The "Thrill Is Gone"-The Collapse Of Obama-mania

Langston, it has always been about policy. Only the real racist in the room, that would be you, failed to see that. Every time time some one points out a policy issue you respond with more of this "mad that a black man was in office" crap. You need to take that chip off your shoulder and take a race-neutral look at the country. Consider us all as just people instead of white, black, red, and brown. We have massive problems as a society. We are one society not a collection of different colored tribes. Are the policies being forwarded by this administration good for society at large?

Langston, There was a thread devoted to whether you were black or white. I don't care. It seems grotesque to me that you would, as a white man, attempt to assume the identity of an intellectual black man. White people playing the roll of black people in black face hardly seems the stuff that you would expect from a white liberal. But maybe you don't get that and you were simply trying to honor a back poet. What ever. What it does do is to make race an issue in everything.

Interjecting race into everything is about like adding sand to food: it makes everything more abrasive. Maybe you would be more persuasive if you didn't continually use race as your base line for every discussion.

• Like 1

Langston, it has always been about policy. Only the real racist in the room, that would be you, failed to see that. Every time time some one points out a policy issue you respond with more of this "mad that a black man was in office" crap. You need to take that chip off your shoulder and take a race-neutral look at the country. Consider us all as just people instead of white, black, red, and brown. We have massive problems as a society. We are one society not a collection of different colored tribes. Are the policies being forwarded by this administration good for society at large?

No it hasn't.

Your aware of that and willingly to lie about it, as your willing to present a bullshit theory that I'm the bad guy because I call out the obvious racist motivations. You see people posting racist pictures in emails and say they are just concerned conservatives all about policy, I say they are bigots. You see them hosting racist signs at protests and say they are just concerned conservatives all about policy and I say they are bigots. You see where they use racial chants at Obama speeches and tell me that it's about policy, i say it's about racism.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/conservative-activist-forwards-racist-pic-showing-obama-as-witch-doctor

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/12/springboro-confederate-flag_n_3587417.html?utm_hp_ref=latino-voices&ir=Latino%20Voices

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/resigned-gop-chair-unapologetic-over-racist-remarks-calls-republican-party-gutless/

http://www.inquisitr.com/894034/obama-met-in-arizona-with-racist-chants/

http://news.olemiss.edu/message-chancellor-dan-jones/#.UoPLh_lJM1K

It'as obvious that your nothing more than an apologist for the bigots.

You weren't one of the ones chanting "bye bye BLACK sheep at the Obama protest in Phoenix where you?

Edited by Langston Hughes

I didn't vote for him. I've never liked his policy. But no, I'm just racist? You're offensive.

Nick, I am sorry I put that the wrong way. I should have said it differently as i understand that there are people who are truly policy driven. I still contend based on the signs, the emails and the chants that there is a large group of people that are driven by race.

Langston, There was a thread devoted to whether you were black or white. I don't care. It seems grotesque to me that you would, as a white man, attempt to assume the identity of an intellectual black man. White people playing the roll of black people in black face hardly seems the stuff that you would expect from a white liberal. But maybe you don't get that and you were simply trying to honor a back poet. What ever. What it does do is to make race an issue in everything.

Interjecting race into everything is about like adding sand to food: it makes everything more abrasive. Maybe you would be more persuasive if you didn't continually use race as your base line for every discussion.

i didn't assume his identity, he is dead. I merely used it as a screen name as I was reading a book of his poetry that was given to me at the time. I am not in blackface trying to emulate what i am not. I could have been anyone of many who see oppression and denounce it openly.

Archbishop Oscar Romero

Dom Helder Carama

Paulo Freire

MLK

But I choose LH because he was top of mind.

P.S. You must find Tom Servo really grotesque for assuming the identity of a funny robot.

Nick, I am sorry I put that the wrong way. I should have said it differently as i understand that there are people who are truly policy driven. I still contend based on the signs, the emails and the chants that there is a large group of people that are driven by race.

No. There is a very small, but very vocal group of people that is driven by race. It's a common ploy to try to make that small voice out to be the voice of the majority though. You know, like always picking out the one guy at a Tea Party rally with the confederate flag.

Edited by NickF1011

Well, we know what your problem is, you just make up definitions to words.

