union

slap250

remember those so called tier 2 vote ...some day they may outnumber tier1 how do you think they will feel when voting for your pension benefits ,,,while still fresh in their mind is you ridiculing them

Ridicule? Everyone of the 2nd Tier I talk to bitches about how we make more money than them so they would vote against us anyway!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I agree, we get good pay, pension, retirement. They get low pay and......, future does not look good for us

What ever happened to the big bad union extorting the company? It was all propaganda fiction. The company calls the shots; always has and always will. We got the big raises in the past for a reason; to raise expectations among the general population to put them into a new-car-buying income bracket. Auto assemblers wages make up a small portion of the total cost of producing and marketing a car, so auto assemblers' high wages do not have a significant impact on the total cost. With outsourcing, automation, and two-tier wages, even less. With the decline and eventual elimination of the middle class, new cars will be for the elite class and entrepreneurs who do not have to negotiate their wages. Wage earners will not be buying new cars, so there is no need to have high paid auto assemblers. I think that eventually, auto assembly will be totally outsourced so the company will not have to deal with individual workers, only contractors, whom they can play against each other for maximum efficiency.

Edited by Trimdingman
  • Like 1

What ever happened to the big bad union extorting the company? It was all propaganda fiction. The company calls the shots; always has and always will. We got the big raises in the past for a reason; to raise expectations among the general population to put them into a new-car-buying income bracket. Auto assemblers wages make up a small portion of the total cost of producing and marketing a car, so auto assemblers' high wages do not have a significant impact on the total cost. With outsourcing, automation, and two-tier wages, even less. With the decline and eventual elimination of the middle class, new cars will be for the elite class and entrepreneurs who do not have to negotiate their wages. Wage earners will not be buying new cars, so there is no need to have high paid auto assemblers. I think that eventually, auto assembly will be totally outsourced so the company will not have to deal with individual workers, only contractors, whom they can play against each other for maximum efficiency.

yep. thats what Nissan is doing in nashville.when ford sold our plant Nissan hired Yates contracting company to do all there hiring.now nissan has only a few of the oldtime nissan workers left and all the rest are working for Yates and show up at nissan and go to work.

What's even worse is that they (Union Reps) can't even comprehend what the contract says.They twist it so bad that you can't even rely on it's meaning to protect the membership.

Unfortunatly you are 100% correct. I beleive that most of this is because people run for office for the wrong reasons. Getting off the line is NOT a good reason to run for office....Making a difference to those working that line is the ONLY acceptable reason to run for elected office in my opinion.

Actually understanding the contract, should be a skill requiered to run.

Appointments need to be elliminated completly. ALL offices should be elected by the membership. Far too many ass kissers and good old boys are sitting in the union office with their thumbs up their asses doing nothing to help the membership.

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 4

The union should be looked at as an agency that provides a service; not an indoctrinating cult. The union should be a law firm. Line workers are no match for company lawyers and HR experts. Belonging to a collectivist mind-controlling cult is not "Democracy". It is like some demented communist abortion. We are thousands of people shelling out millions of dollars a year to a union that makes us, it's customers, do all the work. We need real lawyers who know the law, who can negotiate a contract without loopholes; who risk losing their licenses if caught making side deals. They will receive no compensation from the company, so can't be bribed. That is what we need.

I was outside the Detroit Auto Show protesting with the Auto Workers Caravan.I held up a sign that said 'Let`s Build a fighting union'.Why fellow union workers would 'run down' another worker who has concerns is beyond me and just shows you how all is lost!Do any of you realize how much power the union has over the quality of our jobs and our lives?Why shouldn`t we voice our concerns without being 'put down' by egotistical,childish co-workers?Don`t agree then say why you dont agree but a little consideration would be appreciated.The NLRB will tell you that once YOUR union negotiates something like,you must salute and say "yes sir" to show respect for management------its done.Get involved!!

Edited by Fatso

Fatso . . . Sounds like fire in the belly!!! . . . This is what these second tiers should be listening to. . . They need to be the fighters that were once ( when I first started ) . . . They are tech savvy and more educated than many of us who started yeeeaaarrrsss ago. . . Hope they pickup on what your saying. . . It's their future that needs fixing. . .

Only if we are stupid enough to allow the company to change the contractual language that currently allows for no more than 20% of the entire workforce to be 2nd tier. I will bet that they try to do so, since GM and Chrysler allow unlimited 2nd tier in their current contracts. You all know the drill...They will tell us that we have to be "COMPEITIVE" with our cross town rivals..

Don't worry by the next contract there will be enough tier two workers to vote a small raise for themselves in exchange for a pay cut to top tier and equalized wages.

Only if we are stupid enough to allow the company to change the contractual language that allows for no more than 20% of the entire workforce to be 2nd tier. I will bet that they try to do so, since GM and Chrysler allow unlimited 2nd tier in thier current contracts. You all know the drill...They will tell us that we have to be "COMPEITIVE" with our cross town rivals.. If we do that...we deserve to get screwed down the road, and we will have only ourselves to blame.

I remember long time ago working at another company for a starting lower wage than those with more seniority were making.It was a bite but the time does pass.Just being considerate to one another and making others feel included goes a long way.That being said I think two-tier suks!One one hand--you are in the door at a job that otherwise might be in Mexico.I am not really sure how two-tier works because I am not production.Maybe next contract we can get it to ramp up to full pay faster!Maybe next time the UAW will have some leverage!This tradesman will be right there with ya!STAY INVOLVED dont get discouraged believing that things can never change for the better.You pay dues,you get your say!

Edited by Fatso

I remember long time ago working at another company for a starting lower wage than those with more seniority were making.It was a bite but the time does pass.Just being considerate to one another and making others feel included goes a long way.That being said I think two-tier suks!One one hand--you are in the door at a job that otherwise might be in Mexico.I am not really sure how two-tier works because I am not production.Maybe next contract we can get it to ramp up to full pay faster!Maybe next time the UAW will have some leverage!This tradesman will be right there with ya!STAY INVOLVED dont get discouraged believing that things can never change for the better.You pay dues,you get your say!

Second tier is designed to NEVER reach full pay I seriously doubt that Ford will ever agree to pay the rates we are currently making, nor the benefit package we have. @nd tier gets NO retierment other than 401K, LESS healthcare...Little or no health care after retierment... Fords not going to give that up..nor is GM, or Chrysler.

Yeah, many of us started at lower than the going rate..but we had pereodic raises to bring us to parity. 2nd tier does not have that, and never will.