Election Predictions

Again, it's a left-leaning, anti-Mormon paper. We're supposed to be surprised by this? Did anyone expect them to post anything different?

70% of Utah voters are in favor of Romney which means they don't give a rats ass what that newspaper has to say.

I believe that it might have some sway with those outside of the Salt lake base. It's clear that the paper leans center left and that the chance of Romney getting the endorsement was slim to none, but they are absolutely correct in their views on Romney's pandering.

The point that Romney if he had been the Mitt Romney of the Olympics or even the Governor of Ma. would have easily won election is lost on conservatives here. A true center right Mitt is easily double digits up on Obama now. I guess that's the sad part for conservatives. You let the Tea Party define you right into a dogfight and no matter how much you crow about the economy many center-left voters can't make the move to Romney.

If you lose it will be because of exactly what this endorsement says, that Mitt Romney spent this year trying to out religious right the likes of Rick Santorum, who never could have beaten Obama to get the nomination and then when he found himself polling horribly on that platform in the presidential election tried to be whatever you like Romney.

We told you that this is how it's going to happen, we told you that if you played to the Tea Party it would be a losing platform and the whole time you told us we should just vote for your guy, when the truth was everyone wanted a better candidate than Obama, but you failed to deliver.

So if Obama wins and i believe he will, it's not the left's fault, it's not that we are idiots or we have white guilt, it's that your candidate should have been CR Romney the entire year.

I believe that it might have some sway with those outside of the Salt lake base. It's clear that the paper leans center left and that the chance of Romney getting the endorsement was slim to none, but they are absolutely correct in their views on Romney's pandering.

The point that Romney if he had been the Mitt Romney of the Olympics or even the Governor of Ma. would have easily won election is lost on conservatives here. A true center right Mitt is easily double digits up on Obama now. I guess that's the sad part for conservatives. You let the Tea Party define you right into a dogfight and no matter how much you crow about the economy many center-left voters can't make the move to Romney.

If you lose it will be because of exactly what this endorsement says, that Mitt Romney spent this year trying to out religious right the likes of Rick Santorum, who never could have beaten Obama to get the nomination and then when he found himself polling horribly on that platform in the presidential election tried to be whatever you like Romney.

We told you that this is how it's going to happen, we told you that if you played to the Tea Party it would be a losing platform and the whole time you told us we should just vote for your guy, when the truth was everyone wanted a better candidate than Obama, but you failed to deliver.

So if Obama wins and i believe he will, it's not the left's fault, it's not that we are idiots or we have white guilt, it's that your candidate should have been CR Romney the entire year.

So you disagree with politicians PANDERING for votes?

How about a guy that disowns his 20+ year pastor when their association is not an asset any further? When it began to become a liability, Obama claims "that wasn't the Rev. Wright I knew".

I don't believe what politicians "say". I watch what they do AFTER they promise what they will do. And based on that premise, I have had enough of this guy.

And apparently the democrats feel the same. Where are his coattails? Have you noticed the number of congressional candidates who are distancing themselves from Obama? That don't put their party affiliation on their campaign materials, won't be seen in photographs with Obama? Don't want Obama's endorsement?

The rats are jumping ship. And they are jumping off the Obama ship en masse.

But he can rest assured that he has won the endorsement of Putin, Chavez and Castro. They like his kind of America. Weak, supplicant, kowtowing, apologetic, admittedly non-superior.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany
  • Like 1

As far as predictions, I am not saying it WILL happen, but I can foresee Romney outpacing Obama's record electoral college results and the congress turning in republican majorities in both houses. I should hope that if that is the case, they don't fall into the same trap the democrats did after Obama won. Get control of the White House and both houses of congress and let it go to their heads. Almost as bad as this last round. This is where the Tea Party could act as a moderating factor. Something the democrats did not have and that contributed to their losses in 2010.

The popular vote is irrelevant, except to the whining "democrats" (re: mob rule) who think they have a right to vote for president.

I believe that it might have some sway with those outside of the Salt lake base.

The NPR article I read expected little impact within and essentially none outside of the state from the endorsement.

