Your Opinion Of Zimerman Now?

You reply make you appear naive or just stupid.

Both Zman AND Martin had the same legal right to occupy the same sidewalk / street as anyone else. Its what happens in that space that makes someone a victim or an assailant. You do realize that a 911 phone operator has no law enforcement authority or power to issue directives or directions? In this instance a lot of people are trying to blame the outcome of events on Zman but the evidence shows a different picture. Zman passed a lie detector test the day after the shooting, the lead detective testified he believes Zman's accounts of events. His physical injuries indicate an assault from someone.

Martin could have punched Zman in the face and ran away and been alive today and laughing his ass off. Instead he punched him then mounted him ( as testified) and its in this position he was shot and killed.

He was killed during an assault, no more or less.

Once again its hard to claim victim status if you are the one on top of another person and killed in that position.

Your assumptions are so wrong I hope you are naive vs stupid.

I guess I`m both. Thanks for your enlightenment. From Gods mouth through (your) lips. I apologize for by innocence and ignorance. True, the Sanford Police Department`s "Dispatcher" was not a "Sworn Law Enforcement Officer" and her (suggestion) for Zimmerman to await the Police Departments eminent arrival was simple a ill advised suggestion and not a direct Police Order. Thank you, I stand corrected.

Yes, the decision of Zimmerman following and making contact with Martin should play a part in the verdict. The altercation simply would not have occurred had Zimmerman followed instructions.

Just because you THINK something should be illegal doesn't make it illegal. Zimmerman did nothing illegal by following Trayvon even if it wasn't advisable and even if the 911 operator told him not to. That's simply not the way the law works - and a jury must uphold the law not their personal beliefs. Had Trayvon continued home instead of confronting Z-man nothing would have happened. Had he not started beating Z-man's head into the pavement nothing would have happened. You can't absolve Trayvon of any responsibility just because he ended up dead.

• Like 1

I know I should`nt even suggest another possible outcome, be it the Police Investigation or the present Trial had Zimmerman been the alleged (Suspect) and Trayvon Martin was the Neighborhoods Citizens Patrol person, was legally armed and the individual that initiated the shooting. I`m sure everything would have unfolded and proceeded in the same exact manner with similar Public judgement and opinion. You think?

• Like 1

Whew! A lot to address there.

To keep it narrowly focused, please cite the code in Sanford Florida empowering a 911 operator the authority and jurisdiction to compel anyone to obey their instructions and the criminal penalties for violating those instructions.

I'll wait here.

My Friend,

I admit, a Dispatcher working for the Sanford Police Department is (not) a sworn Law Enforcement Officer that can "Order" someone not to proceed and to get involved with the alleged "suspect: pending the Police`s arrival. Legally, on that (technicality) that might be in the Defense`s favor. Zimmerman did not see himself saving another human beings life nor saving someone from either bodily harm or property loss when he continued to stay involved. Someone who previously desired to become a Cop and never made it wanted to "take charge" and save the Homeowners Association from another Burglary or Home Invasion. A Black Teenager wearing a "hoodie" was enough probable cause to take charge rather then wait for the Police that were already on their way to the scene. Like he was recorded to have said, "they-them" always seem to get away with everything. Well he saw to it that (one) of "them" did`nt that night.

Guest General Mattis

Phil, there is no evidence that says Zimmerman stayed involved. However, there is evidence to show he gave up on his pursuit, and was waiting for the Police to arrive. This can be heard in the 911 tape. I suggest you actually listen / read it.

Furthermore, the 911 tape shows that Zimmerman only took charge when the 911 operator asked for more information. And like I said above, he retreated when then operator told him they didn't need him to.

That black teenager wearing a hoodie fit the description of the suspects who had been burglarizing the neighborhood. I wish Liberals would stop playing the race card, and start putting pressure on prominent black leaders to clean up the image of their youth. If you don't like the stereotype, then fix the stereotype.

Why is it if I showed up on your lawn in a white pointy hat and a bed sheet over you, you'd assume I'm a member of the KKK and a racist? But if a black youth walks around dressed like a thug, it's wrong for anyone to think he's a thug?

Have you forgotten that Martin has a history of doing illegal things? And in all likelihood was in the process of doing something wrong when Zimmerman spotted him?

