***GUIDE*** HID Install 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

nmadole

I have completed my HID Install on my 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Here is the link to the guide I made (with pictures)

http://fusionhybridmpg.blogspot.com/2013/01/hid-install-special-post.html

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

***Need to adjust Fog light position*** (one side has a shim, the other does not)

lights.jpg

Edited by nmadole

Thanks for the guide.

Just a few questions:

What HID kit did you use? Did the HID bulbs fit in the H11 socket without issues (I had trouble with a few kits)? How did you route the cables for the passenger side?

I used DDM Tuning H11 35W 5000K w/ wiring harness. The tabs are perfect. The bulbs come with a shim and grommet .. for the fogs I had to remove both the shim and grommet (the just slide off) and then they fit. Low beam just required some elbow grease to get them to turn/lock. I ran the wiring harness across the front of the engine bay (following windshield washer fluid line) then directly to low beam and down along side the reservoir for the fog

I know these pics are terrible but I will try to get some better ones soon

HID and Fogs

IMG_0353_zps0496dd88.jpg

Hids Fogs and Highbeams

IMG_0354_zps295eb36b.jpg

Side view of Fog coverage

IMG_0349_zps40e90019.jpg

Front view (sorry for the terrible exposure) lows and fogs

IMG_0361_zps3f2def77.jpg

Front view (sorry for the terrible exposure) lows and fogs and high beams

IMG_0363_zpsd89cb77b.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just put in my LED parking bulbs also, same as Wizard. Looks great. Yes, the whole grill needs to come off and make sure to look for 2 bolts under the headlight assembly, these need to come out also to remove the headlamp.

I think the LED parking bulbs made the most distinctive change to the car, I am so glad I changed them!

Can't wait to do mine. Just waiting on the relay harness for the HIDs. I changed my reverse and trunk bulbs to LEDs, looks better. IMO (in my opinion). Still can't get the damn puddle lights out. Those things will just not budge. I want to replace those too.

Here's a YouTube video on removing the puddle lights.

This is a very simple process and I've done it once on a Mercury Sable.

Edited by hermans

Just put in my LED parking bulbs also, same as Wizard. Looks great. Yes, the whole grill needs to come off and make sure to look for 2 bolts under the headlight assembly, these need to come out also to remove the headlamp.
I think the LED parking bulbs made the most distinctive change to the car, I am so glad I changed them!
This is the bulb in the same reflector and just above the high beam bulb, right? What size is that bulb? I can't find it in the manual. Also what size are the license plate bulbs and reverse light bulbs? Edited by rkan

OK a few questions. I'd like to put HID in my Fusion Titanium.

1. Is DDM Tuning the best place to get HID kits?
  2. How the heck can I tell which HID kit I will need? There appears to be over a dozen to select from on the DDM website.
  3. What does it cost to replace the Headlamps and the Fog Lamps?
  4. Will they look as good as stock or with that look aftermarket (blue-ish)?
  5. What is the best bulb color to get? 5000k ?
  6. I'd like the bulb color to match that on my 2013 Ford Explorer. How can I tell what stock bulb color the Explorer uses?
  7. Does Ford typically use the same bulb color on a HID's across their model lines?

Just replaced the halogen headlight bulbs to HIDs today. Really wasn't all that bad to do. Looks a lot better.

Installed the DDM Tuning kit, 6000K bulbs with wiring harness. Also replaced the running bulbs to LEDs.

No cars flashing me.

Thanks to nmadole for the post.

Can you tell me where you got the LED bulbs for the rear and front running lights? Can you provide the exact model # and costs too? Thanks.