A New Low at Chicago Assembly!

roadhog

I normally use the computer for practical reasons, so I am capable of using a computer. Also, I too have seniority. I just don't think my seniority gives me some special insight on every topic being discussed.

Actually, anyone that has worked here for a couple of years can see what goes on with the company and the union.

Anyway, carry on, soldier!

Sir, Skildtraydz Sir. Sir, I agree with your insight, the soldier will carry on, Sir.

By your responce I feel we are in the same battle group. Maybe not the same tacical support group but the same objectives.

Back to the topic,

There is a lot of talk and long discussions on why so many candidates don`t want to have a question and answer forum. It seem the membership has moved on from the tipical "here, read this" or finding the papers (unsigned) on the tables in the morning stating "they said or did you hear". The standing in the "Tube smiling and shaking hands" by these conversations is getting pretty out dated also....

The membership can put it on the floor, at a meeting, to have a "meet and greet" right at the hall. Something like 2 hours, the Education committee could moderate, guild lines set in place prior, those wishing to be involved or not have that oppsion, kiss a baby or two.....

To the question of why "they" don`t want to let the membership know and understand "thier" points of interest, background, knowledge of the issues or experience in the position "they" are running for? My responce has been, I really don`t know. It seems to me to be a great opportunity to sell the candidate to the membership, face to face.

IMO.....

Decker

Decker

Edited by Decker

Walking through the plant today I heard one topic that the membership was talking about and it was why the 2 Skilled Trades reps and C-Crew Unit voted against having debates that were proposed at the Union Meeting. I for one always have complained that it is impossible to get a real picture of candidates by reading leaflets they hand out. Multiple members were showing text they got from the C-Crew Unit and C Crew Paint district rep telling them to vote no on the debate. All this adds up for me to a group of candidates that want the top spots but avoiding the tough questions about if they are compentent enough to handle what the jobs entails.

• Like 1

Most of us thought the Health and Safety pick that happened with our President picking a member with 7 months seniority was over. I found out today that the matter is with the NLRB now and they are demanding all internal documents from the UAW and Company. Most of us thought there was collusion due to the fact the pick of our Chairman was not liked by the company. This should get interesting to see how high up this goes, possibly to the President's office. We were all laughing that our Chairman put out thousands of letters spelling out how this was illegal and all the NLRB has to due is go to our Local website under the Chairmans page. On another topic our President and Vice President U coded up to 100 members for a trip to Atlanta, many of the members are on C-Crew and have already started driving to Atlanta. They U coded 25% of the IP line in Trim. So needless to say the company kicked it out and now all these memers that thought they were getting a trip under the U code will be coming back to AWOL's. The way I have seen members fired left and right for attendance our President and Vice President are going to have some explaining to do. I am sure the auditors are going to be even busier than they already were!

What is happening?

Is there a melt down in progress?

Let me back up just a little, ...we here at CAP have seen over the years the typical Chicago politic`s and have become pretty much aware of how the shit (politic`s) is played. I mean really all the promises (hollow at best) and the "support mechanism", he or she is a good guy or gal because, they said or I`ve heard he or she is one of us...

Then the "team work" Chicago style. A group of core team members, sit together and figure out who has the best popularity and how to plug them into the "team". You know, the fill all the slot`s of the "team", "slate" or "ticket". Doesn`t matter about abilities or experience no way just the "face" and the "popularity", all to "benefit" the "team".

In the past, there have been this team or that team, winning or losing these teams had one thing in common, "WINNING". Making things better for or working for the membership through the experience brough by the "team members"..... naaaa just the ..."WINNING"

Then if the "teams" don`t have room for your way of thinking or the way you plan on doing the business of "winning"... Make your own "team", remember the group of "Independent" members that formed the "team of Independent Members"? (independent? team? anyway...) Take back or give back the union and win with the independent team.

