2015 F150 Rumors

http://www.f150forum.com/f2/2014-f-150-coded-p552-187918/

Quoted "The latest information regarding the new 2014 or maybe 2015 F-150 was announced this morning. It looks like we'll see the addition of 2 new engines and quite a few nice features we've all been waiting for.

-Heated Steering wheel

-Extensive use of Aluminum

-multi contour seats like the SHO/MKS

-360 degree camera

-Active park assist

-LED box lighting

-tailgate dampener

-box with storage for ramps

-remote unlocking tailgate

-LED headlamps

-Active grille shutters

-stop start technology

-AND MORE...

As far as engines the 5.0L v8 and the 3.5L ecoboost are here to stay and are rumored to have increased fuel economy ratings along with more towing capacity thanks to the use of aluminum. They will be joined by a 2.7L V6 ecoboost 320hp/375 ft/lbs and a 3.5 N/A entry level v6 280hp/250 ft/lbs.

For those of you wanting a 6.2l V8 now is your time to go out and get one or order one before they are a thing of the past.

I wanted to share this with you guys first and we're looking forward to what the next generation of F-150's have in store for us.

-509-FORD"

• Like 3

http://www.f150forum.com/f2/2014-f-150-coded-p552-187918/

Quoted "The latest information regarding the new 2014 or maybe 2015 F-150 was announced this morning. It looks like we'll see the addition of 2 new engines and quite a few nice features we've all been waiting for.

-Heated Steering wheel

-Extensive use of Aluminum

-multi contour seats like the SHO/MKS

-360 degree camera

-Active park assist

-LED box lighting

-tailgate dampener

-box with storage for ramps

-remote unlocking tailgate

-LED headlamps

-Active grille shutters

-stop start technology

-AND MORE...

As far as engines the 5.0L v8 and the 3.5L ecoboost are here to stay and are rumored to have increased fuel economy ratings along with more towing capacity thanks to the use of aluminum. They will be joined by a 2.7L V6 ecoboost 320hp/375 ft/lbs and a 3.5 N/A entry level v6 280hp/250 ft/lbs.

For those of you wanting a 6.2l V8 now is your time to go out and get one or order one before they are a thing of the past.

I wanted to share this with you guys first and we're looking forward to what the next generation of F-150's have in store for us.

-509-FORD"

Great info! Interesting...the 2.7L with similar HP/Torque numbers to the 5.4 at half the size!

We all know it will be a 2015 though, so it makes me wonder about the numbers since the "source" doesn't even know the year.

• Like 1

I wonder why the switch to the 3.5 away from the 3.7...

(geez, where is my English today?)

"If" they switched to an 8 speed transmission, and "if" they actually did lighten the truck up, a 3.5 NA might turn some better FE than the 3.7, and give the same performance as the current truck with the 3.7. Just a guess...

• Like 2

I wonder why the switch to the 3.5 away from the 3.7...

(geez, where is my English today?)

3.5 is an eco boost, I dont think the base 3.7 is going anywhere.....pretty sweet engine truth be told. I wouldnt be surprized if the 3.5 regular went away alltogether and the 3.7 ends up in the Edge and Explorer....2.7 sounds AWESOME...

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

2.7 EB would seem to have broad application in everything above Focus/Escape to F150.

I think it will be the engine that defines Ecoboost and something few competitors will match.

The expansions at the Ford Essex Plant in Ontario are interesting, if they are not to increase

production of the 5.0 V8, maybe we are going to see a new SD engine that eliminates the need

for the 6.2 V8 and the 6.8 V10......maybe a 72 degree 6.2 V10 loosely based on Coyote architecture?

An engine that would also make the current "Raptor" engine look very ordinary..

Edited by jpd80

what....when you are pushing it?

Precisely! :)

What exactly is a tailgate dampener? Does that allow you to just pop it open and it will fall down slowly by itself, similar to the way a hatch opens? Originally I was just thinking the torsion spring that makes it "lighter", but since it already has that, I guess we are talking gas struts to let it slowly open on its own. Neat idea, I guess.

EDIT: Seeing that it has remote unlocking tailgate, I'm betting you can actually have it open the tailgate with the remote as well. It wouldn't take much more to just have it pop the latch. Now, I'm liking the idea even more.

Edited by fordmantpw

Precisely! :)

What exactly is a tailgate dampener? Does that allow you to just pop it open and it will fall down slowly by itself, similar to the way a hatch opens? Originally I was just thinking the torsion spring that makes it "lighter", but since it already has that, I guess we are talking gas struts to let it slowly open on its own. Neat idea, I guess.

EDIT: Seeing that it has remote unlocking tailgate, I'm betting you can actually have it open the tailgate with the remote as well. It wouldn't take much more to just have it pop the latch. Now, I'm liking the idea even more.

I'm thinking the dampener is like you say, if you pop it open it will fall slowly by itself. The remote unlocking I believe would just be for locking and unlocking (I wondered when that would come around), not a power liftgate-type release, at least that's my assumption.

I'm thinking the dampener is like you say, if you pop it open it will fall slowly by itself. The remote unlocking I believe would just be for locking and unlocking (I wondered when that would come around), not a power liftgate-type release, at least that's my assumption.

I'm thinking remote lock/unlock with the regular door lock, but another button to pop the tailgate. Wouldn't be difficult to do, since you've already got the lock/unlock mechanism in place.

I'm thinking remote lock/unlock with the regular door lock, but another button to pop the tailgate. Wouldn't be difficult to do, since you've already got the lock/unlock mechanism in place.

I can just see some guy standing there pushing the button to drop the tailgate and it not working and he just continues to push the button trying to make it work instead of walking over and doing it manually.

Like when the tv remote control stops working. Stupid men. :)

• Like 2

Lots of neat features. Love the LED bed lighting, the tailgate dampener (like others, I assume a power tailgate is easily done and probably not far behind) and the storage for ramps. Probably some grumbling by some about the softening of the truck, but if Ford can sell a Platinum w/ these new features for 50k and minimal incentives (say, $1-2k instead of the absurd incentives I see today on some GMCs), then that's excellent.