Parts trying to say that Utah doesn't like him because this particular newspaper doesn't is ludicrous.

The NPR article I read expected little impact within and essentially none outside of the state from the endorsement.

Parts trying to say that Utah doesn't like him because this particular newspaper doesn't is ludicrous.

Utah isn't the problem. It's what voters in swing states percieve these comments to be.

How about a guy that disowns his 20+ year pastor when their association is not an asset any further? When it began to become a liability, Obama claims "that wasn't the Rev. Wright I knew".

I don't believe what politicians "say". I watch what they do AFTER they promise what they will do. And based on that premise, I have had enough of this guy.

And apparently the democrats feel the same. Where are his coattails? Have you noticed the number of congressional candidates who are distancing themselves from Obama? That don't put their party affiliation on their campaign materials, won't be seen in photographs with Obama? Don't want Obama's endorsement?

The rats are jumping ship. And they are jumping off the Obama ship en masse.

But he can rest assured that he has won the endorsement of Putin, Chavez and Castro. They like his kind of America. Weak, supplicant, kowtowing, apologetic, admittedly non-superior.

1st. The rats as you say, who gives a fuck. I don't vote based on how others feel.

2nd. His coat talis? Should I not vote for him because of his coattails? Another false reason.

3rd. yes, you choose to not vote for him because he did the things he said he would, like the ACA, like getting Obama, like helping bailout the auto companies. And your not voting for him because he did the things you wanted him to do like keep Gitmo open, continue drone strikes on terrorists.

In all truth your not voting for him because you didn't vote for him in the first place, you didn't believe in his platform then and you still don't believe in it now. It doesn't have to do with his campaign promises. You never wanted him to follow through on his campaign promises so it's bullshit to say that he didn't so you can't vote for him.

Finally there's a difference between pandering and admitting you've had to move on and change your position. I can't speak to how Obama feels, but i can say that he didn't just change stance without acknowledging his former position on Rev Wright.

......I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy. For some, nagging questions remain. Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely - just as I'm sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed.

But the remarks that have caused this recent firestorm weren't simply controversial. They weren't simply a religious leader's effort to speak out against perceived injustice. Instead, they expressed a profoundly distorted view of this country - a view that sees white racism as endemic, and that elevates what is wrong with America above all that we know is right with America; a view that sees the conflicts in the Middle East as rooted primarily in the actions of stalwart allies like Israel, instead of emanating from the perverse and hateful ideologies of radical Islam.

As such, Reverend Wright's comments were not only wrong but divisive, divisive at a time when we need unity; racially charged at a time when we need to come together to solve a set of monumental problems - two wars, a terrorist threat, a falling economy, a chronic health care crisis and potentially devastating climate change; problems that are neither black or white or Latino or Asian, but rather problems that confront us all.

Given my background, my politics, and my professed values and ideals, there will no doubt be those for whom my statements of condemnation are not enough. Why associate myself with Reverend Wright in the first place, they may ask? Why not join another church? And I confess that if all that I knew of Reverend Wright were the snippets of those sermons that have run in an endless loop on the television and You Tube, or if Trinity United Church of Christ conformed to the caricatures being peddled by some commentators, there is no doubt that I would react in much the same way

But the truth is, that isn't all that I know of the man. The man I met more than twenty years ago is a man who helped introduce me to my Christian faith, a man who spoke to me about our obligations to love one another; to care for the sick and lift up the poor. He is a man who served his country as a U.S. Marine; who has studied and lectured at some of the finest universities and seminaries in the country, and who for over thirty years led a church that serves the community by doing God's work here on Earth - by housing the homeless, ministering to the needy, providing day care services and scholarships and prison ministries, and reaching out to those suffering from HIV/AIDS.

So if you feel that Romney did something of this nature about his many flip flops then by all means please quote it, i'd love to see it.

Edited by Langston Hughes

Its nice to see that at minimum you didn't express any opposition to the obvious central point that Romney is such a poor candidate that he's letting Obama stick around. A couple thousand more years and your offspring will evolve into humans.

Is that a joke?

