Ford $750 Coupon

hermans

This is how it happened for me:
  • Requested e-brochure on ford website - Received brochure #1 via email ~ 4 days later. Included coupon, didn't apply to hybrids.
  • Started chat on Ford site 2 days after first online request. Told the rep I had ordered an e-brochure but no email received. She said she would issue one to be shipped. I asked about the coupon for hybrids. Was told they didn't include coupons on request, and that these were not sent to all regions. But then she said she would make a note about my desire to receive a coupon. - Received brochure #2 in the mail 10 days later. It included a coupon that didn't exclude hybrids.
  • A week ago I received a small card (not a brochure) titled "Introducing the all-new 2013 Fusion Hybrid. Now with $750 Private Cash". - This one honestly I didn't request so it took me by surprise. It had the dealership's name on it. I don't know whether that one came from Ford or the dealership (assuming Ford authorizes certain dealerships to mail coupons???).
  • On my work laptop I also had requested two more brochures (mail); one under my name, the other under my wife's name. Received brochure #3 and #4 yesterday. The one with my name on it, didn't have a coupon. The other (with my wife's name on it) did have a coupon and also included hybrids.

So the only difference between the first brochure with a coupon and the last one was that I used a different computer, a different email, and my wife's name. The small card w/ the coupon continues to be a mystery. That's how I ended up with 3 coupons that I can use towards my HyTi purchase.

Check the program code between the first (mail) and 2nd one (card w/ dealer's name). I received one with the dealer's name too, but it was the same code - same one that showed up in Vincent. So you might just have 2 coupons and not really wasting 2 :)

So are they able to lock it in if your VIN is assigned before the coupon expires?

I requested C-Max and Fusion brochures and got no coupons. My parents are looking at a C-Max Energi and got a coupon but there won't be any in stock by the time it expires so they would need to get it locked in on an order

Got the 750$ in the C-Max brochure (wasn't in the Fusion one). However, it looks like it might be applicable to the Fusion hybrid (perhapsn in addition to $500 already offered).

Catch with my coupon is that I have to take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 1/25/13.

Way things are sputtering down in Mexico and with rumored Job 2 start date not until 1/7/13 = unlikely I'll be able use :-(

So are they able to lock it in if your VIN is assigned before the coupon expires?

I requested C-Max and Fusion brochures and got no coupons. My parents are looking at a C-Max Energi and got a coupon but there won't be any in stock by the time it expires so they would need to get it locked in on an order

My dealer spoke with the local rep and said it was "locked in". Haven't yet taken delivery (seems like every delay glitch catches my car) so we will see ...

The surest way to get the "private offer" (coupon, system entry, etc) is to call:

Marketing Program Headquarters
+1-800-334-4375

and order a brochure with thru a call center rep. They'll practically beg you to order a brochure in order to get you a private offer. Also, if you have an old offer that expires before delivery of your vehicle, call them up again and order a new brochure (doesn't have to be a different model) and you'll usually recieve a new private offer shortly thereafter (latest expirations are in June 2013). If you have a car on order they'll review all incentives available that they find in the system (standard rebates/customer cash, private offers, financing, etc).

Also if you order one to be mailed to your house, do not continue to use your name

Use your you wife child etc.

I was never able to get another coupon in my name after the first one expired,so I used my wife's name, got one it expired and I requested on in my wife's maiden name and got one that expires the end of April.

Edited by chuckokie36

Well my new fusion will be ready to pick up tomorrow. I have tried ordering plenty of brochures online for the fusion and different models, and never got the $750 coupon. Is it too late for me? I am living at a friend's house, so I could have him call first thing in the morning. Any ideas or suggestions on how I can get one before I pick my car up later in the day?

As for the Private Cash Coupons. I had one when I made my original order, then it expired (of course). So since about mid February I've been ordering a brochure nearly every week. I've ordered from the Web, from calling Ford and from the online Chat. Lately since I've been seeing more and more people getting them I ramped up my efforts ordering a new brochure every day. In the past I had ordered in my name and my wife's name but I kept to using 1 of 2 emails each time. This last week I ordered them in my kids name but used a different email address that I hadn't used in the past. Turns out just the other day that new email address got the coupon and the funny thing was that my other email address got the same email sans any coupons...

