New sync update coming very soon?

I know sync my ride website is going to redirect you to a new page. It's supposed to merge all sync stuff to one website. I don't remember the exact information, but something about support and all sync related stuff will be on it. I know 3.6 is coming but haven't seen anything yet.

• 1 month later...
Update is due out the first week of July from what I heard elsewhere. I would say it's likely already hitting vehicles coming off the assembly line now.

First week of July came and left. Still waiting for 3.6 ... Based on this article it looks like it'll be August - which is right around the corner!

http://fordtechlane.com/new-myford-touch-upgrade-to-be-released-in-august-2013/

Edited by neod192

First week of July came and left. Still waiting for 3.6 ... Based on this article it looks like it'll be August - which is right around the corner!

http://fordtechlane.com/new-myford-touch-upgrade-to-be-released-in-august-2013/

My parents got a letter from Ford saying the updates will be out very soon....they have a '13 Escape Ti, I still haven't gotten anything myself and we bought our cars the same week.

Per the Ford IVT team:

~ Improved system performance

~ Improved Home Screen - Increased Touch Zones on Home Screen

~ Improved screen interactions while using voice

~ Updated support for phones and media players

~ Improvements to System Installation - Quicker install (< 30 minutes); Persistence of Navigation Favorites during installation.

Edited by blwnsmoke
  • Like 1

I rented a new Edge a couple of weeks ago, and MFT went through a couple of iterations of "performing maintenance" (paraphrasing), and rebooted.

I don't know if this was a satellite-based update (sort of like Windows Automatic Updates), but maybe this is how MFT updates happen?

As to Sync, I'd assume there'd be some sort of file you'd put on a flash drive and install via the usb port?

Edited by RangerM

It's like baking something: It's ready when it's ready.

And if you try to bake it at a higher temp to get it done quicker, you end up with MFT V1.

I rented a new Edge a couple of weeks ago, and MFT went through a couple of iterations of "performing maintenance" (paraphrasing), and rebooted.

I don't know if this was a satellite-based update (sort of like Windows Automatic Updates), but maybe this is how MFT updates happen?

As to Sync, I'd assume there'd be some sort of file you'd put on a flash drive and install via the usb port?

MFT updates happen the same way as Sync updates...with a flash drive in the usb port.

This is a BS message MFT gives rather than saying "My poor, tiny brain hurts because I can't handle all of this information, so I'm going to go to sleep for a while. I might wake up later."

• Like 1

How does this work with MFT with Nav owners? I thought I saw something that Ford sends you a new sd card with new maps to do the update with?

I was unable to do the last update using a thumb drive on my '13 Escape because of navigation. They sent me a new card, but I still had to go through the 40 minute, engine-on update. I don't know if this time will be the same or not as the letter I just got wasn't specific.

MFT keeps getting better incrementally, but there are certain facets of the system that still make me scream. For instance, when you're in an unfamiliar area and you're asking for a POI where there might be multiple locations (say a Panera Bread or Walmart) and -- assuming the rare case when MFT understands what you are requesting -- the results are given in list view with partial info and unfamiliar streets, and the system immediately barks at you to pick one. Borders on useless even if you have a copilot. Needs to be in map view with the capability to increase or decrease magnification to sort out which one to go to and the system should just shut up until you choose. Also, the definition of a POI "on the route" leaves a lot to be desired; the logic on my now ancient TomTom works much better and I used to carry it in the console as a backup for this kind of chore. Now, if I have the opportunity, I fire up my phone which gives better results -- but I don't do that unless I have a copilot or can pull over. I shouldn't have to do any of that if the system were up to snuff.

Voice recognition still sucks, but in fairness, I haven't gone through the enhanced recognition drill.

A new SD map card for Nav is only required if they change the file format to go along with the new software. If that's required they'll include a new SD map card. Otherwise the current one will continue to work fine.

Do u suppose my soon to be built 13 f-150 will have all of these up dates as I am not an electronic wizard, I do not have nav??

Any feedback on what they improved or fixed? My car is in the dealership getting the fuel sending unit fixed in the gas tank...so I can't update it..

I haven't had a lot of time with it yet, but one thing I noticed that I don't believe was there before is a Where Am I button on the services screen. I pressed it and it displayed my longitude and latitude. I do not have NAV. I'm not sure what function it serves, maybe it will help me next time I'm using my sextant.