Castro? Really??? He hasn't been a threat to us since the 60's. 50 years ago he was an issue. We've made peace with all the other communist countries from 50 years ago and formalized relations with China, Russia and even Viet Nam yet somehow that tiny little island scares republicans.

stock-vector-monster-under-the-bed-2349640.jpg

1st. The rats as you say, who gives a fuck. I don't vote based on how others feel.

(Wow. We agree on one thing. I was pointing out there seems to be something his own party members are afraid of. SH*T! How many of his campaign promises has he FAILED to pass despite having the House and the Senate? An honest democrat ( :hysterical3: ) would acknowledge that as a failure purely the fault of his party. Maybe they saw Obama's untenable policies would hurt them in 2012 like it did in 2010.)

2nd. His coat talis? Should I not vote for him because of his coattails? Another false reason.

(Apparently the democrat candidates see the writing on the walls. Nobody wants to be associated with him. I am far from alone in my opinion, but it is MY opinion, not that you would ever try to see another perspective).

3rd. yes, you choose to not vote for him because he did the things he said he would, like the ACA, like getting Obama

(REALLY? Even you don't know who you are talking about.),

like helping bailout the auto companies

(YES. I don't think Obama helped the country. UAW, yes. The country no. Union Bosses? Yes. But I think the historically proven bankruptcy process would have been best for the country, the stake holders, and even FORD MOTOR COMPANY. Ford would have survived and we would have become a much more strong company. If GM and Chrysler had been allowed to go into receivership, Ford would have become the largest domestic auto producer. And the pain we would have endured would have motivated us to not fall into the same situation.).

And your not voting for him because he did the things you wanted him to do like keep Gitmo open

(I point it out as an example of his LIES! And how you selectively accept them. Hilarious how he claimed that he "told us I was going to blah, blah, blah ......and I did. Cherry picking don't you say?)

, continue drone strikes on terrorists (Yeah. Let's use drones. If they are the most effective way to accomplish the mission. But, drones cannot hold ground. Men must do that. That puts them at risk. And the CIC MUST make the decision if the risk worth the lives.....not his own political risk, as Obama has clearly based his decisions on.)

In all truth your not voting for him because you didn't vote for him in the first place, you didn't believe in his platform then and you still don't believe in it now. It doesn't have to do with his campaign promises. You never wanted him to follow through on his campaign promises so it's bullshit to say that he didn't so you can't vote for him. (True to a point. I didn't vote for him and just like every voter, if "my guy" didn't get in, then I am not happy when the other guy acts in the way I didn't like. But, in all my 50+ years, I have been able to give some "shadow of a doubt" to the other guy along the way and hope for better luck in 4 years. Obama, is not, has not, does not and will not be a president I can support, in any way. And "Getting OSAMA" is something ANY president would have done in his shoes. It took no great courage to send in the team. And eventually, if Obama had NOT gone in when they had OSAMA cornered, it would have been political suicide. Obama cares too much about Obama to let that happen.)

Finally there's a difference between pandering and admitting you've had to move on and change your position. I can't speak to how Obama feels, but i can say that he didn't just change stance without acknowledging his former position on Rev Wright.

(PANDERING!!!!!!! Rev. Wright didn't become somebody new, out-of-the-blue!!! He is who he always was and for 20+ years, Obama used that membership to pander to the voters he could USE to advance his career. I contend the "racist" accusations are his team's ploy to gen up support and solidarity. The accusation is used to devalue the opposition and undermine criticism against Obama. They are USING the Black Community with the very method that they have accused the opposition of using, RACISM! How is it not RACISM if voters are voting for the first Black president? Vote for the candidate for what he does, what he stands for, and for what you believe he will do, but NEVER because of his race!!!)

[/size][/font][/color]

So if you feel that Romney did something of this nature about his many flip flops then by all means please quote it, i'd love to see it. (Romney is just "evolving". It was ok for Obama, so Romney can do it as well.)

