New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

Joe771476

New light & medium duty news

A Chevy dealer I drove by in Whitehall NY today had 4 of the Chevy version of the Isuzu NPR chassis cab on their lot.

Finally justice is served!!!  Sometimes the pic shows up right at the beginning.  If it doesn't, just scroll all the way to the very end!  Bob R. will be happy!  Also, check out some "strange and funny looking buses" links on youtube.  Really interesting stuff!  One link has a pretty blue Ford C-series tractor hauling a trailer bus.

Top 20 Acidentes Com Caminhões Caçamba | #VaiTombar | #FailCompilation - YouTube

Wow! Did you read the second paragraph in that Reuters GM article that selling heavy duty trucks translates or trickles down to tons of smaller vehicle sales!!??  That's what I've been saying for 10 years now! 

3 hours ago, Joe771476 said:

Finally justice is served!!!  Sometimes the pic shows up right at the beginning.  If it doesn't, just scroll all the way to the very end!  Bob R. will be happy!  Also, check out some "strange and funny looking buses" links on youtube.  Really interesting stuff!  One link has a pretty blue Ford C-series tractor hauling a trailer bus.

Top 20 Acidentes Com Caminhões Caçamba | #VaiTombar | #FailCompilation - YouTube

Dump truck 101-Rule 1.  Make sure you are on solid ground. Rule 2-Be sure tail gate is unlocked.

14 hours ago, lfeg said:

A Chevy dealer I drove by in Whitehall NY today had 4 of the Chevy version of the Isuzu NPR chassis cab on their lot.

Your post prompted me to do a search in Albany area looking for a Ford dealer who was stocking mediums-in the old days it was Orange Motors- They are gone and I could not find one who had anything other than a 550!

Wow! Did you read the second paragraph in that Reuters GM article that selling heavy duty trucks translates or trickles down to tons of smaller vehicle sales!!??  That's what I've been saying for 10 years now! 

I did and I recall your frequent posts to that effect.

Also did you note....Ford executives say they have no special plans to counter GM's expanded truck portfolio. "We're just going to do what we always do," said John Ruppert, Ford's general manager for commercial vehicle sales.

How dumb or arrogant can you be?

Does it benefit dealers that sell medium trucks or do you mean GM as a whole? Not every dealership gets to sell medium duty trucks.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:06 AM, Bob Rosadini said:

Your post prompted me to do a search in Albany area looking for a Ford dealer who was stocking mediums-in the old days it was Orange Motors- They are gone and I could not find one who had anything other than a 550!

When I dove by on Friday, there were six at a display lot, two box trucks added. The dealer is Hometown Chevy. It seem that mediums are a regional thing - either there is an aggressive dealer in the mediums, or just several who will do a medium if a customer specifically asks, and maybe have one of the larger mediums on the lot.