Ok, back to the first question.... what is happening? Where are the "Teams"? We are 7 or so weeks away from the election? So far just one team? The last election had teams, one team had members so sure they had the right members they were doing the we got this... smiling and shaking hands thing by now. Then the run off and four of the last teams members sign a letter talking about another "team member" as if the world would come to a certain end if their "team member" didn`t win!!!

The last race had "team members" really close, tight and on the same page. This race, the team is? close?, tight? or even on the same page? It seems one of the team members that signed the letter of endorsement up and retires. Then there is another signer of the endorsement (the activist?) this team member has been busy with all the work to keep his spot on the Workers Caravan conference calls. So busy he missed the fact that our general fund was short of funds and continued to write checks. But, thats ok because this team member took one for the team by paying out of his pocket for the over draft charges. Also this paying out of pocket (when shortages are exposed) makes everything ok... because the activist and another team member split the cost of the lost or misplaced Great American tickets (any team member call Great America to see if the tickets were used?) and everything was ok. This also works real well with missing CAP tickets, too.

Are the 4 endorsee`s on the team? Working together? on the same page?

Ok my last question.... WHEN DO THE DONUTS GET HERE!!!!!!!????

Decker

Edited by Decker

• 3 weeks later...
Its all gonna get better.The Cubs started playing and this is gonna be the year!Nick and Vito`s pizza still down there around Marquette Park area?My kinda town,born there.

Hey Hey!!!!

How you been Fatso?

Nick`s? not sure, but Marquette Park still has some really good food cooking, in that part of the city. It seems they are going to be fussen about the old ball park for some time. New owner wants..this... :slapfight: roofers want ...that. Fans would like a win...now and then :sad:

As for CAP well.... just when you think it can`t get any more confussing... hurry, move the plant manager (it was said...he will hold people accountable..he is process driven... well maybe in Canada) A replacement ?? not yet. Then the number of managers willing... hell begging to transfer keeps growing. Everyone that thinks they know the CAP process is BAMMM!!! an "Engineer"... only requirement (no diploma needed) is knowing how to access your new e-mail account and putting a really neat signature on the bottom. (Process, New Model, VO, VPT Engineer)

An entertaining moment...

A very "NEW" Process Engineer telling a couple of senior electricains just what they have to do.... :do what: (new process engineer = no electrical back ground)

Then our side of the fence, it`s like free agents in pro sprots. You need to have a game program to be able to figure out who is on first base or who is behind the plate... One of the more popular questions being asked is what team is he or she on now? In the major leagues, they may look at the players stat`s and how they played in the past or if they could even play the position the team had open...before signing the player up. At CAP.... not so much, here we look for the pretty or handsome face, if the popularity meter is above center line and of course... can the player hold his/her own in the mezz when smiling and shaking hands. :hi5: At the same time...

O well... of the three different games... CAP Management, Local 551 or my Cub`s it is all pretty much all the same. Except with my Cub`s very few times has a team member forgot which bench to go to after the third out....or walked up to the plate holding the wrong end of the bat.....

Sittin in left field, dark glasses on with an ice cold ($6) coke in hand, smiling after taking another sip of Jack and watchin a certain little blonde cutie havin a good time...... all is good ;)

Ahhhh yes, not a job related thought to be had... who`s up? who are we playing? what team is he or she on...? who gives a pooop? PLAY BALL!!!

Someday Fatso, if your in the ball park and see an old long haired (tattoo`s showin) freak, just sittin back behind those dark glasses smiling, just say howdy Decker and I`ll buy dinner in the river north part of town... Wildfire or ?

Decker

1 of the 1788

CUBS WIN!!! CUBS WIN!!!... CAP or 551 ???

Hey Hey!!!!

How you been Fatso?

