Joey Logano's Little Engine that Could (Almost)

My two cents, it truly was..."One of them racin deals"-as Schrader would say. Too bad Loganno wasn't a bit more sensitive with his comment- he will soon learn that a big chunk of his pay comes from the sponsors-and sponsors don't like being associated with anything negative IMO.

Now speaking of something negative, Tony Stewart may be a great driver, but in my mind he is a total A-hole. As Kyle Petty quickly pointed out.."he should talk about blocking?!!" a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. And then his later rant was pure bullshit. I guess Tony's car should have working hjeadlights and when he flashes them, everyone should pull over.

Then again, did he get some face time with his antics? Sure did.

As for empty seats, I'll bet Martinsville comes the closest to selling out so far this year. Drama sells-and the theatrics yesterday had coverage on all the major networks today.

• Like 1

All I can say is its too bad that it takes a bad wreck for NASCAR to get this level of attention. If you could get an honest answer the only reason most "fans" watch NASCAR is to see the wrecks. The other problem is that the news media magnifies the situation by interviewing the drivers when they are getting out of their cars all hyped up on adrenalin and have not had a chance to see any replays that might change their own opinions about what really happened. I guess it all sells tickets and gets better TV ratings.

As for Stewart he is and always has been a jackass on the track. He is probably lucky the Busch brothers haven't been kicked out of the sport as they have taken most of the negative attention lately. Before he became a team owner himself his antics nearly lost he and then team owner Joe Gibbs the Home Depot sponsorship. Will be interesting to see if he gets any fines for his bleeped out comments. Hamlin getting fined for what he said a couple of weeks ago about the new cars pales in comparison.

Yeah, yeah, no one ever understands anything except for the inner circle. Busch had fastest car all race and I would say best position at that stage of race was coming off of high side behind a bit and getting lots of momentum. And again, they didn't start smashing into one another until after being surprised by Busch flying by which they completely forgot about since both were pissed at each other from last race. Busch set them up and won with fastest car that day. Even a dumb guy who does DE and has experience gridding race cars knows that much.

Kyle was several car-lengths behind these two as they crossed the start-finish line with one to go. Hamlin and Logano were racing side-by-side from the end of the frontstretch, through turns 1 and 2, down the backstretch and through turn 3. Two cars running side-by-side will have a slower lap time than a driver who is running their preferred line all by themselves. This effect is even more magnified this year with the larger rear spoilers these cars are running. 18 and 22 were bumping and rubbing down the backstretch and side-drafting off of one another, which further slowed down their speeds. When Kyle got close enough to them, he was able to gain some draft off of the 11 which allowed him to increase his closing rate even more. Had the 18 and 22 never gotten side by side on that final lap, the finish would have been 22, 11 and 18 1-2-3.

Not sure if FB needs an eye exam or what but clearly the situation is Hamlin and Legano were racing for that win. It just so happens they have a significant, fresh history and while that may have had some bearing on the situration, if Legano's car was that of someone elses, the situation would've been the same. Legano had a faster car with older, more worn tires. By the time they got next to each other there, the grip on Leganos tires just couldn't keep up with demands and he slid high, got into Hamlin and the unfortunate happened. This goes on 20+x a year in NASCAR. When its the end of the run and end of the race the tires have had it and they're going for the win, things can and will happen. This is one of those things. Legano may not be liked by many, but he isn't going to publically wish harm on anyone on national TV. Had he known about the seriousness of Hamlins situation, I'm sure that comment may have been different. MAY have been. Kyle Busch passed the two of them after they had to get out of it to prevent a crash which inevidably didn't work. Legano, Busch and Hamlin all had cars capable of winning that race. It was a race of attrition. It is my opinion that if Legano had newer tires he would've taken that win. His car was the strongest of the 3.

As for Tony Stewart, the guy is a total jackass. He has blocked countless times especially when trying to win a race. That guy will do anything to win a race and he was just mad that someone put the kibash on him stealing that one. He should wear diapers if hes going to piss himself every time something like that happens. These cars are so close now, there will be LOTS of that sort of stuff going on.

Hats off to the Penske Motorsports team, they are on the right track and are making Roush look like the beginners this year.

• Like 1