Ford Motor Company May 2013 Sales Figures

DETAILS OF FORD MOTOR COMPANY’S MAY 2013 U.S. SALES CONFERENCE CALL

Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) will release its May 2013 U.S. sales results at approximately 9:30 a.m. EDT Monday, June 3, 2013. At 10 a.m. EDT, Erich Merkle, Ford U.S. sales analyst, will host a conference call for the investment community and news media to discuss the results and related market trends. He will be joined by Ken Czubay, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service, and Jenny Lin, Ford's senior U.S. economist.
Conference Call Access Information
Toll Free: 866-783-2138
International: 857-350-1597
Ask to be connected to the Ford monthly sales conference call.
Conference call also will be webcast live, on a listen-only basis, at www.shareholder.ford.com.
Replays – Available 11:45 a.m. EDT the day of the event through June 9, 2013
Toll Free: 888-286-8010
International: 617-801-6888
Passcode: 47748014
Replay also will be available on www.shareholder.ford.com.
====================
Ford Motor Company U.S. Sales Up 14 Percent; Ford Fusion, Escape and New Lincoln MKZ Continue Record-Setting Pace
  • Ford Motor Company’s May U.S. sales up 14 percent compared with a year ago; best May sales since 2006 with retail sales up 17 percent
  • Escape delivers best month ever – sales up 26 percent year over year; Fusion sales up 10 percent – Fusion’s best-ever May; both achieve monthly sales records for four straight months
  • F-Series, America’s best-selling pickup for 36 years, posts a 31 percent increase – best May sales since 2005 and first time F-Series breaks the 70,000 mark since March 2007
  • Lincoln MKZ delivers its best-ever May sales performance
  • Ford announces 2013 third-quarter production of 740,000 vehicles, up 10 percent from the prior year

Download Full Sales Release (With Tables)

DEARBORN, Mich., June 3, 2013 – Ford Motor Company’s U.S. sales grew 14 percent in May, with cars up 9 percent, utilities up 15 percent and trucks up 18 percent. Retail sales increased 17 percent, marking the best May retail sales results since 2005.

“Our fuel-efficient Fusion and Escape have set monthly sales records for four straight months,” said Ken Czubay, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “F-Series sales – fueled by construction growth and pent-up demand – reached their highest level in more than six years.”

Fusion posted its best-ever May sales of 29,553 vehicles – with its strongest areas of sales growth in the western and southeastern areas of the U.S.

The fuel-efficient Escape small utility posted its best-ever sales month since being introduced 13 years ago – a 26 percent increase with 29,123 vehicles sold last month.

America’s best-selling pickup, the F-Series had its strongest May sales result since 2005. F-Series’ 71,604 sales in May represented a 31 percent increase versus last year and its 22nd straight monthly sales increase.

In May, Lincoln MKZ sales increased 42 percent versus last year. This represents MKZ’s best-ever May sales, building on MKZ’s best-ever sales month in April.

In addition, Ford announces its 2013 third-quarter North American production. The company plans to build 740,000 vehicles in the third quarter, up 10 percent from the 673,000 vehicles produced in the third quarter of 2012.

The third quarter plan includes the company’s recent announcement to add 40,000 vehicles from a reduced July summer shutdown and the addition of 200,000 units of annualized straight-time capacity starting in the fall of this year.

Second quarter production of 800,000 vehicles is unchanged from previous guidance.

If that is true, the sales threads on GMI will be epic.

When GM does real well, the thread explode. When they don't, they are amazingly quiet. LOL

I will go out on a limb here, and say that if GM only barely outsold Ford last month, that will be with significantly higher incentives per vehicle also. That would make it all the more interesting.

• Like 1

Ford Motor Company U.S. Sales Up 14 Percent; Ford Fusion, Escape and new Lincoln MKZ Continue Record-Setting Pace

• Ford Motor Company’s May U.S. sales up 14 percent compared with a year ago; best May sales since 2006 with retail sales up 17 percent
  • Escape delivers best month ever – sales up 26 percent year over year; Fusion sales up 10 percent – Fusion’s best-ever May; both achieve monthly sales records for four straight months
  • F-Series, America’s best-selling pickup for 36 years, posts a 31 percent increase – best May sales since 2005 and first time F-Series breaks the 70,000 mark since March 2007
  • Lincoln MKZ delivers its best-ever May sales performance
  • Ford announces 2013 third-quarter production of 740,000 vehicles, up 10 percent from the prior year

Download Full Sales Release (With Tables)

DEARBORN, Mich., June 3, 2013 – Ford Motor Company’s U.S. sales grew 14 percent in May, with cars up 9 percent, utilities up 15 percent and trucks up 18 percent. Retail sales increased 17 percent, marking the best May retail sales results since 2005.

