Bob King and his Cronies should resign

trailfndr

Face it Bob, you gambled OUR future for your own personal glory, and lost. RTW is here, we all know now that the Governor of Michigan WILL sign it, as he stated today. Your ballot proposal was the most idiotic thing any Union official could ever have done. Anyone could see that when it lost, RTW would be on the table before the end of the year, and here it is...

Thank you Mr. King, for destroying the Union movement in our once great State. You sir, are NOT a unionist, you have proven yourself to be a company Ass Kissing SCAB!

You and all of the appointed reps that backed your play need to resign in disgrace for what you have done.

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 1

. Snyder lied. Single handily broke the union.

With a two tier wage and now RTW...what's the point...second tier will force the old regime down and out. 80 years of hard work and brotherhood gone with a group of fools.

Snyder didn't lie, he simply refused to take a position until today. He has never said he would not sign it, just that it was not on his agenda. Well...its surely on his agenda now, and all of us are screwed

\

As for King leading...he wouldn't have a clue how to do that.

trailfindr-it almost seems like Bob King is orchestrating the decline of the UAW.I heard a person make a good point on talk radio,"What is left to bargain for anyways?"I mean a union who allows the company to do whatever it wants is necessary?A union that plays one group against another is necessary?I have never felt 'one' with production workers.I never would even expect production workers to care whatever the company did to me,a tradesperson.This is a union?I work at the one Ford plant that starts a mandatory 12 hour night shift at 6:30 pm so I only get 5% shift premium.The 6:30pm start time was a concession the trades gave to Ford back when times were uncertain.DTP is operating at over 100% capacity and Ford North America is profitable but I cant start at 7pm like other Ford plants do and this is good union negotiating?Seems like pay discrimmination to me.I always said that the union is me and you, the guy working next to me.Right to work probably can become law in Michigan.The change in the union between when I hired in and now is like night and day.Seniority means zilch.Cut a deal,make sure the boss likes you is the way I see most workers going.I was one of the last to walk over the Miller Road overpass.went out of my way to do it just for a connection to history.Yeah,well you dont care about me and I dont care about you is the new mantra!

• Like 2

Bob king really is an idiot. Is he the only one that didn't think his prop was gonna fail? Is he the only one that thought once it did fail there would be no fallout? How many will remove themselves from paying dues to this union?

As bad as things are though, I truly believe that things would be worse without the UAW. I hope all the malcontents are not so shortsighted.

trailfindr-it almost seems like Bob King is orchestrating the decline of the UAW.I heard a person make a good point on talk radio,"What is left to bargain for anyways?"I mean a union who allows the company to do whatever it wants is necessary?A union that plays one group against another is necessary?I have never felt 'one' with production workers.I never would even expect production workers to care whatever the company did to me,a tradesperson.This is a union?I work at the one Ford plant that starts a mandatory 12 hour night shift at 6:30 pm so I only get 5% shift premium.The 6:30pm start time was a concession the trades gave to Ford back when times were uncertain.DTP is operating at over 100% capacity and Ford North America is profitable but I cant start at 7pm like other Ford plants do and this is good union negotiating?Seems like pay discrimmination to me.I always said that the union is me and you, the guy working next to me.Right to work probably can become law in Michigan.The change in the union between when I hired in and now is like night and day.Seniority means zilch.Cut a deal,make sure the boss likes you is the way I see most workers going.I was one of the last to walk over the Miller Road overpass.went out of my way to do it just for a connection to history.Yeah,well you dont care about me and I dont care about you is the new mantra!

You are correct. It should not be so divided. We are all one UAW, but our leadership has destroyed us from within. Its a damned shame Walter Ruether has been rolling in his grave for the past 10 years, over the devestation the union leadership has created and caused to his dream. Even on the production side, Senority doesn't mean much, unity is a buzz word that nevr happens, and union leadership, both in and out of plant, are in it for themselves, and not for US, the membership.

• Like 1

Snyder didn't lie, he simply refused to take a position until today. He has never said he would not sign it, just that it was not on his agenda. Well...its surely on his agenda now, and all of us are screwed

\

As for King leading...he wouldn't have a clue how to do that.

Actually Snyder said on several occasions that he would NOT sign RTW because guess what- it was too decicive! Snyder apparantely got a visit from Grover Norquest this past week that changed his mind. The feds should investigate why such an about face happened in such a short period of time.

Unfortunately, this is just one piece in the race to the bottom our country is going through after decades of lax trade policies, politicians being bought and sold, etc.

This will simply create a domino effect where other Midwestern states will pass RTW. This will create little if any advantage short term for Michigan, especially with a governor as lazy as Snyder that does nothing to attract new business. At the end of the day, all we have to look forward to in this nation is lower wages, less benefits, and a dimmer future for our children.

