2005 Focus ZX4 Rear Brakes

bobbyd

I had the front disc brakes/pads/resurfaced rotors done this week for $248! Are the rear brakes disc or drum....anyone know the cost? I read that front brakes take 70% of the braking. Do I really need to worry about the rear brakes if I only drive this car 200 miles a MONTH? I'm retired!

If you have ABS they're discs, otherwise they're drums. They normally wear out much slower than the fronts but the only way to be sure is to check it or have it checked. If there are no problems and you have pad or shoe material remaining you're ok.

If you have ABS they're discs, otherwise they're drums. They normally wear out much slower than the fronts but the only way to be sure is to check it or have it checked. If there are no problems and you have pad or shoe material remaining you're ok.

thanx!

I have a 2005 ZX4 with ABS,, it has rear drum brakes. I did a brake service on it at 50,000miles and replaced the front pads and rotors myself. The rear DRUM brakes had plenty of meat left on the shoes so I did not replace them.

I bought my son a 2005 ZX3 and I thought discs came standard with the ABS option. I guess that was only on the ST.

I had the dealer check my rear brake shoes on my 2002 ZX5 the last time I got new front pads. They were fine. At 164,000 miles the front pads and rotors have been replaced twice. It kind of amazes me the original rear shoes are still going strong.

I'd kind of like to get a new car (probably an Escape) but I doubt I could get anything that would be so nearly trouble free. As an example, My experience in the past has convinced me that A/C was the most trouble prone system in any car. The only problem I've had with the A/C was this year - a leak in the condenser.