Nick`s? not sure, but Marquette Park still has some really good food cooking, in that part of the city. It seems they are going to be fussen about the old ball park for some time. New owner wants..this... :slapfight: roofers want ...that. Fans would like a win...now and then :sad:

As for CAP well.... just when you think it can`t get any more confussing... hurry, move the plant manager (it was said...he will hold people accountable..he is process driven... well maybe in Canada) A replacement ?? not yet. Then the number of managers willing... hell begging to transfer keeps growing. Everyone that thinks they know the CAP process is BAMMM!!! an "Engineer"... only requirement (no diploma needed) is knowing how to access your new e-mail account and putting a really neat signature on the bottom. (Process, New Model, VO, VPT Engineer)

An entertaining moment...

A very "NEW" Process Engineer telling a couple of senior electricains just what they have to do.... :do what: (new process engineer = no electrical back ground)

Then our side of the fence, it`s like free agents in pro sprots. You need to have a game program to be able to figure out who is on first base or who is behind the plate... One of the more popular questions being asked is what team is he or she on now? In the major leagues, they may look at the players stat`s and how they played in the past or if they could even play the position the team had open...before signing the player up. At CAP.... not so much, here we look for the pretty or handsome face, if the popularity meter is above center line and of course... can the player hold his/her own in the mezz when smiling and shaking hands. :hi5: At the same time...

O well... of the three different games... CAP Management, Local 551 or my Cub`s it is all pretty much all the same. Except with my Cub`s very few times has a team member forgot which bench to go to after the third out....or walked up to the plate holding the wrong end of the bat.....

Sittin in left field, dark glasses on with an ice cold ($6) coke in hand, smiling after taking another sip of Jack and watchin a certain little blonde cutie havin a good time...... all is good ;)

Ahhhh yes, not a job related thought to be had... who`s up? who are we playing? what team is he or she on...? who gives a pooop? PLAY BALL!!!

Someday Fatso, if your in the ball park and see an old long haired (tattoo`s showin) freak, just sittin back behind those dark glasses smiling, just say howdy Decker and I`ll buy dinner in the river north part of town... Wildfire or ?

Decker

1 of the 1788

CUBS WIN!!! CUBS WIN!!!... CAP or 551 ???

Just curious, what is the plant managers name from Canada?

Just curious, what is the plant managers name from Canada?

His name is Dan something ski...

To listen to the Ontario people that came to help us out with our last launch, he was really good with working with the people both hourly and salaried.

Nice guy I guess, never really came out on the floor much. When he did come out into the plant he looked a little intimated or uneasy. Kinda had that OMG look in his eye`s.

But CAP will do that to the best of them..... he`s out west now KCAP I believe.

Decker

• 2 weeks later...

The equipment is already showing the stress, break down after break down... The human tool`s are showing the true signs of stress too....

Got us a new plant manager today.... coming from OAP. Let me guess, he`s process driven and holds people accountable....

With short hours, get ready for the SUPER`s they are coming....

Decker

OAP? Oakville? Decker, it's going...lol I remember when Dan Jowiski was at our plant. Meh....but that was a long time ago. We're in the same boat with our body shop. It's going to be a struggle but we always manage to survive it....keep your chin up my friend!

• Like 1

OAP? Oakville? Decker, it's going...lol I remember when Dan Jowiski was at our plant. Meh....but that was a long time ago. We're in the same boat with our body shop. It's going to be a struggle but we always manage to survive it....keep your chin up my friend!

Oakville most have a plane sitting on the run way waiting to head to CAP...

Will do, Spring.

Decker

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have a classic Regional Servicing Rep who is the Wiley Coyote of the Region here at Chicago Assembly, he puts a letter out the first day of the vote in our local elections giving advice to the Chairman on getting his help in grievances and a new contract. This mental giant was the same one who was at the helm when the plant was on the verge of closing and then, as the Italian Cruise liner captain did he jumped ship. Then months ago he presents a contract to our workers in clean up and gets a whopping 1 vote and that was because the member has limited English speaking ability and thought he was voting against the contract. TT, needs to concentrate and help another plant, giving up our right to strike, our pension, pay raises, agreeing to an elimination of the 8 hour work day, TT can help another plant implement this brilliant plan. I do not know why everyone laughs at Chicago!!!!!!

