Last week I overheard a conversation between an outside contractor and my boss. The contractor said he had just paid ten grand for a 2003? Vic that was 1 of 400 produced with a factory Cobra engine. He showed an exterior pic on his phone that appeared to be any other standard P74 designation in black.

I know about the '03-'04 Marauder and I read just about everything I came across on performance Fords back then and I've still never heard of this unicorn. Does anyone know anything about such a creature actually being produced or is it just a sucker's claim to justify spending too much for a used car?

It it came from the factory it was a special police interceptor version.

Then again, unless it came with factory paperwork I'd be mighty skeptical that it was a factory version.

I'd be highly skeptical it even has a 4.6 DOHC without a picture of the engine bay. :hysterical:

That part would be pretty hard to fake though. As opposed to whether it was a factory job or an aftermarket mod.

Wouldn't be hard to fake at all if the guy doesn't know a thing about cars.

Seller: "Yeah, that's a Cobra engine."

Buyer: "Are you sure?"

Seller: "Yup."

Buyer: "Where do I sign?!"

Wouldn't be hard to fake at all if the guy doesn't know a thing about cars.

Seller: "Yeah, that's a Cobra engine."

Buyer: "Are you sure?"

Seller: "Yup."

Buyer: "Where do I sign?!"

Ok, you got me there. I meant having someone check it who knew what they were looking at.

Pretty much what I figured. I saw the only photo he had, which wasn't with the hood up. I've seen way too many idiots/liars in the Mustang world over the years to believe anything said unless I see it. I was 90% sure it was a crap claim before. Although, he did buy it on the internet, and everybody knows they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.