No Easy Answers

C1 Focus does not look like the c170 Focus that like saying the Mz3 looks like the protege.

It looks too much like the C170, IMO. For Ford to get a fresh start with the Focus, they need something that's a more dramatic departure than the cleaner lines and flatter surfaces of the C1.

Their Focus

2006_focus.jpg

Our Focus

ford_focus_zx3s_2006_exterior_2_346x270.jpg

Now obviously, you and I can see that there IS a difference, but I don't think it's enough to dispel popular opinion that this is a crap car.

Edited by RichardJensen

I must be one of the few that thinks the current Focus looks quite nice. I'm not impressed by the design of the C1 Focus, but it is an incremental improvement. The C1 Focus reletive to the competition in Europe doesn't look oustanding either. Ford EU and Ford NA are extremely conservative brands in their respective marketplaces, if not THE most conservative. I don't think many buy Fords for their design, they buy them primarily for their value. If the car is moderately attractively, then it's easy to sell if you offer a well rounded package at a good price.

It looks too much like the C170, IMO. For Ford to get a fresh start with the Focus, they need something that's a more dramatic departure than the cleaner lines and flatter surfaces of the C1.

Their Focus

2006_focus.jpg

Our Focus

ford_focus_zx3s_2006_exterior_2_346x270.jpg

Now obviously, you and I can see that there IS a difference, but I don't think it's enough to dispel popular opinion that this is a crap car.

In person the the EU is a complete design not the rehash of the 90% newedge with 15% ford 500.

Don't you think the public is smart enough to tell the difference?

WKA2006071328476_pv.jpg

WKA2006062128221_pv.jpg

Nonetheless the interior genrations ahead of the old.

Any cheepening of the platform to meet the needs of N.A, must not cause a lose of saels in any of the more important markets C1 is sold, europe and asia. if you feel you have to cheapen the car so much you need to focus more on increasing the price in the US. somewhere above the 10k your charging now.

I know it not easy but nothing worth doing ever is .