My nephew was hired on May 30 th and on the 2nd day of voting she told me that the President came in and got a list of the orientation class for the Election Committee. Turns out that over 80 individuals in the class showed up as voting. 2 problems with this fact is that they were not members in good standing with the right to vote as stated in Article 6 Section 4 and the bigger issue is that out of roughly 90 individuals what is the likely hood that 80 went the 1st day to vote when they did not know where the Union Hall was! This could get very interesting as to who and how did these names get submitted and votes counted, it goes from a slip up and a new election to a crime and new election.

Really...... ChiTown?

Your "nephew" (male reference) hired in on May 30, then "she" (female reference) told you the President came in?

If you`re working for an over turned election you`ll have to get the facts correct. The NLRB will work with you by listening to your accusations, then the NLRB will look for the facts in your written (signed) statement.

Fact, the members not the candidates secure (with their vote) the E-Board positions. Yeah, I know about the "team" and the "good ole boy" concept when it comes to the so called influencing of or pulling of votes. But, really... some of the postions that were won did so with just over 500 votes. The "team" or the "good ole boys" could only pull a little over 500 votes? influence?

Fact, there are 4000 or so active members and a very large number of retired members, with the average of 300 to 350 retired votes cast in the past. So we have lets say 4300 possible eligible voters. Now look at the total votes cast, does anyone see the real issue?

People we have become a group of people that work together and pay a monthly fee to do the work. The concept of a membersip in an organization that works for the common good of all is missing. We have become a group that looks for excuses and uses questionable methods to achieve what a small group needs or feels will benefit the small group in the next election. Those not in the small group have become nothing more than the ones that complain for three years, then either listen to those that they have been complaining about and vote for the team or good ole boys..... or just continue complaining without voting.

Solidarity? Only in the very small groups that can see the benefits in influencing the people, that work together and pay to do the work.

Good luck, ChiTown.

Decker

The construction outside the plant is the main reason over 1500 people did not vote. I voted on my day off but anyone that had to make a left turn after the shift was over just didnt want to take the time to go all the way around. I am definitely afraid that these people that didnt go vote are the future of our plant and I hope we make it long enough so that I can get my 30 in and get the hell out.

I agree with the construction being a hinderance, but the question must be asked since the Chairman had the agreement to have the vote at the plant and the Election Committee refused to allow this with backing from the President did the powers that be want the membership to vote in mass or did they want the vote at the Hall and what was their motivatioin? I had many problems with the soon to be former Chairman at the start of his term but when he got his footing that is the precise time the Region, International(Management Team) and Local President pushed for his ouster. Many of us on the floor look at the writting on the wall and starting with a certain Regional Servicing Rep who backed the appointment of a member with 6 months seniority to Health and Safety the race to the bottom is in full gear, it is a must that as a local we fight back! Many of us hold onto the idea that we are the Union but at the IUAW the message and actions are clear that the UAW is a company run organization more worried about hookups then representation. Bob King and the rest of the Executive Board must be elected by the membership as every other Labor Union, if not you get the state of affairs as they are, a non-responsive Monarchy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Let's recap where we are now; a Health and Safety representative that had 6 months seniority was appointed with the approval of Darrly Nolan the AD to Jimmy Settles and the Regional Director Ron McInroy. Now after thousands of Union dollars to train the official Local 551 President Carlo Bishop's pick has been removed and Carlo's dad has been let go at a certain persons brothers scrap yard. Local 551 has a slew of charges pending by the Department of Labor in regards to over 100 people not on active roles voting in our election, a refusal to count ballots, not responding within the mandated 90 day window to charges by members. For Local 551 to ever move past the days of corruption and hooking up family and friends the next few weeks must occur and as the young lady who likes to use the term "aint no fun when the rabbit got the gun" she will find out that a fish gets caught when they open their mouth, well 2 fish opened their mouth so to speak. To the new members please come out to vote again and look at the purging of corruption as a needed part of moving forward!

• Like 1