The "Thrill Is Gone"-The Collapse Of Obama-mania

Sure we all would, but since that is not happening you have to choose which liar you want.

It won't happen as long as we accept liars.

Will you join me in demanding truthful and more responsible candidates? Or are you willing to continue the tradition of accepting blatant lying and pandering?

If the idea that Americans have any influence in selecting our candidates for office, then it follows that we are the ones who are responsible for them getting into office or not. As long as we continue to tolerate their behavior, we'll keep getting the same thing.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over again, expecting different results"-paraphrasing Albert Einstein.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

It won't happen as long as we accept liars.

Will you join me in demanding truthful and more responsible candidates? Or are you willing to continue the tradition of accepting blatant lying and pandering?

If the idea that Americans have any influence in selecting our candidates for office, then it follows that we are the ones who are responsible for them getting into office or not. As long as we continue to tolerate their behavior, we'll keep getting the same thing.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over again, expecting different results"-paraphrasing Albert Einstein.

Join you in what? Voting for whatever liar the RNC puts out in 2016? That's something different? Einstein might think you are the definition of insanity voting for Romney and acting like your calling for a better bred of politician.

As for me, well I've tried to do what i could, supporting the candidate in the primaries that I thought were best, and that did include Obama in 2008 and Wesley Clark in 2004. I also supported Huntsman on the republican side as i thought he was by far a much more thoughtful and talented candidate than the crazies the far right was pushing. I really liked Clark, but maybe BH can say more about him as I didn't serve under him.

Edited by Langston Hughes

Join you in what? Voting for whatever liar the RNC puts out in 2016?

Voting for a liar from the RNC is no better than voting for a liar from the DNC.

What use is it to vote for someone based on their political affiliations and campaign promises when they are known liars and cannot be trusted to fulfill those promises or stand by those party doctrines?

Would you use a bank that was as trustworthy? Or a babysitter?

You expect less from the executive of the United States than you do of your regional bank?

Are you THAT invested in "My liar lies better than your liar, so I want my liar to win?" That's as bad as voting for the baby kisser or "articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy".

Voting for a liar from the RNC is no better than voting for a liar from the DNC.

What use is it to vote for someone based on their political affiliations and campaign promises when they are known liars and cannot be trusted to fulfill those promises or stand by those party doctrines?

Would you use a bank that was as trustworthy? Or a babysitter?

You expect less from the executive of the United States than you do of your regional bank?

Are you THAT invested in "My liar lies better than your liar, so I want my liar to win?" That's as bad as voting for the baby kisser or "articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy".

So your telling me that you did not vote for Romney this past election? Or W either time?

So your telling me that you did not vote for Romney this past election? Or W either time?

I haven't voted FOR anyone in 30+ years.

I have voted AGAINST many others. And it looks like that will continue because I am vastly outnumbered by those who vote FOR their favorite liar.

As long as the majority of voters tolerate the liars, we'll keep getting them.

I haven't voted FOR anyone in 30+ years.

I have voted AGAINST many others. And it looks like that will continue because I am vastly outnumbered by those who vote FOR their favorite liar.

As long as the majority of voters tolerate the liars, we'll keep getting them.

So that's how you lie to yourself that your the better person than the rest of us. Good talk.

(semantic weasel word bullshit doesn't change what you did)

So did you cast a vote for Romney or not?

Update: Early potential nominee WI Gov. Scott Walker ® has already been accused of lying in his new book. Guess you can't vote for him, can you?

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2013/dec/11/scott-walker/gov-scott-walker-says-current-economic-recovery-wo/

Edited by Langston Hughes

How can this be seen as anything but a last gasp from the administration trying to diffuse the foreseen collapse of his popularity and approval ratings?

Obama pollster: reporters should stop covering polls in 2014

Emphasis added.

Benenson explained that he thinks the polling often reported by news organizations lacks the proper context.

Asked his New Year’s resolution: “Here’s one — with a variation, if mine is too extreme: Go one year without reporting any public polling data.”

“Rationale: Most public polling continues to be reported on strictly from a topline, horserace-type perspective that does nothing, or at best very little, to illuminate the news of the day.”

Benenson offered an alternative if “this is too strict.”

“Go one year without reporting any public polling data that doesn’t provide in an in-depth analysis of the underlying dynamics that are truly shaping the data,” he said.

If reporters actually did forgo reporting on the president’s polling data for a year, the next time the public would hear about Obama’s approval numbers would be after the 2014 midterms.