That happens to be a quote from Thomas Sowell;

• Thomas Sowell is an American economist, social theorist, political philosopher, and author. He is currently the Rose and Milton Friedman Senior Fellow on Public Policy at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
    And he's black.

• Thomas Sowell is an American economist, social theorist, political philosopher, and author. He is currently the Rose and Milton Friedman Senior Fellow on Public Policy at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
    And he's black.

I knew I had heard that somewhere but didn't know the source.

No it hasn't.

Your aware of that and willingly to lie about it, as your willing to present a bullshit theory that I'm the bad guy because I call out the obvious racist motivations. You see people posting racist pictures in emails and say they are just concerned conservatives all about policy, I say they are bigots. You see them hosting racist signs at protests and say they are just concerned conservatives all about policy and I say they are bigots. You see where they use racial chants at Obama speeches and tell me that it's about policy, i say it's about racism.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/conservative-activist-forwards-racist-pic-showing-obama-as-witch-doctor

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/12/springboro-confederate-flag_n_3587417.html?utm_hp_ref=latino-voices&ir=Latino%20Voices

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/resigned-gop-chair-unapologetic-over-racist-remarks-calls-republican-party-gutless/

http://www.inquisitr.com/894034/obama-met-in-arizona-with-racist-chants/

http://news.olemiss.edu/message-chancellor-dan-jones/#.UoPLh_lJM1K

It'as obvious that your nothing more than an apologist for the bigots.

You weren't one of the ones chanting "bye bye BLACK sheep at the Obama protest in Phoenix where you?

Langston, I was talking about the posts here by the other members here. I think that we are both aware that there are people who can't get beyond race on both sides. That is called racism. Look in the mirror. You are one of those people. Should I shun all liberals because they allow people like you to associate with them?

And no, I wasn't at the Obama protest, anywhere, ever.... Get a grip. Or just call everyone a racist every time you open your mouth. Really, these outbursts are more about you than they are about any one else.

• Like 1

i didn't assume his identity, he is dead. I merely used it as a screen name as I was reading a book of his poetry that was given to me at the time. I am not in blackface trying to emulate what i am not. I could have been anyone of many who see oppression and denounce it openly.

Archbishop Oscar Romero

Dom Helder Carama

Paulo Freire

MLK

But I choose LH because he was top of mind.

P.S. You must find Tom Servo really grotesque for assuming the identity of a funny robot.

These two statements conflict with each other:

I am not in blackface trying to emulate what i am not.

I could have been anyone of many who see oppression and denounce it openly.

For your own sake, please don't read the Quaran while selecting your next screen name.

And by exactly the same logic, there were blacks who voted for the "black guy".

But you deflect THAT,....... yet paint with the widest brush when you accuse Obama opponents as being "racists".

•  

Thomas Sowell is an American economist, social theorist, political philosopher, and author. He is currently the Rose and Milton Friedman Senior Fellow on Public Policy at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University.

And he's black.

Oh, so being black means you can make up definitions to words? Good to know.

I don't like Sowell, you guys don't like Jackson. They are symmetrical opposites, with Jesse always seeing racism and Thomas never seeing racism.

The both play demagoque to their respective sides.

And by exactly the same logic, there were blacks who voted for the "black guy".

But you deflect THAT,....... yet paint with the widest brush when you accuse Obama opponents as being "racists".

I don't deflect that. I have offered statistical voter demographic evidence that the difference between blacks voting for Obama over previous white candidates is 5% which is typical within what is considered margin of error.

You ignore these posts and the next time this discussion comes up falsely suggest I deflect.

By the way are you going to return the murder slide you put in the gun control tramples thread? I dissected it like you said. Just waiting for your reply.

Leaping to conclusions?

No, possibly attributing to you a larger bit of sense than you might actually have, as the slide didn't pass the initial smell test.

Think about it?

We've talked about Chicago having the most homicides and roughly what the number of homicides were in the US so it should have been obvious to you that it wasn't kosher so to speak. Plus your an active gun owner and informed pro-gun rights person so if the rules were Chicago style tough in all 4 you'd have read about it. (We both knew about the bans in Chicago/DC and the court cases about them.)

It's not a leap to believe that you had your doubts about it's veracity and went ahead anyways just to get a reaction from me.

Edited by Langston Hughes