I guess I`m both. Thanks for your enlightenment. From Gods mouth through (your) lips. I apologize for by innocence and ignorance. True, the Sanford Police Department`s "Dispatcher" was not a "Sworn Law Enforcement Officer" and her (suggestion) for Zimmerman to await the Police Departments eminent arrival was simple a ill advised suggestion and not a direct Police Order. Thank you, I stand corrected.

Sarcasm can be funny but in your case I feel its not sarcasm but ignorance or ignoring the facts and trying to be a wise ass about it.

Do you REALLY believe Martin would have been shot and killed if he walked or ran away? Some would like to frame this as such but that is not the case.

He was shot and killed while on top of Zman during an assault.

At least this is witness testimony and Zmans statement.

Had Zman shot Martin while on foot , walking or running away the chargers would be valid for Zman. Since he does have physical evidence , a witness ( from the state no less) to back up his statement and the lead detective it appears Martin was shot and killed during an assault , while on top of the victim of the assault.

Perhaps both men made less than ideal life decisions prior to their paths crossing but one of them had a licensed to carry firearm and however it happened Martins fatal mistake was not punching Zman, it was climbing on top of him and continuing the assault. This is the point any person involved changes from victim to assailant.

My Friend,

I admit, a Dispatcher working for the Sanford Police Department is (not) a sworn Law Enforcement Officer that can "Order" someone not to proceed and to get involved with the alleged "suspect: pending the Police`s arrival. Legally, on that (technicality) that might be in the Defense`s favor. Zimmerman did not see himself saving another human beings life nor saving someone from either bodily harm or property loss when he continued to stay involved. Someone who previously desired to become a Cop and never made it wanted to "take charge" and save the Homeowners Association from another Burglary or Home Invasion. A Black Teenager wearing a "hoodie" was enough probable cause to take charge rather then wait for the Police that were already on their way to the scene. Like he was recorded to have said, "they-them" always seem to get away with everything. Well he saw to it that (one) of "them" did`nt that night.

Why is it so hard to imagine Zimmerman walking up to Martin and asking who he was or where he was going? All Martin had to do was tell him his Dad was in unit ABCDA and was just heading home. Zimmerman likely would have accepted such an answer if no other concerns occurred. However, suppose the young man was in fact a suspicious character and whose story didn't add up. A watchman would reasonably be expected to collect all info possible to provide Sanford police. Speaking to the youth would have offered a non threatening opportunity to get eyes on for later i.d. if necessary.

What good is a neighborhood watchman if policy is for him to turn away and leave the scene if he sees anything suspicious. "Hello, non emergency? I am the neighborhood watchman and I just saw someone walking through the neighborhood. I don't know if I recognize him. I'm going the other way. I don't want to try to get a description, what he is doing or where he went. I just "need" to go the other way."

I suspect the young man took umbrage to what likely was a reasonable question from the neighborhood watch officer. Mouths ran faster than brains and it became a show of force. Fist and wrestling became head smashes from a younger stronger youth against a "doughboy".

Tragedy. But should we add more to it. And would Treyvon be resurrected if we lynched Zimmerman?

Edited by FiredMotorCompany
  • Like 1

Phil, there is no evidence that says Zimmerman stayed involved. However, there is evidence to show he gave up on his pursuit, and was waiting for the Police to arrive. This can be heard in the 911 tape. I suggest you actually listen / read it.

Furthermore, the 911 tape shows that Zimmerman only took charge when the 911 operator asked for more information. And like I said above, he retreated when then operator told him they didn't need him to.

That black teenager wearing a hoodie fit the description of the suspects who had been burglarizing the neighborhood. I wish Liberals would stop playing the race card, and start putting pressure on prominent black leaders to clean up the image of their youth. If you don't like the stereotype, then fix the stereotype.

Why is it if I showed up on your lawn in a white pointy hat and a bed sheet over you, you'd assume I'm a member of the KKK and a racist? But if a black youth walks around dressed like a thug, it's wrong for anyone to think he's a thug?

Have you forgotten that Martin has a history of doing illegal things? And in all likelihood was in the process of doing something wrong when Zimmerman spotted him?