According to Wall Street Journal/NBC news polling, Obama’s job approval fell from 52 percent at the start of the year to 43 percent today.

And for those who I anticipate will chime in on this, a level playing field is required. Demanding "in-depth analysis" for Obama's ratings presupposes the same for others. Something I doubt would ever happen.

And in reality, Obama supporters have been happy to compare his ratings to Bush's as evidence of how much "better" Obama is, without such deep analysis.

Kinda like comparing two muddy pigs. Trying to decide which one is less muddy.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I figured I would post this for Mr Cap, Firedford motor, and the rest of you nice people of all political persuasions that think Mr Obysmal is; well rather obysmal, lol. This was from sometime during his first term, and it is as pertinent today as it was then.

Now progressives, I am WARNING you to not view this as it might ruin your week, possibly month. And you people of anti Obysmal persuasion, whatever you do, do NOT view this with your mouth full of food or drink, as you might end up spitting on your computer from laughing so hard. Also, be warned that once you hear this, every time you see President Obysmal, you will probably break into laughter.

• Like 2

Mr Obysmal and the progressives are collapsing before our very eyes. Problem is, rinos are in charge of the republican party. We have got to get together and push a conservative candidate through the primaries, and into the general election. If we do not, we will end up with another closet progressive who doesn't mind big government, just wants his/her party to control it.

We NEED to get with libertarians and support some of their candidates in the states they want elected, so as we can have them help us push through a conservative one out of the republican party in the presidential primaries.

Mr Obysmal and the progressives are collapsing before our very eyes. Problem is, rinos are in charge of the republican party. We have got to get together and push a conservative candidate through the primaries, and into the general election. If we do not, we will end up with another closet progressive who doesn't mind big government, just wants his/her party to control it.

We NEED to get with libertarians and support some of their candidates in the states they want elected, so as we can have them help us push through a conservative one out of the republican party in the presidential primaries.

I have seen at least 15 Repub/Libertarian/Tea party candidates putting up very good early fights for the House.

Paul is starting to be heard a lot out of Iowa, NH.

I have seen at least 15 Repub/Libertarian/Tea party candidates putting up very good early fights for the House.

Paul is starting to be heard a lot out of Iowa, NH.

We will have to see how it all goes. The last thing we need is for conservatives/libertarians to slice the pie up in the primaries, then have a rino slide into the general because of it.

I really do not care which conservative it is either. I figure-------->2 debates, whomever is poling the best at that time, get on the bandwagon and ride him/her to the Presidency.

Along with that, I refuse to give anymore donations to the RNC.(I came to that conclusion after the rinos hosed Cruz, Lee, and Paul over the filibuster of Obysmalcare) Instead, I send a few bucks here and there to specific candidates. Rinos are just big government stand ins. We have to dismantle big government, period. So it makes no difference to me if it is a progressive or a rino running it, both scenarios are all bad.

I really do not care which conservative it is either. I figure-------->2 debates, whomever is poling the best at that time, get on the bandwagon and ride him/her to the Presidency.

I think you still need to find out whoever that is at the time what that person really is. Remember Paul Sr. was statistically tied in the top spot at Iowa last time around and never got mentioned once. The media, big companies and the parties are only going to want people to know what they want.

The easiest way I find is to first look at who the 2 big parties are either ignoring or trying to bad mouth. Also pay attention to how the media is treating them also.

1625456_513343492112429_4838287_n.jpg

Edited by fmccap

1479473_733533076659125_1860214673_n.png

You can trust this guy. He only tells you the truth. He's much better than all those lying S.O.B.'s that preceded him. Cherry picking the answers they want to hear, his supporters throw their backing behind him because they trust him. He only lies about the things no one cares about.

And they trust he will only do what they want. And any abuses of power are ok with them because, "we can't have any more stonewalling from congress", so Obama can bypass the congress via executive orders and they're good with that....as if they are not opening Pandora's box for the next guy to expand his powers. Eventually, they'll scream bloody murder because his successor will use the same authority that they tolerated from and turned a blind eye to with Obama.

Rest assured after yet another speech with the same ideas repeated his base will feel that tingle again.

People lie, numbers do not.

Millions more have cancelled insurance today because of Obama's idea and passed my people that never read what they were signing.

Good luck spinning that one no matter what he says or recycles from other pep talks.

Does anyone know who is giving the republican response?

Please, anyone besides Boehner.

IIRC, I believe the "official" Republican response is from a woman (can't remember if she's a Representative, Senator or Governor). The Tea Party and Rand Paul will give their own, respectively

Edited by RangerM