2013 Door Function Switch

bkhahn

I found a switch in the car that is named in the manual but there's no explanation what it actually does. The 'Door function switch' (page 73 in the manual) is above the drivers door along with the button to turn the drivers side lamp on and the button to turn all the lamps on. When I push the button it goes from the ice-blue back lighting to orange. Any idea what the switch actually does?

post-48577-0-51607900-1352324907_thumb.png

If you leave the button in the "orange" state, the interior lights will not come on upon opening the doors. If you put it back to the "ice-blue" state, the interior lights come on when the doors are opened.

I also noticed that if you keep this button in the "turned off (orange)" mode, that if you use the "search light" button (on the ceiling, just to the right of the ambient lighting dial switch in front of the moonroof), that this light switch will only light the rear cargo light and not all of the interior lights.

Hope that helps.

Thanks - that's really helpful.

If you leave the button in the "orange" state, the interior lights will not come on upon opening the doors. If you put it back to the "ice-blue" state, the interior lights come on when the doors are opened.

I also noticed that if you keep this button in the "turned off (orange)" mode, that if you use the "search light" button (on the ceiling, just to the right of the ambient lighting dial switch in front of the moonroof), that this light switch will only light the rear cargo light and not all of the interior lights.

Hope that helps.

• 6 years later...