Needless to say, I'd order a brochure using a different email address than you've used in the past and see what happens!

• 3 weeks later...

Like I said - you're eligible before they even mail the brochure. Just have the dealer check Vincent with your name.

What is Vincent? Am going to try and find this now as my car is not in yet. Could always change to White and use the coupon to pay for the color upgrade!

As for the Private Cash Coupons. I had one when I made my original order, then it expired (of course). So since about mid February I've been ordering a brochure nearly every week. I've ordered from the Web, from calling Ford and from the online Chat. Lately since I've been seeing more and more people getting them I ramped up my efforts ordering a new brochure every day. In the past I had ordered in my name and my wife's name but I kept to using 1 of 2 emails each time. This last week I ordered them in my kids name but used a different email address that I hadn't used in the past. Turns out just the other day that new email address got the coupon and the funny thing was that my other email address got the same email sans any coupons...

Needless to say, I'd order a brochure using a different email address than you've used in the past and see what happens!

Just did mine. Hope I get the offer!

What is Vincent? Am going to try and find this now as my car is not in yet. Could always change to White and use the coupon to pay for the color upgrade!

Vincent is the system dealers use to look up offers and I think also prices. It might be used for other things as well, but that's how my sales person used it.

Edited by neod192

Just did mine. Hope I get the offer!

Just a quick note. I happen to use my son's names as well. Turns out both of them earned me a coupon but neither me or my wife were able to get one after the original expired. FYI, coupons are per household so the name doesn't matter!

• 2 weeks later...

We got the coupon in the mail the day before going to order our MKZ, however when we got there they would not apply it with Conquest Cash and an X Plan $750 rebate. Booo... we were happy to get the unexpected $750 X Plan additional rebate anyway so did not push this. Anyone else able to get all 3 of these??

Just a quick note. I happen to use my son's names as well. Turns out both of them earned me a coupon but neither me or my wife were able to get one after the original expired. FYI, coupons are per household so the name doesn't matter!

Ah, good to know on household. My dad was thinking about getting an MKZ for my mom too, and we have similar names, so I was going to try to give him our unused coupon. Looks like he needs to get his own.

• 1 month later...
Guest RRF985

I got another $750 coupon last week without requestion one. I was really surprised when it showed up. It didn't have any dealer name on it either like the stuff I usually get either so it must have come straight from Ford.

My dealer spoke with the local rep and said it was "locked in". Haven't yet taken delivery (seems like every delay glitch catches my car) so we will see ...

I wouldn't believe them. I was told this over the phone and yet got ZIP when my car was delivery... "Sorry that coupon is expired and wasn't a part of the original order." They would have had to reschedule the order for it to be attached. If I had been told that, I'd have done it since I was only 30 days into the order (of a 149 day process).

Get it in writing.

I had trouble using my coupon.

I had the salesperson check VinCent (this was all done through email FYI) and she claimed it was there. I asked her, literally, 5 times via email - in different ways. Just to make absolutely sure.

Then it came to getting the purchase order for my lender to write the check (they don't cut blank checks). The salesperson couldn't do this, so the finance manager was put in charge of getting this together and faxing to my lender. 2 attempted faxes later, I requested it to be emailed. Never got it. Requested again, never got it. Called up audibly annoyed, Requested it to be faxed to me, and I'd go sit by the fax. Reluctantly, he sent it to me, and the numbers were off...he didn't include ANY rebates. Called him back, insisted he include rebates, and I started getting push back on the $750 coupon. I was told the entire time I didn't need a physical copy, as it was displaying in Vincent. He said it would make it much easier to use if I had a physical copy. LUCKY FOR ME, it came via email as a result of the brochers I had sent to my email. Took about 2-3 weeks to show up. Gave him the codes on it, he put them on the purchase order, but requested it be printed and brought it.

Just be VERY careful and explicit.