The national unemployment is 14.7% if you count all those who gave up looking for a job along with those working part-time who want to work full time.If Michigan becomes a right to work state,good luck with striking Ford next contract.I can see the strategy of wanting to get right to work legislation passed immediately.

What RTW will do is actually make this union responsive to workers.Imagine a union that knows workers will stop paying dues and quit if they see no benefit from belonging to a company union..Imagine a union that works for its members and not the corporations.As to Snyder killing the unions thats bullshit.the UAW began it's slow suicide the first time it ever opened a contract to make concessions.The death march continued with a two tier wage and the suicide was completed with the push for Proposal 2.The defeat of Proposal 2 showed Snyder how little support unions have and how much power he now had if the union had not pushed this proposal Snyder would have been left guessing as to the amount of his support.The RTW legislation will allow the worker to say do something for me or you can't have my money since this product is broken.UAW members may actually demand they select by vote their top leadership instead of having the company followership now at the top.

Edited by skeptic
  • Like 1

What RTW will do is actually make this union responsive to workers.Imagine a union that knows workers will stop paying dues and quit if they see no benefit from belonging to a company union..Imagine a union that works for its members and not the corporations.As to Snyder killing the unions thats bullshit.the UAW began it's slow suicide the first time it ever opened a contract to make concessions.The death march continued with a two tier wage and the suicide was completed with the push for Proposal 2.The defeat of Proposal 2 showed Snyder how little support unions have and how much power he now had if the union had not pushed this proposal Snyder would have been left guessing as to the amount of his support.The RTW legislation will allow the worker to say do something for me or you can't have my money since this product is broken.UAW members may actually demand they select by vote their top leadership instead of having the company followership now at the top.

Unfortunatly, I seriously doubt that any 1st tier will quit the union. We have far too much invested in the VEBA for that to happen. None of us want to go without medical upon retierment, let us not forget, the Veba is controlled by the UAW

Actually Snyder said on several occasions that he would NOT sign RTW because guess what- it was too decicive! Snyder apparantely got a visit from Grover Norquest this past week that changed his mind. The feds should investigate why such an about face happened in such a short period of time.

Unfortunatly Snyder never said he would NOT sign it, he said repetedly that it was not on his agenda as it was too diviseve. Had he said clearly that he would refuse to sign it, that silly ballot proposal would likely never have happened.

@Skeptic,I dont think the UAW will break a sweat over it.Heck Bob King might have even wanted Right To Work, at this point I dont trust anybody.Why would you press an issue knowing that the odds favor a defeat?The union has a weaker hand to play if Right to Work passes, so what do you expect them to do?Ford will probably be nice to the first group of people who decide to abandon the union as encouragement for others to follow.You could see this coming. Over the years the UAW kept granting concessions and just telling the membership what the company wants us to hear.If anything I can see organizations like Autoworkers Caravan or Live Bait and Ammo gaining momentum.Saw Bob King on television in a hoodie acting {I guess for him} emotionally upset.Face it,the man is a multi-millionaire,really think he is gonna hurt?Solidarity House is a Country Club compared to the daily grind we endure.If the current union really wants to do something they know what to do.I would suggest filing greivances and PUBLISH the outcomes of the greivances so we can all know what are contractual rights are.Which reminds me,how about equal enforcement of the contract, meaning no more 'honey-do' super seniority positions handed out to whoever the bosses like?It is gonna be a sad day when Right to Work passes in Michigan.

You have to wonder why it was voted down in the last election . What , with our last 2 contracts , hiring of "2 tier wage people" , people who are doing the same or just about the same as the higher paid pepole , very little union representation at all the plants , I am hearing . What about consessions?? Seems like when the BIG BOYS are giving back , a date could be set to "Give BACK" to the membership .We have not gotten a raise in years , has our union leadership???? HELL YES they have.The Company is doing great now , why not work on getting back some of what we gave BOB!! Look what was done for the Retirees . no raise for them and took away their Christmas bonus . Now the Union is raising their copay !!! The company does't wait till contract to work on us!! Why not get a little back , while things are going good . It should be very good , now that most of the parts plants are paying $11 - $15/ hour and very little benefits . It use to be all Contractors had to be card caring Union workers , not anymore .Who is Bob King blaming that on? It is hard to tell the company from the union!! Look at the way our head union officals are elected . "They" claim it is unanimous in the voting for our leader , they must mean they do not count the people that have their microphone is turned off by the union officals. Why not 1 person 1 vote for ALL our members??

Fact...this is Union busting plain and simple. The UAW as we know it is gone. If we dont adapt and learn from this we are done.

I hope this is a wake up call to many.

