Ford may sell Land Rover, Jaguar

I do agree with much of what you're saying, my only complaint that continues to linger is sheetmetal sharing between Ford and Lincoln. If Ford is truly going to call Lincoln a luxury brand then the sharing of sheetmetal (i.e. the visible exterior components) has to stop.

guess you never seen a Lexus or Infinity for that matter...they share sheetmetal with their Nissan and Toyada brethern.

Just another attempt to tell half the story Richard. You forgot to add the part about how Jaguar is fully 9 places below the industry average. So just pointing out how this crappy car is ahead of other crappy cars doesn't make the case.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...PDATE/608090446

How they ranked

The 2006 study measures how many problems occurred per 100 vehicles for each auto brand.

1. Lexus, 136

2. Mercury, 151

3. Buick, 153

4. Cadillac, 163

5. Toyota, 179

6. Acura, 184

7. Honda, 194

8. Jaguar, 210

9. BMW, 212

10. Infiniti, 215

11. Lincoln, 220

12. Ford, 224

13. Oldsmobile, 224

Industry average, 227

Guest Sixcav

LOL, It's still only half the story Richie. In your pasting frenzy perhaps you should have included the following from your little Detroit News article.

The 2006 study is based on responses from 47,620 original owners of 2003 model-year cars and trucks.

That's one model year spread over 37 brands. Let me save you the math, that's a maximum of 1287 owners per brand. You figure in how many cars Jaguar sales and you really don't have an accurate view of that company's reliability overall. The numbers are therefore even more skewed from companies like Ford and GM. Ford sells a few hundred thousand vehicles in a year. This poll selects 1287 of them at most and tries to present an overall number based on that. That's about as scientific as trying to describe the landscape by looking at it through a straw fixed in a vise. Try something else. Ford should sell Jaguar, that's it.

LOL, It's still only half the story Richie. In your pasting frenzy perhaps you should have included the following from your little Detroit News article.

That's one model year spread over 37 brands. Let me save you the math, that's a maximum of 1287 owners per brand. You figure in how many cars Jaguar sales and you really don't have an accurate view of that company's reliability overall. The numbers are therefore even more skewed from companies like Ford and GM. Ford sells a few hundred thousand vehicles in a year. This poll selects 1287 of them at most and tries to present an overall number based on that. That's about as scientific as trying to describe the landscape by looking at it through a straw fixed in a vise. Try something else. Ford should sell Jaguar, that's it.

Yeah. Statistical sampling is all hokum and puffery. That's why most of the polls leading up to the 2004 election showed John Kerry winning by 20%.