Guest General Mattis

Something else that I believe is crucial to this case. George Zimmerman fired his weapon once. Had he been hell bent for vigilante justice, why would he only shoot his victim one time? Not a good idea to leave a living witness if you knowingly broke the law. Ask OJ Simpson. While that single shot was enough to kill him, it was possible that Martin could have survived long enough to tell a first responder what happened. Again, if George Zimmerman was the person the State, the Liberal media and Martin’s family portray him to be; wouldn’t he have done everything in his power to ensure no one would ever hear the kid’s side?

As well, according to the lead investigator (Chris Serino - who doesn’t understand why the case went to trial, and in all likelihood would not have gone to trial had a Grand Jury been convened), Zimmerman seemed relieved when Serino bluffed him into thinking there was video of the incident. This is my own personal opinion, but if I knowingly did something wrong, was lying to cover my tracks, then found out there was a video showing exactly what happened, relieved would not be the emotion I would be feeling.

"The fact that George Zimmerman said to you, 'Thank God. I hope somebody did videotape the event, the whole event.' His statement – what did that indicate to you?" defense attorney Mark O'Mara asked Monday.

I respect whatever your opinion is on the case. However, if you are going to form an opinion, and make it public, at least know the facts of it. Seeing Zimmerman haters rattle on about his guilt while having no clue about the evidence is sickening.

I will admit your comparison of a fellow wearing a White Robe an a Pointed Hat could be mistakenly assumed to be a Klansman just as a Person wearing a Brown Shirt with a Nazi Swastika sporting a Skin Head hair cut might be mistakenly assumed to be a Member of the Arian Nation Suprematist Group. A young African American wearing a "Hoodie" and wearing his Pants half way down his hips displaying his boxer shorts underwear might be mistakenly assumed to be a typical thug and Gang Banger. Add some "bling" and a sporting a Gold Tooth (grill) would help as well. Bring in the fact that Trayvon Martin had a (history) of doing illegal things and had a few blemishes on his school record makes him an assumed Felon? Yes, he was allegedly found with trace amounts of Marijuana in a paper bag previously as well. A person under 20 having smoked Marijuana, oh my! I`m sure you never took a inhale of the forbidden weed or inhaled a bit of Hashish. I am old enough to have gone to Woodstock in the late 60`s and I did a hell of a lot more then that an I turned out ok, the point is? The African American Community does need to take a lot more responsibility for many things including more of their Men being Fathers, absent or not, instead of simply proving their Manhood by being Breeders and playing "hit & run" and letting Mom, Auntie, Grandma, etc raise their Kids. On the other hand, Caucasians certainly can`t say that they get a (pass) when Honey Boo Boo and her "Family" are shown to be Celebrities of Deep Southern Culture!

• Like 1

I will admit your comparison of a fellow wearing a White Robe an a Pointed Hat could be mistakenly assumed to be a Klansman just as a Person wearing a Brown Shirt with a Nazi Swastika sporting a Skin Head hair cut might be mistakenly assumed to be a Member of the Arian Nation Suprematist Group. A young African American wearing a "Hoodie" and wearing his Pants half way down his hips displaying his boxer shorts underwear might be mistakenly assumed to be a typical thug and Gang Banger. Add some "bling" and a sporting a Gold Tooth (grill) would help as well. Bring in the fact that Trayvon Martin had a (history) of doing illegal things and had a few blemishes on his school record makes him an assumed Felon? Yes, he was allegedly found with trace amounts of Marijuana in a paper bag previously as well. A person under 20 having smoked Marijuana, oh my! I`m sure you never took a inhale of the forbidden weed or inhaled a bit of Hashish. I am old enough to have gone to Woodstock in the late 60`s and I did a hell of a lot more then that an I turned out ok, the point is? The African American Community does need to take a lot more responsibility for many things including more of their Men being Fathers, absent or not, instead of simply proving their Manhood by being Breeders and playing "hit & run" and letting Mom, Auntie, Grandma, etc raise their Kids. On the other hand, Caucasians certainly can`t say that they get a (pass) when Honey Boo Boo and her "Family" are shown to be Celebrities of Deep Southern Culture!

Honey Boo Boo's family tree doesn't have enough branches.

