Van Dyke

Brian122

LTS are basically temp workers that have been at for longer then a temp worker should be, and as far as i know they were sent there from other plants like Dearborn truck.

I would think you'd still be on a list somewhere for hire still. you might even get a call for flat rock, they're bringing in 400 new people.

• Like 1

LTS? The new hires at Van Dyke are listed as Entry Level on the Seniority list. That's not the same thing, is it?

all i know is they took some LTS workers from my plant (DTP) and transferred them to van dyke, what they made them there i dont know.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got a call to come in and fill out an application for "summer employment". Just curious if this is just for the summer only or possible long term? I'd hate to leave my job I have now only be looking for work come the end of summer. Working for Ford would put me in a better position than I'm in now but, not if it's temporary. Any input?

Well I got a call to come in and fill out an application for "summer employment". Just curious if this is just for the summer only or possible long term? I'd hate to leave my job I have now only be looking for work come the end of summer. Working for Ford would put me in a better position than I'm in now but, not if it's temporary. Any input?

where are you going to fill this out at ?

Edited by Long forker DTP FINAL

Well I ended up going down on Friday to fill out an app. We'll see. Everyone I talked to there didn't know anything. Was hoping someone from Van Dyke might be on here to give some insight...

It might be for a temporary position, perhaps filling in for people vacationing during the Summer. All I know is they just added an afternoon shift to the hybrid line this week and part that department is shorhanded. Whether they decide to bring more people in, temporary or permanent, I couldn't tell you. I'm not too well informed on what's happening with production. It's hard enough finding out what's going on with trades.

Well they called today and said it's lts employment until September. I don't know how they expect someone to take a temporary job to possibly be unemployed come September, especially if I already have a job. I guess I have a week to give them my decision. Wish they'd say how good of a chance permanent employment would be. Why would they go through a referral process just for temporary jobs? I'd hate to turn down my only opportunity.

Well they called today and said it's lts employment until September. I don't know how they expect someone to take a temporary job to possibly be unemployed come September, especially if I already have a job. I guess I have a week to give them my decision. Wish they'd say how good of a chance permanent employment would be. Why would they go through a referral process just for temporary jobs? I'd hate to turn down my only opportunity.

I'm pretty sure there are entry level employees here and elsewhere that got their foot in the door by working temporary assignments. It's no guarantee this will lead to permanent placement down the road but you never know. I can understand your predicament but this is the reality of today's auto industry. Good luck with your decision.

Well I'm gonna take the job... What hours are you guys working there? I know I'll be on afternoons but are they doing crew shifts or traditional shifts? 8, 10, 12 hour shifts? Thanks for everyone responses!!!!

It depends on what department you work in. Could be anywhere from 8-12 hour shifts. Could be traditional, A B C, or 4 Crew. My guess would be C Crew but I'm sure you'll find out soon enough.

Congrats.

• 3 weeks later...