C-MAX outsells Prius V in October.

What's interesting to me is that C-Max sales have been brisk despite (what I perceive to be) low awareness. Perhaps I'm too midwestern to have run into the marketing?

I don't expect the C-Max to take on Prius Prime anytime soon, but it's the first hybrid to stand out with Prius And Ford managed to do that by utilizing a global product, whose packaging and styling make perfect sense for such a vehicle, and can be assembled alongside the Focus, and not be confused as anything other than a hybrid.

Edited by BORG

What's interesting to me is that C-Max sales have been brisk despite (what I perceive to be) low awareness. Perhaps I'm too midwestern to have run into the marketing?

I've seen the C-Max ads several times here. I can't remember, though, if it was a national ad (i.e. like during a football game) or regional (I don't watch a lot of the local channels--mostly cable, which could still be regional, of course). But I've seen the ads.