I hope this ends all the nepotism, cronyism, and failed actions from the top that have only weakened us.Dont get me wrong, they mean well.

We have to go back to the days of Walter and promote the brightest, most passionate, and the most active brothers and sisters. Not the sons,daughters, siblings and friends who only are there to get a double pension and perks.

If we are to survive we need the best, not the ass kissers who will vote blind.

The company doesn't load up their staff our way, they put the best in there to attack us. We need to do the same !!!

I feel bad saying this, but as we can see.We cant afford to do it the old way anymore!

Fact...this is Union busting plain and simple. The UAW as we know it is gone. If we dont adapt and learn from this we are done.

I hope this is a wake up call to many.

I hope this ends all the nepotism, cronyism, and failed actions from the top that have only weakened us.Dont get me wrong, they mean well.

We have to go back to the days of Walter and promote the brightest, most passionate, and the most active brothers and sisters. Not the sons,daughters, siblings and friends who only are there to get a double pension and perks.

If we are to survive we need the best, not the ass kissers who will vote blind.

The company doesn't load up their staff our way, they put the best in there to attack us. We need to do the same !!!

I feel bad saying this, but as we can see.We cant afford to do it the old way anymore!

While I agree with what you say, I know it will never happen. WHY?? because the idiots at the top, the ones that benefit from the nepotism, and bullshit, won't allow it to change. They won't give up the golden goose; they backed Bob King to the hilt on everything he has done, even on trying to get us to take more concessions in 2009. Remember how they all came into the plants to try and sway our vote? That had NEVER happened before. As has been said, Power corrupts, and absolute power, corrupts absolutely. They have had all the power, and once they have tasted it, there is no going back. The UAW as Walter Reuther knew it is dead, and its not coming back. Between all we have given up, and two tier wages, The UAW lost its way many years ago, and its only gotten worse with time.

We all have seen things in our plants that make us say What in Hell were they thinking? We have seen the Union fight over things that should never be fought over. I don't want a Union that protects those that repeatedly get into trouble that allows inept people to remain inept so they can keep a dues paying member. Some people don't belong in a plant, and far too many get away with doing nothing most every day. And its not by seniority, its by favoritism, which makes it even worse.

We have seen our leadership (local and national) ignore our contractual rights in order to further their own private agendas, or tell people that they don't have a case, simply because they know that those people oppose them. That’s the corruption, and we have all seen it. Chairman that don't answer to the membership, won't supply copies of the local contract that was ratified 2 or more years ago, Abuse our elections in order to stay in power. We all know it happens, we see it all the time, yet we are powerless to do anything about it.

No, not all union officials are crooked...but far too many ARE, and we won't change those people, and we won't change the way things are, because we are too busy in our lives to take the time to attend meetings in mass, and DEMAND the changes, We allow a handful of our co-workers to decide on every issue. Most meetings are less than 1% of the entire workforce. We have no voice, if we don't unite and step up to the plate. And personally, I seriously doubt that we are pissed off enough to do so now.

We Americans don't want to be involved, we want to live our lives in peace and quiet, and we choose to ignore things that should piss us off. We won't be enraged enough to take action until we are all on the streets and starving. PERHAPS, when that happens, we will go back to the old days and workers all over this country will unite like they did back in the 40's and 50's. But we won't do it now...our lives are too easy; we have good jobs, so we ignore those that are trying to take them away from us. When we lose enough...MAYBE we will begin to fight back. But I don't see it happening.

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 2

People this law now gives the membership more leverage to bargin for an even better contract in 2015. If the union doesn't start working harder for our dues, then one by one the floor drops out and the company gets it's way, but now you can push the union to get us more if we continue to pay. hahahahah No more Vegas trips and un-needed union jobs in the middle sent back to the shop floor (worker line). lol It may not be as bad as you think.

People this law now gives the membership more leverage to bargin for an even better contract in 2015. If the union doesn't start working harder for our dues, then one by one the floor drops out and the company gets it's way, but now you can push the union to get us more if we continue to pay. hahahahah No more Vegas trips and un-needed union jobs in the middle sent back to the shop floor (worker line). lol It may not be as bad as you think.

It absolutly does nothing of the kind. The ONLY thing it might do on the positive side, is make the union more responsive to the worker, but I fear, even that will take years to happen.

• Like 1

For the UAW it isn't a death sentence, but for smaller unions with lower pay scales this is going to be damaging whether or not they work their asses off for their members. An hour or two for someone like hotel workers who make quite a bit less than us makes a bigger impact. I don't think that I've paid even 1% of my gross for having a damn good job, and a damn fine wage so I'm not likely to ever give up being a member even if they are still too Top down for my tastes.

:victory: What a good "positive" quote....Never looked at it that way! :0)