US Chevy Trailblazer may return.

Fgts

The idea is nice: A 5/7 passenger BOF "real" SUV that will ideally out-tow the Traverse. Would be useful in some regions. But it seems to me the Tahoe is very appealing and the Traverse gets it done for the soccer-mom crowd, based on what I observe in the greater Sacramento region.

If this thing is "body on frame" based...my guess it will most likely fly under a Tahoe banner....get over it folks, B.O.F. construction is a dying platform for cars, vans and utilities...will light duty trucks be far behind?? Transit full size is an example of what a commercial type vehicle in unibody construction will be like....Tradesman full size vans that Dodge made for years were also unibody construction....originally replaced by the Daimler built Sprinter...soon to be returning as a Fiat built Promaster...(for what its worth...I think Tradesman SHOULD be on the RAM full size van)

The idea is nice: A 5/7 passenger BOF "real" SUV that will ideally out-tow the Traverse. Would be useful in some regions. But it seems to me the Tahoe is very appealing and the Traverse gets it done for the soccer-mom crowd, based on what I observe in the greater Sacramento region.

Tahoe's appealing, but it's $42K+ to get into one.

If this thing is "body on frame" based...my guess it will most likely fly under a Tahoe banner....get over it folks, B.O.F. construction is a dying platform for cars, vans and utilities...will light duty trucks be far behind??

Honda has already proven with the Ridgeline that you can build a light duty truck that is just as tough and capable as an F-150 on a unibody FWD platform... Right? Ironically the Ridgeline fuel economy is about the same as an F-150 so I am still trying to figure out why it's design was superior to a traditional BOF full sized pickup.

Edited by 2005Explorer
  • Like 1

Honda has already proven with the Ridgeline that you can build a light duty truck that is just as tough and capable as an F-150 on a unibody FWD platform... Right? Ironically the Ridgeline fuel economy is about the same as an F-150 so I am still trying to figure out why it's design was superior to a traditional BOF full sized pickup.

Hondas' Ridgeline is a failure due to it being based on a car chassis while trying to be passed off as a truck....if Ford creates their own version of a unibody based truck, they would use the Transit full size chassis for true truck performance in a lighter duty guise....

Took me a while to understand your first sentence... then I realized you were being cynical.