Ford Motor Company June 2013 Sales

Solid!

Fiesta sure took a leap up! Great month for Edge too. Good to see considering the age of both products.

F-series continues to dominate despite the much newer offerings from competitors also.

MKZ looks to be normalizing, which is fine if it continues to hang around 3000 or so. Surprised to be reminded that it had sold so well as recently as June of last year. Suppose the MKZ was never really the real trouble spot for Lincoln though. They need another "volume" model to finally get overall brand sales up. MKZ can only do so much on its own.

I wonder if Ford is trying to clear out the 2013 Fiestas to make way for the 2014 models, which feature several improvements. Based on the minor changes to the grille and wheels, I'd wait for the 2014 model.

The new Escapes are literally everywhere. The only other refreshed/all-new model that has gained such immediate acceptance around here is the 2013 Honda Accord.

Edited by grbeck

no surprising blemishes.

I think that's the key takeaway from the past several months. Ford (at least NA) is operating as a cohesive unit with a full line of vehicles that compliment each other well, with no glaring weaknesses in the lineup (of course, save for the legacy Lincoln vehicles).

I wonder if Ford is trying to clear out the 2013 Fiestas to make way for the 2014 models, which feature several improvements. Based on the minor changes to the grille and wheels, I'd wait for the 2014 model.

Ford stated that that the sales ratio of 13 to 14 ran 60% to 40%. So a ;good part of the numbers are 14s

Another very solid month. I'll be very interested to see if MKZ and MKX sales can hold until the MKC comes on...because the other models aren't doing much at all. The recent F-series sales are kinda mindblowing, especially for the last model year before a major redo.

But wasn't the new Escape supposed to "bomb"? Since it "looks too foreign"? Or that Ford should have kept making the old one "forever"?

When the 2008 came out, all the hand wringing was "It has the same greenhouse". Then this generation was "OMG too new!" "Ford should never change anything!"

Reality is buyers want fresh products, and don't just care about styling gimmicks as 1950's/70's.

And another 'doom' prediction debunked, wasn't Ford supposed to 'lose $' when the Panthers were dropped, since they " were paid off and are pure profit"? There are no more 'loyal' BOF/RWD car buyers, most seniors are now in Escapes, Explorers, Fusions, or Focuses. The die hard Grand Marquis 'gotta have RWD, velour, and RWD' drivers from 1988 are now up with St. Peter.

Edited by 630land

Here is a transcript for the cc:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-motors-management-presents-june-170902248.html

There are a few small typos, but generally the transcript is exact.

As a shareholder, I couldn't be much happier with this June report and CC. Basically, Ford is selling a ton (and growing for the foreseeable future) of their biggest selling, most profitable volume vehicle (F-150), is pretty much selling as much of everything as it can produce, is winning market share at an accelerated pace and is making huge inroads into the markets on both coasts.

If we get any sign that Europe has stabilized and will improve going forward, the stock is going to ramp.

I'm actually thinking a dividend bump may be in the cards soon.

It's a good time to own Ford stock!

• Like 1

Another strong month. F sales continue to amaze me. Fiesta with a big month for what ever reason. They are starting to nip at GMs heels on total sales. What ever bad press they have been getting sure didnt hurt the sales thats for sure.

So when are the new Expedition and Navigator coming? This is one area that GM consistently wipes the floor against Ford. But note the trend lines: GM sales are down about 20% while Ford sales are flat. Not sure what to make of that...

Tahoe 5,790 -9.9%
Suburban 3,813 -25.8%
Expedition 3,211 -4.5%
Yukon XL 1,824 -22.2%
Yukon 1,797 -21.1%
SEQUOIA 1,145 +8.8%
Armada 1,137 -35.5%

Escalade 1,035 -11.1%
GX 884 +13.6%
Navigator 680 +10.2%
Escalade ESV 667 +1.4%
LX 291 ‐7.3%
LAND CRUISER 259 ‐8.5%
G-CLASS 231 +362.0%

Edited by bzcat

Jeez...I say ax the Navigator all together, maybe take Expy a little more upscale. Otoh I don't think either one needs to hang around. At least not at those volumes and I'm not sure a refresh will make any difference.

CAFE will probably take care of it anyways.

Edited by twmalonehunter

Jeez...I say ax the Navigator all together, maybe take Expy a little more upscale. Otoh I don't think either one needs to hang around. At least not at those volumes and I'm not sure a refresh will make any difference.

CAFE will probably take care of it anyways.

With both of them built off of the next F150 platform, they will lose weight, gain luxury, become more efficient, and give buyers something "new" to look at in the class. The Expy hasn't been touched since '07, and is getting really long in the tooth. The redesign will bring both back to the top, assuming the Navi does come back.

Another strong month. F sales continue to amaze me. Fiesta with a big month for what ever reason. They are starting to nip at GMs heels on total sales. What ever bad press they have been getting sure didnt hurt the sales thats for sure.

I was puzzled to see the Cruze outselling the Focus by almost 10000 units in June! I then read today's article in Truecar about how Chevrolet dealers were giving $99 a month lease specials on the Cruze through June! It seems they are doing something similar with the Volt...this in turn boosts sales by 50%.

MKZ looks to be normalizing, which is fine if it continues to hang around 3000 or so. Surprised to be reminded that it had sold so well as recently as June of last year. Suppose the MKZ was never really the real trouble spot for Lincoln though. They need another "volume" model to finally get overall brand sales up. MKZ can only do so much on its own.

IIRC, that was about the time Lincoln started offering really sweet deals on the '12 MKZs, presumably to clear the lots for the expected influx of '13s.

So when are the new Expedition and Navigator coming? This is one area that GM consistently wipes the floor against Ford. But note the trend lines: GM sales are down about 20% while Ford sales are flat. Not sure what to make of that...

Tahoe 5,790 -9.9%

Suburban 3,813 -25.8%

Expedition 3,211 -4.5%

Yukon XL 1,824 -22.2%

Yukon 1,797 -21.1%

SEQUOIA 1,145 +8.8%

Armada 1,137 -35.5%

Escalade 1,035 -11.1%

GX 884 +13.6%

Navigator 680 +10.2%

Escalade ESV 667 +1.4%

LX 291 ‐7.3%

LAND CRUISER 259 ‐8.5%

G-CLASS 231 +362.0%

I would say the Navigator and those listed comptes more with the GL not the G, and its sales were up 24.8% (2,419) last month they are close to the same price point. The G starts at about $115,000.

If I was in that market for a SUV I wouldn't even consider a current Navigator, probably be a GL or LX.

SUV's are where the luxury market is going, The new MKC, MKX, and Navigator should do well if they have good designs. - that is what has been missing at Lincoln for a long time.