When do the order banks open for the 2014 Fiesta ST ?

rodmoe

LOL thats why i asked :)

So i heard that the 2014 Fiesta order banks will open about Mid Nov. and the 2013 order banks will close the end of the month ..

any ideas when we might hear for sure ??

The Fiesta subcompact car was arguably the catalyst of Ford Motor Company's 'One Ford' brand strategy, bringing the same vehicles to market around the globe with minimal changes. A derivative of the well-liked European Fiesta launched in North America in late 2010 to great fanfare, but the subcompact market has heated up since 2010 and Ford is preparing a refresh for the Fiesta to remain competitive. We've already seen the new Fiesta - it was shown in Europe at the Paris Motor Show in September. While Ford has not made any official announcements about the car for North America, the order banks for the 2014 Fiesta open unusually early, suggesting the revamped littlecar is coming to the U.S. very soon.

According to sources familiar with Ford's vehicle ordering process, including certain suppliers, orders for the model-year 2014 Fiesta are slated to open up in mid-November. On a related note, all 2013 Fiesta orders must be placed into the system by late-November. Considering 2013 has not even began yet, it is clearly a flag-raising time frame considering the order banks for most 2013 Ford products will not be closing until next year.

No exact start of production date for the 2014 Fiesta is known at this time, however it has been reported to FIN that production scheduling will likely begin in January. Typically production of a product begins within a month after scheduling starts, but it can vary by product.

Expect the 2014 Fiesta to sport an all-new front clip, nearly identical to the new European model. The new face resembles Ford's latest design theme from the FocusST and all-newFusion. Additionally, expect minor enhancements to the interior, including new trim pieces and a revamp to accommodate a touchscreedisplay with MyFord Touch.

Undoubtedly the biggest news for the new Fiesta will be the addition of Ford's impressive 1.0-liter EcoBoost three cylinder engine, which we hear will be available with both automatic and manual transmissions. The same 1.6-liter four-cylinder will also remain intact in the Fiesta. Both engines are likely to feature Ford's new start/stop technology that shuts off the engine at stoplights to save fuel.

Expect to hear more about the 2014 Ford Fiesta at next month's LosAngels auto show.

Edited by rodmoe

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the latest Fiesta production schedule according to Friday's Distribution News Bulletin.

03/09/2013 2013 Fiesta Job Last Date

12/03/2012 2014 Fiesta Order Bank Open Date

01/17/2013 2014 Fiesta Scheduling Begins

03/11/2013 2014 Fiesta Job #1 Date

Until the 2014 Fiesta Order Guide is released to dealers there is no way of knowing what the official changes will be.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sorry if I missed anything but IIRC, at LAIAS the ST would be coming here in 5-dr Hatchback only. The 2014 Fiesta order guide has some confusing information which is discussed in another thread.

Could you link me to that thread please ? Thank You

• 1 month later...
2013/2014 Fiesta update per yesterday's Fleet Distribution News Bulletin...

04/27/2013_2013 MY Job Last Date

02/28/2013_2014 MY Order Bank Open Date

03/14/2013_2014 MY Scheduling Begins

04/29/2013_2014 MY Job #1 Date

One Last Bump before I go to my Dealer.I see the build and price is up at Ford online so does that mean This is still the correct time frame ??

Thanks

Edited by rodmoe

Whats the story on the 1 Liter turbo? I thought it would be available this MY.

That was my understanding also but it's still possible that it will become available later in the 2014 Model Year. Taking a very quick look at the 2014 Fiesta Order Guide, I was surprised that this all-new 2014MY Fiesta is still available with only a 5-Speed rather than a 6-Speed Manual Transmission other than the 6-Speed Automatic Transmission option.

That was my understanding also but it's still possible that it will become available later in the 2014 Model Year. Taking a very quick look at the 2014 Fiesta Order Guide, I was surprised that this all-new 2014MY Fiesta is still available with only a 5-Speed rather than a 6-Speed Manual Transmission other than the 6-Speed Automatic Transmission option.

Well, the 5 speed manual is probably still offered because of cost and this is a cost sensitive car. When I looked at the order guide no where was the 1 liter turbo mentioned that I could see. Im growing a bit skeptical of the turbo engines delivering fuel economy in the real world. I hope this is not a 3 cylinder turbo that delivers power of a 1.6 with the fuel economy of a 1.6 I4. Also, I read somewhere the I3 Turbo would only be available with the 5 speed which is fine with me. I question though why? Bound to be a fuel mileage issue or drivability issue with the Dual clutch trans.

Edited by chevys

Well, the 5 speed manual is probably still offered because of cost and this is a cost sensitive car. When I looked at the order guide no where was the 1 liter turbo mentioned that I could see. Im growing a bit skeptical of the turbo engines delivering fuel economy in the real world. I hope this is not a 3 cylinder turbo that delivers power of a 1.6 with the fuel economy of a 1.6 I4. Also, I read somewhere the I3 Turbo would only be available with the 5 speed which is fine with me. I question though why? Bound to be a fuel mileage issue or drivability issue with the Dual clutch trans.

No question that the Fiesta is very price sensitive as for most of those that my store sells, the profit margin is only a hundred dollars or so. Sure the difference in 5-speed and 6-speed manual transmission costs may be a factor but as gas prices continue to rise and the upcoming CAFE standards get tighter, Fiesta is a vehicle that Ford will need to better with.

• 3 weeks later...
2013/2014 Fiesta update per yesterday's Fleet Distribution News Bulletin...

04/27/2013_2013 MY Job Last Date

02/28/2013_2014 MY Order Bank Open Date

03/14/2013_2014 MY Scheduling Begins

04/29/2013_2014 MY Job #1 Date

Any updates?

Thanks.

Any updates?

Thanks.

Order banks opened on March 1 2013 with production set to start April 29 2013 on the Fiesta Line and the First ST will be built on or around June 6/10th 2013 looking for a July / August 2013 delivery was the last I heard from my dealer is Ford is not building ordered cars till it gives the "OK" to sell notice whatever that means So I'll be happy with a August delivery anything sooner is just gravey :) Hope we can firm this up or get the latest scoop here too..