Big profitting share checks comming up.

niteeyes

Your mind is failing you Ktp 1989. The highest average check in the 1990s, was in 1999 at $8,000.

http://media.ford.co...article_id=7632

Back in the 90's there wasn't a cap on the payouts of Profit Sharing...the more you made, the more you got and all skilled trades got large checks...The average checks may have been 8000k but I have check stubs between 12-14k for 1999 and 2000! Mind very clear....clear on the fact that we now have a cap on our profit sharing!

Edited by Ktp1989
  • Like 1

You must be in maintenance, because I never made that much, and I work all I can. I don't think the cap will affect most of us, except those in maintenance the next few years, but we shall see.

Yes I am in skilled trades...and I think the cap is a joke...they don't want to give us guaranteed raises but then want to cap the profit sharing. That cap will affect everyone because in the future they will being making large profits with the 2 tier wages and no retirements and very few benefits. Why else would they want a cap on it

The Cap is a JOKE.  With averages working towards 8K,  I can easily see profits raising well above what the cap would earn.  Annual profits are now in the 8 Billion range...going above 12 Billion is not only doable, but at the current rate of growth, easily achevable in the next few years.  Once that happens,  we are capped at the first 12 Billion in profits  instead of the actual profits made.  

Profit sharing should be on based on ALL profits...not just part of them. Lets be real, FORD sees this growth happening...otherwise they would not have needed to cap it.

Edited by trailfndr

If you voted yes on the contact, stop complaining about the cap. It was in there for a reason. Ford knew profits would be big with VEBA off the books.

Not speaking for anyone else...but did not vote for this contract...never have/never will. Imagine what Fords profits will be in the next 10 years once they become debt free? Prob would have seen 20k profit sharing checks! Guess I'll have to make all my $ on the stock...because it should go way up with the shit contracts our union threatens our workers to vote for.

I work trades at DTP and I am on a 'jury-rigged' night shift that starts at 6:30 pm lasts 12 hours until 6:30 am and its called afternoons so I only get 5% shift premium.This profit sharing check is like giving me the additional 5% shift premium back I would already be earning if I worked mid-nights at a different Ford Plant.What a disaster.Who negotiated this,Bob King?I know,I am lucky to have any kind of a J-O-B man!

• Like 1

I work trades at DTP and I am on a 'jury-rigged' night shift that starts at 6:30 pm lasts 12 hours until 6:30 am and its called afternoons so I only get 5% shift premium.This profit sharing check is like giving me the additional 5% shift premium back I would already be earning if I worked mid-nights at a different Ford Plant.What a disaster.Who negotiated this,Bob King?I know,I am lucky to have any kind of a J-O-B man!

That 630 is some bs...company wants these bs shifts and the union caves in on the 7pm start...wow!

You mean until your boy Obama gets a hold of it.

From the looks of it as of now your weekly paycheck is going to be less also. Estimated at our pay to be aroung 1600 less take home a year, or roughly 30 a week. Thanks for helping out the "MIDDLE CLASS" Obama.

From the looks of it as of now your weekly paycheck is going to be less also. Estimated at our pay to be aroung 1600 less take home a year, or roughly 30 a week. Thanks for helping out the "MIDDLE CLASS" Obama.

Do you people who are blaming Obama lack the ability to remember back four years? The reason that your taxes are going up is because the temporary payroll tax cut that Obama enacted four years ago is expiring! This is the tax that funds social security and the 2% cut was never intended to be permanent. You never would have had that roughly $30 extra per week in the first place if Obama hadn't cut the FICA rate! If you actually work for Ford, it's unbelievable you would insinuate that Obama hasn't helped the middle class when his bailing out GM and Chrysler against Republican opposition almost certainly is the sole reason that Ford still has the ability to give you a paycheck.

• Like 1

Do you people who are blaming Obama lack the ability to remember back four years? The reason that your taxes are going up is because the temporary payroll tax cut that Obama enacted four years ago is expiring! This is the tax that funds social security and the 2% cut was never intended to be permanent. You never would have had that roughly $30 extra per week in the first place if Obama hadn't cut the FICA rate! If you actually work for Ford, it's unbelievable you would insinuate that Obama hasn't helped the middle class when his bailing out GM and Chrysler against Republican opposition almost certainly is the sole reason that Ford still has the ability to give you a paycheck.

Then where is this tax cut he likes to speak of?

Enough with the he saved Ford BS. Think about what you are saying. Better yet since you can see the future and know what happens under different scenarios tell me this. You say if Bush and Obama didn't bailout GM and Chrysler the whole auto industry would have fallen right? Would we be back to the horse and buggy days, afterall there would be no auto industry.

• Like 1

Hey now, there should be some grief for the repubs too in that short rant.

Enough with the he saved Ford BS. Think about what you are saying. Better yet since you can see the future and know what happens under different scenarios tell me this. You say if Bush and Obama didn't bailout GM and Chrysler the whole auto industry would have fallen right? Would we be back to the horse and buggy days, afterall there would be no auto industry.

Now if anyone is interested that right there is a classic case of a straw man.

I don't believe that anyone here thinks that the auto industry would have shriveled up and blown away. Your distorting what he's saying. There a number of variables involved when major players of the same industry go through a normal business bankruptcy, like pensions being taken over by the Pension Guarantee Corp, interconnected tier 1 & 2 suppliers going bankrupt and the eventual contractual reworkings of said companies all of which would have been bad for the Auto industry, our area and the nation. We have discussed this a number of times, but Ford Motor was preparing for a mass layoff if the bailouts did not come through as they anticipated supplier issues, the UAW expected future contracts to include more concessions as GM contracts would be much worse under a traditional bankruptcy and thus Ford would put pressure on them for competitive language in theirs.

Now could we say that in 10 or so years Ford may have been in a stroinger position without the bailouts? It's quite possible, but since we don't know the future we have to stick with the simple reality that they worked and Ford is a good position and making profits, the midwest is doing better and as such there's no reason to knock them based of ideals or guessing at the future.

• Like 1

You've enjoyed this tax cut he speaks of for the past two years. I never did think it made much sense to cut the amount put into social security while, at the same time, worry about social security going broke in the future.

• Like 1

KTP1989 It was ruled by the NLRB that the UAW negotiated in collusion with the company to undercut a contract that the teamsters had to transport vehicles from KTP.Ford dropped the teamsters and hired another company.The NLRB wants the teamsters jobs reinstated.I guess I aint the only one who gets screwed!