1.6L EB recall

Failure to deliver quality + failure to deliver profits = Failed Business.

Further, a pattern of correlation when other factors diverge can be strongly indicative of causation. The quality of Ford's European product is subpar, the quality of European derived product in the US is subpar. Assembly workers that had no difficulty assembling platforms derived from Mazda and Volvo products have had countless difficulties assembling FoE derived products.

Name two successful FoE product launches in the US over the last 20 years. Heck, make it 30. Or make it 18 months.

Oh, but I'm sure each launch failed for some reason entirely unrelated to every other.

I agree Richard.

That's rare.

How's the "One Ford" thing working out?

Isn't the next Euro-wonder going to replace the Econoline?

Very well financially for Ford.

A few annoying glitches that are being fixed but nothing that will stop product roll out.

I'm sure all of these "annoying glitches" will be quick and inexpensive to fix and have no negitive impact on Ford's reputation...

Me too,

A lot of these issues go round and round on the internet but really consumers move on when their vehicles are fixed.

Nobody likes to see recalls but at least we can be happy knowing that the cures are not massive rework or redesign.

I have a feeling that the 1.6 EB will now settle into it's major role with no further incidents.

Six months time, these will be passing references in other stories...like Powershift and Focus dashboard supply issues..

As to successful FoE based product launches, it depends if you want to look at first month, three months, twelve months?

but last month, Ford sold over 45,000 C1 based vehicles in the USA alone, I'd call that a major success.

Edited by jpd80