Ford Motor Company April 2013 Sales Report / Charts

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=37976

Ford Motor Company U.S. Sales Up 18 Percent; Ford Fusion, Ford Escape and new Lincoln MKZ Set Sales Records
  • Ford Motor Company April U.S. sales up 18 percent compared to last year – best April sales since 2007, with cars up 21 percent, utilities up 16 percent and trucks up 16 percent
  • Fusion and Escape both establish April sales records, with sales increases of 24 and 52 percent respectively
  • F-Series, America’s best-selling pickup for 36 years, posts a 24 percent increase, with sales of 59,030 – best April sales results since 2006
  • Lincoln overall sales up 21 percent; MKZ delivers its best monthly sales performance ever – with April sales passing the 4,000 vehicle mark for the first time in MKZ history
Soundbites: April 2013 Sales

DEARBORN, Mich., May 1, 2013 – Ford’s April sales climbed 18 percent with gains across the portfolio – with cars up 21 percent, utilities up 16 percent, and trucks up 16 percent. Retail sales were up 27 percent.

“We are working harder than ever to keep pace with record demand for our all-new, fuel-efficient Fusion and Escape – with sales growth particularly strong on the coasts,” said Ken Czubay, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “F-Series pickups also continue to build on their momentum as the housing and construction industries rebound.”

Fusion continues its strong sales run with best-ever April sales results of 26,722 vehicles, a 24 percent increase over record year-ago April levels. The strongest retail sales increases for Fusion continue to come from the western and southeastern U.S. – with the sales in the West doubling in April and the Southeast up 70 percent.

Escape also had its strongest April sales since its launch 13 years ago, reporting a 52 percent increase with 25,826 vehicles sold.

Sales of America’s best-selling pickup, the Ford F-Series increased 24 percent, with 59,030 pickups sold. This represents F-Series best April sales results since 2006. It also is the 21st straight monthly sales increase for F-Series – with sales up 19 percent year to date.

In April, Lincoln sales increased 21 percent. The new Lincoln MKZ established an all-time monthly sales record, with 4,012 vehicles sold for the month – breaking the 4,000 vehicle mark for the first time ever.

Other than the MKZ and Navi Lincoln looks weak.

I'd say they are likely performing exactly as Lincoln is expecting at this point, given the age of the rest of the lineup.

So yeah, other than only product of their turnaround plan that has been launched so far, they are doing horrible. Doomed even.

Let's reiterate this part from Farley's conference call yesterday: time on dealer lots: MKZ Hybrid - 11 days, MKZ - 22 days.

Edited by NickF1011

25k Escape, 26k Fusion, 14k Explorer, 22k Focus...

Another great month.

These are very good numbers, however I am getting concerned that Ford is going to find itself with little inventory to sell during summer. Can Ford produce that many Fusion and Escapes per month?

Outside of the Explorer, the D3 platform cars had a disappointing month....

Eh, combined Taurus/PI sales are up over last year's Taurus.

As for MKS, well, there's very little reason to consider one over the MKZ unless you really want that 3.5 EB.

MKT and Flex have always been hit-or-miss...mostly miss.

These are very good numbers, however I am getting concerned that Ford is going to find itself with little inventory to sell during summer. Can Ford produce that many Fusion and Escapes per month?

Yes it can , I think Fusion can trade on its built out +40,000 inventory through the summer..

Yes it can , I think Fusion can trade on its built out +40,000 inventory through the summer..

Isn't Flat Rock supposed to come online by the end of the year anyways?

It would be amazing to see the MKZ keep selling at 3-4K a month....36-48K a year units would be awesome...

• Like 1

MKZ outsold every Cadillac model, and every Buick model save for Enclave.

And Cadillac and Buick outsold Lincoln by a huge margin. Lot of work to still be done. I wonder if the MKZ sales is partly due to pent up demand? We will see in 6-8 months.

And Cadillac and Buick outsold Lincoln by a huge margin. Lot of work to still be done. I wonder if the MKZ sales is partly due to pent up demand? We will see in 6-8 months.

You're avoiding the issue, ATS sales were around 2700, where are all the fans for that car?????

IMO, GM has listened to the fans, given them a great RWD/AWD car and now they don't want to pay...

Edited by jpd80

You're avoiding the issue, ATS sales were around 2700, where are all the fans for that car?????

IMO, GM has listened to the fans, given them a great RWD/AWD car and now they don't want to pay...

I am a ATS fan for sure. The ATS did not have a botched launch and pent up demand. That is all I was suggesting. I would take a ATS all day everyday over a MKZ but thats me.

Camaro 7949 (-17.43%)

Mustang 7751 (-0.6%)

The Camaro has been outselling the Mustang for the past few months...at least Mustang Sales have been more or less flat month to month. I'm also going out on a limb that People are waiting for the 50th Anniversary Mustang next year too and the demand for the Camaro is starting wane since its been on the market a couple years after not being built for a few years.

... and the demand for the Camaro is starting wane since its been on the market a couple years after not being built for a few years.

To be fair, it's going on it's 5th model year since it was reintroduced. Pent up demand is long gone.

(Note: I can't stand the car)

• Like 1

The Camaro has been outselling the Mustang for the past few months...at least Mustang Sales have been more or less flat month to month. I'm also going out on a limb that People are waiting for the 50th Anniversary Mustang next year too and the demand for the Camaro is starting wane since its been on the market a couple years after not being built for a few years.

Mustang is an eight year old platform, I'd expect the newer Camaro to do much better in comparison...

To be fair, it's going on it's 5th model year since it was reintroduced. Pent up demand is long gone.

2005 Mustang: 160,975

2010 Mustang: 73,716 (couple other factors at play here also like the crappy Economy and increased competition)
Anyways...the point I was making is that the Camaro doesn't have anything really going for it the next couple years till the next gen one comes out and I'd expect sales to keep dropping, esp with the new Mustang next year...the Mustang has been averaged about 70-80K units a year for the past 3-4 years or so.

In the Camaro's defense, has the refreshed model hit dealer lots yet? People may be waiting on that.