Mustang moving to Chicago in 2015?

Pagan

I have been hearing this rumor for over 3 years, half of them from members of Chicago Assembly Plant. Now that it is in the press that some or all of the Taurus and MKS work will be moving to Flat Rock in 2015 because it will be Fusion based and a huge chunk of the Fusion work will be moved there to fill in the void left by the Mazda 6 leaving.

Has anybody from CAP or Flat Rock heard anything that has any merit?

I work at Chicago Stamping and what happens to CAP has a huge effect on us.

Thank you for any info you have!

Pagan,

You will be working on all the same parts for CAP for at least 2 more model years.

CAP will be producing the same 5 models as it is currently producing. We will start the first stage of the 2014 launch with all 5 models in the line up, not to far in the future.

FRAP is listed as an "Over Flow" facility, the number of orders for the Fusion will dictate the production schedule at FRAP. The MKZ is a low volume model, it would stand to reason that the MKZ would flow to FRAP if the Fusion numbers increase to the point that scheduling would push the MKZ out of the daily line up at Hermosillo to raise the number of Fusion`s produced. Unless.... maybe.... OMG the MKZ is going the way of the Mercury???? (just starting a rumor, the sheeps love-rumors) :grouphug:

People....It is all in the numbers. For every MKZ produced it pushes a Fusion back. So to make more Fusions you pull out the low volume MKZ. If the numbers for Fusion raise even higher the move will be to push orders to the "overflow" facility..... MKZ? or MKS?? really on the same platform. No full size Lincoln Sedan? Who knows maybe....

Just an example.... we here at CAP went weeks without producing one MKS, OK, did anyone see any gaps in the line where the MKS was before we stopped producing it? Nope.... why not? Well for some strange reason (not really that strange) the gaps were filled up, yep!!! and guess what was in the holes (not cream filling like so and so`s donuts) left by the missing MKS`s.... Taurus`s? NO!!! "Low an behold", those pesky line up people filled those dam gap`s with (drum roll, please) that dam high volume U502, Explorer, to the civilians.

People, all this is.... is, orders and numbers. Are they moving anything? Are they putting us against us? Are we so overwhelmed by the rumors and grade "A" sheep shit to step back from the cliff?

Think of it as orders that flow from one Chinese sweat shop to the other sweat shop down the alley. When the orders for noddles get to be to much, the owner has to fill orders so he sends some down the alley. Now everyone is happy!!! :hyper: Work for the masses!!! :play: Noddles for the Masses!!! :D Profit for the owner!!! :spiteful: Everyone happy. :yup:

One question, what do you think happens to the over flow sweat shop down the alley, if the orders fall off? :eek5:

I think my union sisters and brothers at FRAP realize what a niche product is and how the niche market changes like the breeze coming off the lake. I love the Mustang!!! but... it don`t sell like a F150,F250,Focas,Explorer,Police units,Escape,Fusion..... So being an overflow facility is a good thing.

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

Sorry i made fun of your boyfriends post Twincam, but plaese admit dckers post was lame

Going to be warm this weekend!!! Twincam. I`ll be on mine, you too?

Coming from a person the goes by DORK? It would seem he knows "stupid" real well....

Got that second post under your belt fordmichiganman, you`re well on your way to being a pillar of information, on the board.. :shades:

By the way Dork, its "Decker" not "dcker".

Is it just me, or can anyone else hear the sheep? B)

Decker

1 of the 1788

Coming from a person the goes by DORK? It would seem he knows "stupid" real well....

Got that second post under your belt fordmichiganman, you`re well on your way to being a pillar of information, on the board.. :shades:

Decker

1 of the 1788

Decker

1 of the 1788

Tell it like it is Decker!!!....Thanks for keeping it lively!!!!
  • Like 1

I find it very interesting that people make so many claims and statements related to Ford Motor's future plans for product sourcing etc here. Sometimes it's true sometimes not.

I would find a statement more credible if the poster would tell us where their information originated. Otherwise I believe it is merely a rumor.

Edited by Hard Driver