path taken by many pensions, paying employees and retirees a fixed sum to manage their own care.

• Like 1