Guest General Mattis

I’ve never watched Honey Boo Boo, and only know the reference from a limited amount of times they have been talked about in other venues. However, I don’t think they represent deep southern culture any more than Jersey Shore represented Italian culture. It’s my believe that Swamp People and more importantly, Duck Dynasty, represent the South a little better. But there are people who want DD off the air because they talk about God too much, then turn around and promote a no talent whore who got urinated on in a home video. I guess there were people who weren’t too fond of the way Elvis Presley stood on stage and shook his hips, but I really think we as a society are headed in the wrong direction. And I think the Entertainment Industry is leading the way.

While it may seem unfair, we all judge people based upon their appearances. If you were walking through the mall, and a man who looked like he lived on the street tried stopping you to ask for change to make a phone call, you’d ignore him and keep walking. If that same man, now dressed in a tailored suit did the same, you’d happily help out. You cannot go out dressed like a thug, and then get upset when you are treated like one.

The black culture needs to stop blaming others for their failures and setbacks. They need to look in the mirror, evaluate what isn’t working and what needs to get better, and set out to fix it themselves. But when most kids grow up without a father, and see little Wayne, or Chris Brown as role models, there is no possible way things will get better. It’s made worse when there have been blacks that have succeeded outside the entertainment world; they get called sell outs and Uncle Tom’s. And when a black man gets elected President (I’d like to see that happen in Mexico, Asian, Russia, etc) what they get is a man who only fuels the fire. Obama did more harm in automatically blaming the Cambridge Police, and saying Trayvon looked like his son, then any KKK member ever could. He justified the actions of two men who when questioned by authority, acted illegally. He helped put a chip on every black kids’ shoulder. It gave them the belief they can do no harm. Even if they are wrong, they can scream racism, and it will all go away.

Trayvon Martin was well on his way to being a full-fledged thug (much like his gang member father). And while that in of itself did not give George Zimmerman the right to shoot him, the moment Martin laid hands on Zimmerman to up his status with his thug buddies back home, it did. No_limit_nigga learned a lesson the hard way. It’s just a shame the President of the United States did not use that example to implore kids like Martin to clean their act up. Instead, he gave them a reason to stay the way they are

• Like 1

Guest General Mattis
After they convinced 12 people that LAPD wasn't beating Rodney King it was obvious that anything could happen, even something as dumb as returning a not guilty verdict for OJ.

You mean the Rodney King who was driving while intoxicate at extremely high speeds in order to avoid having his parole violated if caught and sent back to prison? The one who failed to listen to police commands (hmm, funny, I keep reading on MSNBC that not listening to Police commands makes you guilty) and lunged at while they were trying to arrest him? The other two passengers in the car with King both obeyed commands and were arrested without incident.

The media showed you a small glimpse of the entire video, but unlike today when we have the internet and the ability to research our own stuff, or the existence of an outlet like Fox to give you more than one side, the public only saw what the media wanted you to see. The jurors saw the entire thing, along with the events that lead to the incident. The jurors made the proper decision, and LA burned.

Do you honestly think if the jurors in Florida do the same, that there won’t be riots? When the judge in the Zimmerman case did not allow for dismissal of the charge (something nearly ever credable legal analyst thought would happen) because the State failed to prove its case, Martin supporters cheered. Do you think they care about justice? How do you think they will respond when Zimmerman walks?

Guest General Mattis
Not guilty...from day one.

The Police investing the incident, along with the State Attorney over seeing it both agreed there should be no charges. A special investigator was brought in, who laid the charge without taking it to a Grand Jury or speaking to all the witnesses

This has never been about guilt or innocence.

Oh look, Obama’s resident lapdog has come out in favor of the persecution of an innocent man. Tell me Langston, do you form your own opinions, or do you wait to see what Barry has to say before you open your mouth? Was it difficult to keep switching back and forth on the issue of gay rights?

Let me ask you a question Langston (have I been here long enough to do so yet?). Does it bother you when you read / hear one of you fellow Liberals get crucial information on this case wrong? I mean, if you’re buddy GaryG said that Mr. Zimmerman was guilty because he disobeyed a direct police order not to leave his vehicle, would you come out and correct him with the right information, or would you stay quiet? Or would you even know he had it wrong? Doesn’t it bother you that so many Liberals have shown they have a complete lack of knowledge on this case, yet scream at the top of their lungs about Mr. Zimmerman’s guilt?

