Ford Recall

I wonder why they didn't include these vehicles in the original recall. :shrug:

you mean 1.2 million right? or did I miss something?

Anyays I read somewhere today that together with all the other recalls on this switch, Ford had to recall about 5 million vehicles.

Igor

I own a '97 F-150 that was recalled last year and a '98 Explorer that should be included this round. I am glad that Ford is recalling these vehicles that are 8 or 9 years old. I had a discussion with my brother-in-law over the glaring safety defects in my wife's '93 Lexus. He said they would never recall a car after a few years old. I told him that Ford recalled my truck after 8 years. He thought about it, and was actually impressed. Now that everyone's doing it, recalls may become good news. I always thought they were. Anyone who thinks the engineering in ANY machine is perfect is kidding themselves. I am glad that Ford cares enough to correct a design that may have looked good at first, but turned out to be mistake. All cars have design elements that can be improved. I wish Lexus would replace my wife's sealed headlights that fill up with water, and the chrome rims that don't hold air because of the defective plating.

This is not the last of the cruise control recalls. ;)

According to the NHTSA it is. The investigation is now closed. They concluded that it wasn't so much the switch that was faulty, but the position in which it was mounted. Seems the recalls have now covered all the Ford vehicles with the switch mounted in this manner.

We shall see.