Remote start app for Mobile Phones

Razdan

OK, pretty cool tech. Not sure I see the big advantage if you have to have the remote start to make it work. I mean it's cool and all that you can start your car from a mile away, but wouldn't you be just a little concerned what was going on with it between the time you started it and the time you got there?

It just gives you a little more range than a regular remote start. You don't need the factory remote start that was just an example. You could use the app to remote start (one example is flying into the airport and starting the car before you land) but you need the regular key/fob to actually unlock the door and drive away.

You could also unlock the doors remotely but with the keypad on the door that's not as useful on a Ford.

The keypad on the doors is awesome. Can't believe you don't see more of that on other vehicles.

Nissan had it on a few vehicles for a short time. Not sure if Ford has some type of patent but once you have it you'll never want to be without it.

I always thought Ford should do a commercial showing a Ford vehicle and a GM vehicle with both locking their keys inside.

The Ford owner punches in the 5 digit code, gets in and drives away while the GM owner is fumbling for their cell phone (if it's not in the car), calling OnStar and waiting for OnStar to unlock the doors remotely (at least several minutes later).

Edited by akirby

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm amazed that Ford doesn't have this yet. Don't Chevy and a few other companies already have apps to connect to your vehicle from your phone. Not necessarily for command start but for things like making sure the doors are locked or as a locator at the mall so you remember where you parked (I don't have this issue just a thought lol)