“Our fuel-efficient Fusion and Escape have set monthly sales records for four straight months,” said Ken Czubay, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “F-Series sales – fueled by construction growth and pent-up demand – reached their highest level in more than six years.”

Fusion posted its best-ever May sales of 29,553 vehicles – with its strongest areas of sales growth in the western and southeastern areas of the U.S.

The fuel-efficient Escape small utility posted its best-ever sales month since being introduced 13 years ago – a 26 percent increase with 29,123 vehicles sold last month.

America’s best-selling pickup, the F-Series had its strongest May sales result since 2005. F-Series’ 71,604 sales in May represented a 31 percent increase versus last year and its 22nd straight monthly sales increase.

In May, Lincoln MKZ sales increased 42 percent versus last year. This represents MKZ’s best-ever May sales, building on MKZ’s best-ever sales month in April.

In addition, Ford announces its 2013 third-quarter North American production. The company plans to build 740,000 vehicles in the third quarter, up 10 percent from the 673,000 vehicles produced in the third quarter of 2012.

The third quarter plan includes the company’s recent announcement to add 40,000 vehicles from a reduced July summer shutdown and the addition of 200,000 units of annualized straight-time capacity starting in the fall of this year.

Second quarter production of 800,000 vehicles is unchanged from previous guidance.

It would have been 29,552 if my wife had been a little more patient....but we're happy.

• Like 1

Lincoln MKZ appears to be cannibalizing other Lincoln's, no sales gain overall.

MKS sales maybe, but they were pretty well in the crapper even before the new MKZ launched. At this point, every Lincoln sans the MKZ should rightfully really just be ignored until more new metal arrives.

• Like 1

Lincoln MKZ appears to be cannibalizing other Lincoln's, no sales gain overall.

Agree, but other than the MKX, everything else is so bad. When people enter a Lincoln dealership, only 2 products are good enough to stand out.

I think that if the production MKC and new MKX are as appealing as the new MKZ, then more people will be brought into the LIncoln fold instead of the cannibalizing that is going on now.

• Like 1

F-series over 70,000?

There is an increase activities in the construction industries. That may have lead to a jump into F-series' sales.

There were quite some negative web users' comments on the fore-coming "aluminum" F-series. I hope people are not afraid of the new truck, getting the current version quick before the next generation arrive.

Edited by LoveTaurus

If that is true, the sales threads on GMI will be epic.

When GM does real well, the thread explode. When they don't, they are amazingly quiet. LOL

I will go out on a limb here, and say that if GM only barely outsold Ford last month, that will be with significantly higher incentives per vehicle also. That would make it all the more interesting.

I am waiting for Germeez and America 123 to come in and find a way to spin it. Those 2 are total trolls.

A larger portion of GM's sales are from luxury divisions, which should mean greater revenue, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Also keep in mind that a good chunk of Ford's sales come from vehicles with luxury-like prices like higher trim SUV's and pickups.

I think it's going to take the MKC to turn the tide on Lincoln's sales slide. The MKZ isn't a blockbuster, and the MKC will also eat into the MKX until a new one arrives. I don't think a new MKS is terribly important in terms of volume, but it's probably a key margin stuffer. A next-gen MKT is still a long-ways off sadly.

Edited by BORG
  • Like 1

I think it's going to take the MKC to turn the tide on Lincoln's sales slide. The MKZ isn't a blockbuster, and the MKC will also eat into the MKX until a new one arrives.

:headscratch:

Lincoln's sales were down month after month until the new MKZ came along. Sales are flat, but the MKZ did, in fact, seem to have stopped the sales slide already. It alone is making up for the continuing drops by the other models, drops which were already occurring prior to the MKZ's launch, so I really don't think there's a whole lot of cannibalizing going on here. It's going to take more than one new model to finally start seeing overall brand increases. I don't see how that is at all surprising?

I mean honestly, what do you want the MKZ to do in order to qualify as a "blockbuster"? It's outselling the ATS. It's outselling the CTS. It's outselling the XTS. I would say it's performing admirably and likely at least meeting Lincoln's expectations to this point, if not surpassing them.

I think it's going to take the MKC to turn the tide on Lincoln's sales slide. The MKZ isn't a blockbuster, and the MKC will also eat into the MKX until a new one arrives. I don't think a new MKS is terribly important in terms of volume, but it's probably a key margin stuffer. A next-gen MKT is still a long-ways off sadly.

Right now the MKZ is supply constrained. We'll see how that plays out once Fusion production is up at FR.