Tracking MKZ Hybrid Mileage

Ok fellow Z enthusiasts, here is the spot to track your Hybrid fuel scores!!!

Here is my first, I will update these on a weekly basis. Remember we want your lifetime scores!!

attachicon.gifTanner MKZ H Lifetime.jpg

Hey Tanner -

would you mind and post pics of the dashboard gauge displays .... I've heard rumors there are drastic differences between the hybrid and non-hybrid versions; Is the hybrid set of gauges completely digitally rendered? Is anything left behind once the car is turned off?

Regards -

John

BTW - 96% brake score ..... that's pretty impressive!

The hybrid displays are basically the same as the 2013 MKS/MKT/MKX, with 2 4.2" LCD displays on either side of an analog speedometer. There is a physical needle on the speedometer as opposed to the digital needle on the 2013 MKZ gas gauges.

Hey Tanner -

would you mind and post pics of the dashboard gauge displays .... I've heard rumors there are drastic differences between the hybrid and non-hybrid versions; Is the hybrid set of gauges completely digitally rendered? Is anything left behind once the car is turned off?

Regards -

John

BTW - 96% brake score ..... that's pretty impressive!

Suggest you watch the You tube videos available from the Lincoln Owner site. They do a good job of going through each instrumentation cluster much better than I could do. So my understanding and I could be wrong is that the on the non hybrid cars, there is a speedometer and a tach and in between there is a configurable screen with a variety of settings I thought?

Suggest you watch the You tube videos available from the Lincoln Owner site. They do a good job of going through each instrumentation cluster much better than I could do. So my understanding and I could be wrong is that the on the non hybrid cars, there is a speedometer and a tach and in between there is a configurable screen with a variety of settings I thought?

Thanks Tanner -

I didnt even know this videos were out there .....

Exactly what I was looking for ... and yes (Comparing the 2) gas vs. hybrid are totally different displays!

John

• 4 weeks later...

going around 70 on flat surface, the car gets around 35 to 38. I have noticed that even though EV can not run over 62 mpg, i have watched the battery indication and it does show ev boosts above 62. The car seems to do well at higher speeds although the engine is a bit loud at higher RPM's.

What are you guys seeing with highway driving in the 65-75 MPH range?

Mine isn't really through the break in period. I was seeing low 30s on highway speeds on flats. I'm pleased with my numbers so far. Of course I was getting 20 mpg in my previous car. :)

What are you guys seeing with highway driving in the 65-75 MPH range?

Ok not quite the speed range you were asking for but ...

I did a 300 mile run yesterday (PA to MD) [150 miles each way] .....

Adaptive cruise control was on at all times and set continually from anywhere from 62 to 72 and I ended up averaging 41.4 for the day ....

although because I am also still in a self-imposed break in period .... I really did not get the car above 75 more then 3-4 times the whole trip ....

Quick non-MPG question: how is the acceleration on the hybrid??

Keep in mind the Hybrid Z is a CVT tranny with a 4-cylinder .... the acceleration is not as good as you would have with a V6 but then you wouldn't expect that.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd probably rate the hybrid's acceleration at a solid 6 .... (above average for other V4's I've driven over the last few years)

if you are looking at the hybrid, it is because your first concern is to maximize fuel efficiency .... if you don't care that much ... I think I'd go with the V4 EcoBoost engine (skip the V6)

I drove both - and I liked the EcoBoost better than the V6 ... the V6 felt a little underwhelming in comparison to other cars in the same class that I test drove.

For me - I can not justify a AWD V6 which only adverts 18/26 MPG (when 3/4 of my driving is city)

Got a question guys:

On my hybrid(i assume the other models have it as well) I have a selection that I can change from sport, to normal, to comfort. I am assuming that this selection is only related to the ride of the car, and has nothing to do with making the acceleration more peppy if I chose sport. Is that right?

Got a question guys:

On my hybrid(i assume the other models have it as well) I have a selection that I can change from sport, to normal, to comfort. I am assuming that this selection is only related to the ride of the car, and has nothing to do with making the acceleration more peppy if I chose sport. Is that right?

Quoting the Product guide:

Normal: The default drive setting. Normal represents the signature Lincoln DNA. It is carefully tuned to offer the least amount of compormise between performance and comfort.

Comfort: In this setting, the suspension is tuned for less travel over road irregularities, and the steering is more relaxed, resulting in a smooth drive.

Sport: In the Sport setting, the driver has a more connected feel with the road, thanks to the responsive powertrain, tighter-tuned suspension and firmer steering.

There you go, wish there was some where on the net I could have cut and paste.

Quoting the Product guide:

Normal: The default drive setting. Normal represents the signature Lincoln DNA. It is carefully tuned to offer the least amount of compormise between performance and comfort.

Comfort: In this setting, the suspension is tuned for less travel over road irregularities, and the steering is more relaxed, resulting in a smooth drive.

Sport: In the Sport setting, the driver has a more connected feel with the road, thanks to the responsive powertrain, tighter-tuned suspension and firmer steering.

There you go, wish there was some where on the net I could have cut and paste.

Some feedback on this .....

I drove the first 500 miles or so on the default "Normal" mode ..... my dealer had most of his Zs tuned to "comfort" for test drives.

After 500 miles though I did change it to "Sport"; the steering is a little tighter and firmer, the handling a little rougher (in a good way).

Not sure which one I'm going to stick with for everyday driving ...

For me "Comfort" was a little too "floaty" and the steering was really very fluid (effortless) (perhaps in a negative way)

Just my 2 cents ....