I have another question as well. How do you feel about the numerous anti-Zimmerman groups out there that are threatening violence against Mr. Zimmerman and society itself if there is an acquittal in this case? Why is it that Liberals accuse Conservatives of trying to ruin the country, when it’s Liberals who show absolute contempt for the justice system? OJ Simpson was guilty, yet because the State failed to prove that beyond a reasonable doubt, he was set free. Did you see people rioting over that? So explain the LA Riots of ’92. Explain why there have been threats to do the same in Florida if they don’t convict an innocent man. Now explain the leadership your President has shown. The first black President (why is Obama black despite being mix race, but Zimmerman is White-Hispanic. Never mind, we know why) has done nothing but fuel the fire. Claiming poor little Trayvon looks just like his son, if he had one (again, why is it if I saw all black males look alike, it’s racism, but when Obama does it, no one says a word. Never mind, we know why). If Obama had an ounce of leadership in him, he’d be on TV twice a week telling the people who voted for him (even the ones who voted more than once) that we as a society need to support and respect the judicial system, even if we don’t always agree with the outcome.

At the end of the day, the State must prove Mr. Zimmerman’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. And I’m sorry, but after what we’ve seen for the last two weeks, two weeks of the State laying out their case, not only is there reasonable doubt, there is more than ample evidence to prove his outright innocence and convict Martin of assult.. But Obama said he was guilty, so it doesn’t matter what happens in that court, his followers will continue to pollute the air while ignoring evidence.

Tell me Langston, in your opinion, why did the media initially call Mr. Zimmerman white? Why have they continued to show pictures of a 12 year old Trayvon Martin, and not the more recent ones from his own social media accounts? Why did they alter the 911 tape or the pictures from the Police station in order to hide the injuries? Why did they make a big deal about a photo on Instagram, and not the fact the State's key witness was 19 years old and unable to read the letter she wrote in cursive? Why would Mr. Zimmerman call 911 and give them his name and exact location if he was planning on committing a crime?

Never mind. I know you won’t answer. And it’s clear why.

Look, If you want to do a fly by and initiate personal attacks then I don't give a fuck what questions you have. I don't know you, nor do I know why you walked in here with something up your ass and started attacking me but that's been the case since almost day one for you.

Based on that, go fuck yourself and the questions (stick up your...) that you rode in on. Have a nice weekend.

Thank goodness you're not on the jury. While you are correct that the situation could have been avoided had Zimmerman not pursued him, that really has no bearing on the verdict. This is the problem with finding impartial juries. Just because it's a tragedy doesn't mean it's a crime.

Ask yourself this: If Martin was faster and had a headstart, then how did Z-man catch him unless he either stopped and/or came back to confront him?

He hid from him. You never known a child to hide in the bushes before? Thank goodness your not on the jury either because your not impartial either. You post it openly

Had it not been for political pressure they never would have filed charges.
Edited by Langston Hughes
  • Like 1

Look, If you want to do a fly by and initiate personal attacks then I don't give a fuck what questions you have. I don't know you, nor do I know why you walked in here with something up your ass and started attacking me but that's been the case since almost day one for you.

Based on that, go fuck yourself and the questions (stick up your...) that you rode in on. Have a nice weekend.

Looking forward to the day they block/ban your I.P.

• Like 3

Looking forward to the day they block/ban your I.P.

It no different than tossing someone out of a bar for being an asshole. Some people drink too much and act stupid while other people are not acting and are authentic assholes, no alcohol needed.

(I think most people ignore the troll and his little soap box.)

It no different than tossing someone out of a bar for being an asshole. Some people drink too much and act stupid while other people are not acting and are authentic assholes, no alcohol needed.

(I think most people ignore the troll and his little soap box.)

I only have one person on ignore. Best decision I ever made. I really should do the same for FMC.

I only have one person on ignore. Best decision I ever made. I really should do the same for FMC.

I technically have two people ignored but its the same person, he just changed his screen name but the same "person".

ignore_zpsae0a4d48.jpg

How much fun would this place be without LH.

Lewis without Clark?

Thelma without Louise?

Dean Martin without Jerry Lewis?

Tommie Smothers without Dickie?

Costello without Abbot?

Or Larry, without Darryl and his other brother Darryl (Edstock).

Jock without itch?

• Like 2