Ford & Lincoln at NAIAS 2013

Ford will probably show off the passenger (wagon) version of the Transit. I really hope the Edge and MKX come out for the 2014 model year or else Ford will have a pretty "carry-on" year with only new commercial vehicles and the updated Fiesta. I have heard that as with the MKZ, Detroit will get the "concept" MK-Escape and the New York show will get the production version.

The 2015 model year will be extremelly busy for Ford, even if the Edge and MKX turn out to be 2014 model years.
-2015 F-150

-2015 Mustang

Possible: 2015 Taurs, 2015 Expedition, etc

The reality is that this is going to be a very light year for Ford releases with no major new products outside of the commercial vans. 2014 will be another busy year, with the debuts of the 2015 Mustang, F-150, and Edge.

Even Lincoln doesn't have a tremendous amount going on either, but the MKC will probably be their most important debut to date. Keep in mind that Lincoln had a busy 2012/2013 with a new MKS, MKT, and MKZ. And Ford touched virtually everything for the 2013 MY, even the Mustang and F-150. You don't see that much activity at Ford all in-one year very often. The last time that happened was 1992.

Edited by BORG

The reality is that this is going to be a very light year for Ford releases

I don't really see an issue with that though. There really hasn't been much softening in sales in too many model lines. Even ones that are getting a little older now like the Edge are still showing consistently robust sales.

I think the relative newness of the Escape and Fusion should be plenty to carry them through 2013.

I look forward to hearing if any different power train options are offered or planned for offer onthe MKC vs what exists on the Escape. 2.7EB? Hybrid or PHEV?

Since this is a concept I expect a 2.7L EB and a hybrid and/or phev version and the new 8 speed automatic.

Ford's show lineup still seems thin to me so I hope there's something we haven't heard about yet. I think a "design direction" concept that dosen't directly preview any model would be a good idea.

well... I was thinking maybe a really-conceptual-Concept of the next S-Max might be shown...

Ford's show lineup still seems thin to me so I hope there's something we haven't heard about yet. I think a "design direction" concept that dosen't directly preview any model would be a good idea.

I don't know. Mulally has expressed dislike for such concepts in the past, so I wouldn't see any big push for such a concept.

I would like Lincoln to throw out a rwd sedan concept just to have everyone foaming at the mouth. The fall out would last the entire year..

I don't know. With the Mustang still being another year-plus out, I would think it safe to assume that a production version for Lincoln would drop even further behind that. The press and public may foam for a month or two, but then the complaints of "where is it?" would start to surface.

I don't know. With the Mustang still being another year-plus out, I would think it safe to assume that a production version for Lincoln would drop even further behind that. The press and public may foam for a month or two, but then the complaints of "where is it?" would start to surface.

See:

lincoln-mkr-concept.jpg

Edited by PREMiERdrum