2014 Edge

ice-capades

Per yesterday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the timetable for the 2014 Edge.

09/13/2013 2013MY Final Order Due Date

10/04/2013 2013MY Last Day to Spec Change

11/15/2013 2013MY Job Last Date

09/16/2013 2014MY Order Bank Open Date

10/17/2013 2014MY Scheduling Begins

11/18/2013 2014MY Job #1 Date

Nov 18 Job1

WOW **

just 3 days after they stop building the 2013my?

so NOT on the new CD4.2 platform :(

I know someone who's curious about the X with CCD/LDC

any chance?

&

any idea when the MKC's is??????????????

last I heard it was Q4 but was supposed to be out before the X arrives at THIS TIME** next year

all^ not official

Edited by 2b2

Is there any explanation for why the 2013 model year is so long? It's going to have been 21 months by the time they start building the 2014 model! I could maybe understand if the all-new model was coming out for 2014, but if that's still on track for introduction next year the 2014 model is going to be a very short model year (like 2012).

Nov 18 Job1

WOW **

just 3 days after they stop building the 2013my?

so NOT on the new CD4.2 platform :(

I know someone who's curious about the X with CCD/LDC

any chance?

&

any idea when the MKC's is??????????????

last I heard it was Q4 but was supposed to be out before the X arrives at THIS TIME** next year

all^ not official

Lincoln has not released any information on the MKC ordering or production timetable yet.

• 4 months later...

An interesting item regarding the 2014 Edge appeared in the new FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) that was released yesterday. The plant is scheduled to be "down" for the week of 12/23/2013 which is to be expected as it is part of the normal holiday schedule. The surprising part is that the FDNB is also listing that the plant is now scheduled to be down the weeks of 03/10/2014, 03/17/2014, 03/24/2014 & 03/31/2014. This is highly unusual as even regular model year changes are routinely accomplished over a weekend.

One can only wonder, and this is purely speculation at this point, if Ford is going to do a shortened 2014MY Edge production run and then do major retooling at the plant for an all-new 2015MY Edge with an early introduction? We'll have more information in a few months when Ford starts providing information on 2014MY/2015MY changeover timing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...