New Fusion Owner Pics and Impressions

MineralstangGT

Loving the Adaptive cruise :) Very glad I purchased it!!

I got it on my Titanium Hybrid too. Can you give us an owner's perspective on how and how well it works? What about the Lane Keeping System? I test drove one with lane keeping and even though I had it turned on, it didn't seem to do anything...

I got it on my Titanium Hybrid too. Can you give us an owner's perspective on how and how well it works? What about the Lane Keeping System? I test drove one with lane keeping and even though I had it turned on, it didn't seem to do anything...

I only can speak to the adaptive crusie and active collision avoidance

The adaptive crusie is perfect, especially on the 55MPH country road I take to and from work.. I set it at around 60MPH.. and it slows me down and follows the car infront of me at whatever speed there traveling... It will also brake heavily (very smoothly) if needed. I actually took a 40 minute drive to a resteraunt and the only time I touched the pedals was at two stop lights... it was a really wierd but awesome experiance...

You can choose your following distance... I like the closest setting for 55MPH driving... and the one bar farther away setting for highway driving,,,

One the highway it takes some getting use to... especially if your like me and drive in the right lane till passing... I found myself going slow behind a car in the right lane because I forgot to transition to the passing lane and never even noticed I was slowing...

The active collision avoidance system has worked perfect also.. on normal setting. I had a car slam on its breaks infront of me during city driving, the fusion slowed me and warned me before I had even notices the possible collision... I have had no false alarms to date.

• Like 1

I recently got my fully loaded fusion hybrid and have been playing with all the systems. Adaptive cruise is amazing. I really didn't think I wanted it, but it has been the most used feature on the car so far. I drive I-95 in Maryland a lot and the traffic here is not exactly smooth. Adaptive Cruise control makes it a lot smoother for me. A car cut me off (typical here) and the cruise control immediately engaged the brakes and dropped my car back to its predetermined distance. And as mentioned above, the braking was smooth.

My wife has tested the forward sensing system. Since this is my first new car in 13 years, I'm being obsessive about not getting it near anything. My wife does not have this problem. She drove it into a parking slot and let it go right up until we either scraped the curb or the forward sensing system engaged. Thankfully, the forward sensing system engaged on this 4" curb. So far all the gadgets are working just like advertised. I could also mention the ride, handling, and general fun of driving the car, but I think that is being covered pretty well.

Edited by jbroadwa
  • Like 3

The drivers room is actually kind of tight in a couple place.

Seems the left foot rest is pretty pronounced and sticks up a little higher than other vehicles I've driven.

Seats are snug in the bolsters, but really no different than most upper scale vehicles with a performance focus. Great for me I love them

The one other deal that does bug me a bit is the floorboard raises up a couple inches before it gets to the front seat. IE: I sometimes like to bring my left leg all the way back at an angle and it gets restricted

Pretty nit-picky stuff and really no biggy, but I think if you are of large status it may be annoying. I'm mid size at 5" 11" 175

Just got mine this past week...the day before Thanksgiving...here are some photos...

Out for a drive on Turkey day...

8227952026_9a39e0ce8b.jpg

photo by texastenor, on Flickr

Looking down the twisty road I am about to enjoy...love the handling...especially with the Titanium and the 19" wheels!

8227952666_4b8b28431d.jpg

IMG_9683 by texastenor, on Flickr

An absolutely beautiful face...don't you think?

8227953698_9b8da0222f.jpg

IMG_9649 by texastenor, on Flickr

And a close-up of the 19s...

8227952396_d3911062f2.jpg

IMG_9647 by texastenor, on Flickr

I am very very very happy with the car thus far.

• Like 1

Picked up my "13FFH today and put my aftermarket 18" Wheels (Ace Alloy V-12's) on already.

Here are the quick night pics. First time I have driven the '13 Fusion at all and I love it, handles great,

solid feeling & quiet. First 100 miles of totally varied driving = 42.9 MPG. Not bad considering I took it

home from the dealer the long way up into the curves & hills. Gave it a very spirited drive thru about 20 miles

of up & down & some very tight twisties (alot of 20mph corners). Interior in my SE Luxury is very nice.

The SE leather seats are hands down alot more comfortable than our now traded in '10 Fusion SEL.

post-48583-0-64214000-1354145874_thumb.jpg

post-48583-0-44880300-1354146026_thumb.jpg

post-48583-0-32322600-1354146139_thumb.jpg

post-48583-0-39634300-1354146220_thumb.jpg

Edited by scott029
  • Like 4

First, let me say that I agree with all the positive comments about the new Fusion that appear in this thread. The styling, handling, fit and finish, amenities and quality are all top-notch. I love this car.

I don't mean any disrespect here, but I have never been a Fusion fan. I did look at one a couple of years ago. There was nothing wrong with it, but it was too small for my taste. I didn't know about the redesign until after I started looking for a replacement for my Ford Five Hundred. I was in the market for a new Taurus and the Fusion was not even on my radar, until I saw it sitting on the lot.

The first one I saw was a red SE with black cloth interior. That was late on a Friday afternoon, just before the dealership closed. I didn't drive it, but I was able to sit in it for a few minutes. Although the trim level was not what I wanted, I was so impressed with the styling, inside and out, that I went home and started researching the Fusion immediately. After going through various 'build your own' exercises, I decided on a Titanium, black, with no options necessary but Nav preferred.