Obama may have executed his divide and conquer strategy too soon to carry the enthusiasm into the election. He certainly owns the preference among the groups he targeted, but many of those groups have a very poor record of actually voting. If their enthusiasm wanes they will still count themsleves as Obama supporters, but not feel strongly enough about it actually show up to vote. Other wise the Obama campaign has not offered much other than a tax increase for the wealthy. While this may be satisfying to some, it is not going to drive voters to the polls.

Prediction time: Obama had the numbers to win, but he peaked early, Romney wins. Expect at least one, maybe more, blue state to surise by going red. Republicans gain in the senate but not enough to get control. Republicans gain in the house slightly. Both of these wins refelct the poor management of the Democrat PAC tactical efforts: read out of touch strategists meedle in local elections and the result back fires badly.

And the excitement of "voting for the first black (half) president" isn't working this year. Really, how can Michelle say AGAIN, "For the FIRST time in my life I am proud of my country"? His "base" is not anywhere as energized as in 2008. Plus, Time magazine, Nobel Peace Prize and all the tingling, fawning talking heads aren't doing much good in propping up this empty chair for the second go-round. Apathy will turn the election.

Obama may have executed his divide and conquer strategy too soon to carry the enthusiasm into the election. He certainly owns the preference among the groups he targeted, but many of those groups have a very poor record of actually voting. If their enthusiasm wanes they will still count themsleves as Obama supporters, but not feel strongly enough about it actually show up to vote. Other wise the Obama campaign has not offered much other than a tax increase for the wealthy. While this may be satisfying to some, it is not going to drive voters to the polls.

Prediction time: Obama had the numbers to win, but he peaked early, Romney wins. Expect at least one, maybe more, blue state to surise by going red. Republicans gain in the senate but not enough to get control. Republicans gain in the house slightly. Both of these wins refelct the poor management of the Democrat PAC tactical efforts: read out of touch strategists meedle in local elections and the result back fires badly.

Hmmmmm XR, I remember when you thought Romney had little chance.

Anyway, a prediction from RICH! (Who is rich? I have no clue, but I will be RICH if langdaddy wants me to be as RICH seems to be a thorn in langdaddys side at work, therefore I am happy to be called RICH, Mitt, Newt, George, Rick, or any other name that sends the mighty langdaddy to his private stash when I post)

Therefore, the might RICH (lol) says that Romney wins, they keep the house, because Ryan has the vice pres, te senate will be tied with republican victorys and he will be the tie breaker.

This means that the EPA will go away under Romneys watch, the interior department will disppear also, and the education department will lose most of its power.

We will access our own resources. We will build refineries.Canadians and Americans will build that pipeline cementing us working together for the next 50yrs. The price of fuel will drop tremendously within 4 or 5yrs. Ford will be the number 1 automaker in this country as GM folds again and Romney does not save them.

And finally---------> Langdaddy will move to a socialist country looking for his liberal-eco fanatic Shang-Ri-La. Every night he will have nightmares about some guy named Rich and Mitt; and people like XR will know his nightmares are of his own creation since they know MY NAME ISN'T RICH....but just like me, they wish it was since that name makes langdaddy grimace in pain, lolololol!

I know it's popular for the Repubs to point out how bad the economy is, but there lots of bright spots:

Low inflation...especially for retirees

Tourism is way up over lows

Stock market way up over lows

Mortgage rates best in 50 years

Housing seems to have bottomed out and improving

Auto sales way up over lows and most auto companies making money

Hiring has been up for last few years, albeit not we would like, but financial crisis of 2008 was not normal recession

Even public sector is starting to show some life as teacher layoffs seem to be over

Rush hour traffic is back to normal as in more people have jobs to go to and/or look for

Most anytime I go to restaurant I wait for seat as more people are willing to spend again

Air skys overhead seem to be full of planes again getting back to pre 9/11 congestion

Even the small airport by me is very busy again with general aviation

Rail/freight traffic is back to normal if not busier than pre 2008 as trains come through town like never before

So it's my summation that it would be major upset for untested Romney to beat incumbent with so many improving signs. Not that it won't be close, but not enough hurting to get out and go against incumbent. I will give Romney this...he is much tougher opponent than McCain in that he is smarter, better debater, and better prepared. However, neither Romney nor McCain did great job picking running mate.

