"Missing" cup holder ambiance lighting...

Bearcats98

Did this never make it to a production car? I am curious as if it did and was pulled, maybe I can find the original OEM part numbers and retro install it. I am looking at getting the *ahem* pricey lamps for the doors and footwells to put some in the back footwells. Figured if the 13 Fusion in any trim line ever had it I should be able to track down a part number versus having to drill/hack my existing cupholder..

Thoughts...?

It never made it to the 2013 Fusions. I only saw it on the iPad app and the quick reference guide.

Well poo. Ok. Guess when I get it back from PDR Ill pull the console apart to see what I can do. Does anybody have any pictures of what might have been? Might help me get an idea of placement.

That would likely be your best bet - find something from another model that will fit.

I find it funny.........ambient lighting in the footwell.............um, I know where my feet & the pedals are = I don't need to look there while driving. Cupholders? Might help locate those.

That would likely be your best bet - find something from another model that will fit.

I find it funny.........ambient lighting in the footwell.............um, I know where my feet & the pedals are = I don't need to look there while driving. Cupholders? Might help locate those.

Completely non-functional useless stuff really. But I am researching a way to do it none the less. :yahoo:

Edited by Bearcats98

Serves no real purpose, but aside from the vista roof, it's probably the thing that gets the most comments when I have passengers in my Edge.

Yes it does! It makes water bottles look cooooool... LOL. Yeah, no real purpose what so ever. But I tend to tinker and this seems easy as I am not willing to do anyting mechanically currently. However I am betting some of these parts are going to be pricey so it will get shelved.

Nah, guess I wasn't clear............I was attempting to say the cupholder lights might be useful - it's the footwell stuff I find pretty useless.

Ah ha...understood. Footwell stuff is nice for finding those dropped hotwheels or doll shoes. However what would be better would be a serious rear light verus that minature single bulb attempt at throwing light. :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For those upset at the lack of cupholder ambient lighting in the Fusion you're really going to like this...

Today I was given a rental of a 2013 Ford Focus with about 2200 miles on it. Not only does it have ambient lighting in the cup holders, but it also has it on the interior door handle! To add insult to injury, the Focus' ambient lighting changed color based on states of the car/doors. While driving it was purple. When I parked and turned off the car it changed to aqua. When I opened the door to get out, it turned just that open door red.

Man, those Focus owners get all the cool gadgets, eh? ; )

post-49703-0-85310300-1368129960_thumb.jpg

post-49703-0-05127800-1368129962_thumb.jpg

post-49703-0-94177100-1368129962_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

For those upset at the lack of cupholder ambient lighting in the Fusion you're really going to like this...

Today I was given a rental of a 2013 Ford Focus with about 2200 miles on it. Not only does it have ambient lighting in the cup holders, but it also has it on the interior door handle! To add insult to injury, the Focus' ambient lighting changed color based on states of the car/doors. While driving it was purple. When I parked and turned off the car it changed to aqua. When I opened the door to get out, it turned just that open door red.

The door handles in the Fusions are also lit, but it's one small light, unlike the light strip in your picture. The door lights in the Fusion also turn red when you open the door - I can't remember if the engine has to be on. I rented a Fiesta and it also had the lit cup holders .... and it was an SE, not even a Titanium!

The door handles in the Fusions are also lit, but it's one small light, unlike the light strip in your picture. The door lights in the Fusion also turn red when you open the door - I can't remember if the engine has to be on. I rented a Fiesta and it also had the lit cup holders .... and it was an SE, not even a Titanium!

I have NOT seen this in mine. Maybe I need to change color. I'll have to check it out when I get it back for the 2nd time.

Guest RRF985

Mine is aqua anytime a door is open or red when I have the headlights on and it will change between the two when a door is opened/closed. Also have the lights in the door handles. Not sure why everyone is all up in arms about the lack of cupholder lighting.

Edited by RRF985
  • Like 2