Fusions were and still are very scarce on dealer lots around here, but I did find one down the road a ways that matched my build. The only difference was that it had a moonroof, which is an option I didn't want or need. Nevertheless, my wife and I took a ride to see it on Sunday. The car looked even better in person than on the Ford website. This, plus an inventory of several Taurus possibilities at the same dealership led to a snap decision to take a vacation day that Monday.

It turned out to be a relatively long day due to some discussions about the trade-in value and a test drive and discussion of a Taurus, but, in the end, I left there a very happy man. I drove the Fusion home that afternoon.

I hit the thousand mile mark on the way to work this morning and every one of them has been a pleasure. The stereo is superb. I commute to work 40 miles each way and I'm actually sorry when I reach the parking garage and have to turn it off. The only even slightly negative comments I have involve the turn signal stalk and the fuel gauge.

The 'spring back' action of the turn signal had me hitting it three times for each turn at first. The first press was to turn it on, the second to push it down further to make it stick, and the third to turn it back on after the second press turned it off. I am over that now, but it was a little disconcerting for a while.

My fuel gauge may actually be off. It doesn't register as completely full when I fill it and it drops to the 3/4 level within the first gallon of use. It continues to fall more rapidly than the gallons used would call for, showing less than a half tank this morning with 5.5 gallons used. I am assuming a software update may be available to fix this. If not, it may be a sensor/sending unit that needs some attention. Either way, I expect Ford will make it right when I take it in for service. The gallons used does closely match the amount I need to fill it, so I can rely on that if need be.

I had read that the interior room was comparable to a Taurus, but I didn't really believe that until I experienced it for myself. I'm not sure about the back seat room, because I never sit back there, but the driver's space is very roomy. I drove Explorers for years (1990 - 2001), and I always felt a little cramped, side-to-side. I eventually moved to a Navigator, then an F150 and finally to the Five Hundred. There were no space issues in any of those. The Fusion may not match the Navigator or the F150, but it is similar to the Five Hundred, and definitely better than the Explorers I had (the new ones may be roomier, I don't know). In any case, it does not feel small or cramped in any way.

It seems to me that Ford has really done a bang-up job with this car. I think it will attract a lot of folks, like me, who were not interested in the prior versions of the Fusion.

• Like 3

"The 'spring back' action of the turn signal had me hitting it three times for each turn at first. The first press was to turn it on, the second to push it down further to make it stick, and the third to turn it back on after the second press turned it off. I am over that now, but it was a little disconcerting for a whiIe."

I love this feature. For lane changes or other times you want the blinker on for about 3 seconds or so just hit it lightly

and it will go off automatic after a few seconds. If you are making a full turn push the lever harder (2nd detent) and it

will activate normally and turn off after the turn is made. First car I've ever seen this "lane change" feature on.

Good work Ford!

"The 'spring back' action of the turn signal had me hitting it three times for each turn at first. The first press was to turn it on, the second to push it down further to make it stick, and the third to turn it back on after the second press turned it off. I am over that now, but it was a little disconcerting for a whiIe."

I love this feature. For lane changes or other times you want the blinker on for about 3 seconds or so just hit it lightly

and it will go off automatic after a few seconds. If you are making a full turn push the lever harder (2nd detent) and it

will activate normally and turn off after the turn is made. First car I've ever seen this "lane change" feature on.

Good work Ford!

Why don't they put instructions like that in some easy to find booklet that comes with the car or that you can easily access from the internet so you can learn how to operate all these new features?

Stupid Ford.

:stirpot:

First car I've ever seen this "lane change" feature on.
I think the Accord or Passat also has this feature. It got me too, when I test drove the Fusion. On my current car. I usually just tap it to blink once, then turn it turns off. In the Fusion, because it was blinking 3 times I would turn it the other way and make the car blink the wrong way 3 times :) I bet people were wondering what the heck I'm doing !

Why don't they put instructions like that in some easy to find booklet that comes with the car or that you can easily access from the internet so you can learn how to operate all these new features?

Stupid Ford.

:stirpot:

I would think it's in the owner's manual, and you can pull that up online. Who actually reads the manual?

If you have an AWD model, the manual says that you should be able to view the AWD power distribution on the Information display on the left of the speedo by changing display modes:

"Intelligent AWD (if equipped): displays power distribution between the front and rear wheels. More power to either front or rear wheels will be displayed by more area filled in."

Only, I can't seem to get it to work.

I was worried enough that I checked the VIN to verify the dealer sold me an AWD car, but there is no other user feedback on the AWD system in the car.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Edited by sramnarace

If you have an AWD model, the manual says that you should be able to view the AWD power distribution on the Information display on the left of the speedo by changing display modes:

"Intelligent AWD (if equipped): displays power distribution between the front and rear wheels. More power to either front or rear wheels will be displayed by more area filled in."

Only, I can't seem to get it to work.

I was worried enough that I checked the VIN to verify the dealer sold me an AWD car, but there is no other user feedback on the AWD system in the car.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Any relation to Raj?