I know it's popular for the Repubs to point out how bad the economy is, but there lots of bright spots:

Hiring has been up for last few years, albeit not we would like, but financial crisis of 2008 was not normal recession

Even public sector is starting to show some life as teacher layoffs seem to be over

Rush hour traffic is back to normal as in more people have jobs to go to and/or look for

Most anytime I go to restaurant I wait for seat as more people are willing to spend again

Air skys overhead seem to be full of planes again getting back to pre 9/11 congestion

Rail/freight traffic is back to normal if not busier than pre 2008 as trains come through town like never before

So it's my summation that it would be major upset for untested Romney to beat incumbent with so many improving signs. Not that it won't be close, but not enough hurting to get out and go against incumbent. I will give Romney this...he is much tougher opponent than McCain in that he is smarter, better debater, and better prepared. However, neither Romney nor McCain did great job picking running mate.

This is the second time you have commented on the election and the economy based on your neighborhood.....guess what, it's not like that in too many other places......I live near one of the largest ports on the east coast....out bound coal shippments are down, Norfolk Southern is talking about layoffs due to coal mines being closed (obama hates coal) in Va. and West Va. cargo business is still down to the point that some long shoremen haven't worked a full week in over 3 years, the area is insulated some by the amount of DOD work in the area.....however many defense contractors have put out vibes about masive layoffs because of sequestration....so that's why in the last month Va. has swung over to Romney....and according to polls many of states are also.....I suggest you start looking beyond the end of your nose when measuring the preceived economic recovery

1. You are looking at government inflation numbers. America knows better! Price of gasoline when Bush left, 1.83, today, over 3 bucks. Check out your own products there Mr Ford----------->What was the price of a Focus in 2008 and what is it today? How much is beef? You are only kidding yourself,but carry on.

2, Tourism? Of course it is, could not have gotten much worse. So I call that even.

3. Stock market. Yes, but that is because nobody is hiring and adding work on to the people already employed. Bottomline.......few new jobs, and corporations making more money as they automate and become more efficient.

4.Mortgage rates. LOL, when nobody is buying much, the law of supply and demand insists rates drop. Add to that the federal reserve doing their thing, what do you expect?

5. Housing. Liberals broke it, liberals still trying to fix it. Foreclosures down, housing starts up. But where are they up from? The tank! Sounds good on paper, but just like the paper it is written on, is just a paper tiger.

6. auto sales. They have to be replaced, even if we do not want to. Cars are dying, plain and simple, but I suggest you look AT THE LEASE RATE AS OPPOSED TO THE RETAIL RATE.

7.hiring. You are kidding, even liberals try and hide this one.

8.public sector. We can't afford them under the Obama economic recovery. We need less, not more......unless Romney is elected, then we can debate.

9.rush hour traffic? You are kidding, right!

10. restaurant traffic? maybe, I will give you that one.

11. air traffic? American Airlines, a very wonderful UNION business would disagree. In fact, they are lowering flights across airlines toimprove profits.

12. Rail. That is because they are taking over a huge portion that trucking used to have.

Your pretty picture of economics is shot down by the fact that last year we spent 1 trillion on welfare benefits......not including SS, or medicare which are NOT welfare. Can you imagine tht..... over 1 trillion dollars on foodstamps, housing, direct cash payments, etc.

America is getting smarter. They are paying attention, and the only thing Obama had was that Romney was unfit/to mean/to rich/was a felon/killed someones wife/was a tax cheat, etc to stop people from voting for him. That has failed!

The way it looks as of now, two weeks out, you are going to be sorely disappointed that America is not as dumb as what was previously thought.

Things can always change, and that is a fact......but if things stay as they are today, you better start insuring you can properly spell President Mitt Romney........and start finding a world server where you can write to langdaddy in a socialist country.

I, the mighty Rich (my new name fellas, just to make langdaddy feel like his nightmares are real ((this rich guy must bit**slap him at work)) and not imagined) have proclaimed it! So let it be written, so let it be done!