Some tutorials on the new software have been pinned here.

DarkeRetribution

X-Plan Pins For Everyone! *sticky this*

Okay. I am creating this thread because this form exists and anyone posting here is either requesting an X-Plan Pin or has some to give. Unfortunately, not many people seem to have them to give and too many people are asking for them..So, I've decided to share my solution for anyone requesting an X-Plan Pin. You can get one in as little as 5 minutes if you follow my instructions below. This will get you X-Plan Pin's for yourself and for members in your household (or to give away yourselves)

Sound cool? Mystified? Good! You should be. Just follow the steps I mention below and you shouldn't get lost, it's easy! Let's get started:

So how does this work? How am I going to get X-Plan Pins when I don't work for a company that gives them out or know anyone who can give me one?

• Well, there are other ways to get X-Plan Pins such as being apart of a membership group that offers them to their members. That is the key method this thread will discuss. Mustang Club of America (MCA) offers free X-Plan Pins to their members and becoming a member is quick, easy, and best of all worthwhile. You don't have to like mustangs, you don't have to buy a mustang, you don't even have to know what a mustang is to join this club. You just need to join it, be a member and out of all their membership perks, you only care about getting your X-Plan Pin. Now before you groan and say, "What?!?! I have to join something?! I'm leaving" Read the steps below first because it really isn't as big an issue as you may be thinking. But if you do want to leave right now, there will be plenty of X-Plan Pins for everyone else and good luck getting one illegally or by depending on strangers!

STEP ONE

Go to the Mustang Club of America (MCA) website and join the MCA! A one year membership is just $50. YES $50. I'm sorry but you will have to invest $50 bucks in order to save up to $3000+ on your new vehicle.

http://www.mustang.o...-MCA-Membership

STEP TWO

Now that you are an official member go to Ford Partner and enter the MCA's Partner code. It is MC405. You will be entered into the X-Plan Partner Recognition website. Click "Generate My Pin" You will then be able to generate pins for yourself or for someone in your household. You can even generate pins for your business.

https://www.fordpartner.com

THAT'S IT! It's that easy. Were you expecting something more complicated? Anyone can get X-Plan Pins who wants them. Just follow the two steps above and you're good to go. Now, out of the kindness of my heart there are a couple things I want to share with you before you go on your merry way (fine print)

• You may think yourself clever to opt out of Step one and go directly to Step two. Generating X-Plan Pins without a Mustang Club of America membership is risky. If your dealer is smart they will ask for your membership information, papers, or to view your membership card...if you don't have that your X-Plan Pin will be rejected. Save yourself the heartache, save yourself the trouble, and save yourself the time AND money off your new car by joining the MCA for $50 so you are legally in the system and you will have NO problems using your X-Plan Pins. $50 to save thousands is as good as it gets.
  • The TECHNICAL X-Plan requirement for getting pins through membership services is to have a [60-Day minimum membership] in order for your pins to be valid. Since your $50 is for a 12-month (365 days) membership you qualify.
  • Requesting X-Plan pricing is something you are supposed to do BEFORE your vehicle is ordered. Waiting until the last minute to tell your dealer you want to pay with X-Plan Pins gives them subject to deny your request. So those of you picking up your car months after it was ordered, next week, or tomorrow... Make sure you speak to your dealer immediately. They have every right to deny you and say no. BUT with little effort you can easily convince a dealer to accept your pin just by swaying them. Tell them you have called around and other Fords are taking X-Plan pins for this vehicle and you are prepared to work with one of them if this dealer doesn't accept it. Your dealer should change his mind because he doesn't want to lose your business for something small he knows he can (and probably should) accept even though its "late" or the vehicle is in high demand.

That's all I want to say for now. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions or comments. I'll be answering based on experience, not assumptions as this worked for me to get $2850 off my new 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid. I really wanted a pin and no one was giving them so I took matters into my own hand. If for some reason you can't afford a $50 MCA membership, but you can afford a new $15K+ car then I hope you find a pin some other way! X-Plan pricing is amazing!

Edited by DarkeRetribution

It should be pointed out that X plan won't save you $3000 - at most it will save you a few hundred and a lot of haggling. If the dealer wants MSRP for a vehicle then they're not going to be accepting X plan in the first place.

Also the wording on the Ford website about the minimum 60 day membership is open to interpretation and ultimately it's up to Ford to decide whether that means a 60 day or longer membership or if you must have been a member for at least 60 days.

Also - every club or partner company has their own rules in addition to the Ford rules that must be followed. Most have a minimum membership requirement so be sure to read all of the rules.

The American Quarter Horse association also used to offer X plan to members AFTER 60 days. Not sure if that's still open.

It should be pointed out that X plan won't save you $3000 - at most it will save you a few hundred and a lot of haggling. If the dealer wants MSRP for a vehicle then they're not going to be accepting X plan in the first place.

Also the wording on the Ford website about the minimum 60 day membership is open to interpretation and ultimately it's up to Ford to decide whether that means a 60 day or longer membership or if you must have been a member for at least 60 days.

Also - every club or partner company has their own rules in addition to the Ford rules that must be followed. Most have a minimum membership requirement so be sure to read all of the rules.

The American Quarter Horse association also used to offer X plan to members AFTER 60 days. Not sure if that's still open.

Not true, X-Plan saved me $2,350 off my fully loaded 2013 Fusion Hybrid..so it is definitely much more than a few hundred dollars...at least for a new car. The amount you'll get off on a new car will vary. Visit Ford Partner.com to see how much you'll save.

Secondly, the 60-day membership, although open to interpretation, isn't difficult to negotiate with your dealer if they are being difficult. Most dealers WANT your business, so there's no point in scaring you on here that this may not be worth it. Negotiating, haggling, even getting X-Plan pricing accepted at your dealer all have chances of not working, but this is the easiest and 100% guaranteed way to get an X-Plan Pin..which is what this thread is about..getting a VALID X-PLAN PIN FOR YOURSELF and without a doubt this method will get you that pin if you have been requesting one. Now if you dealer accepts X-Plan from you or not, is a different story and it's up to each individual to convince their dealer to honor X-Plan if they are saying they won't. Mine didn't want to on my new fusion but after simply telling him I called around and every Ford dealership around 60 miles of me are accepting it and if they don't give me an answer the next day as to whether they will accept it or not I'd order with someone else and take my business elsewhere. He called me back and said they would honor it within an hour.

Thirdly, the Mustang Club of America (MCA) does not have any minimum membership requirements to use your X-Plan Pin or I would have stated them above. If you are going to use another Ford partner outside of the one used in this thread then make sure you know what they offer before you join. As the simplest, and easiest of all the memberships to be apart of MCA is one of the best. Pay your $50 and get a Pin. A lot of dealers I've heard from these forums don't even ask for memebership proof OR don't even ask where the PIN came from. It really isn't scary or unworthwhile at all. Like I said... I AM speaking from experience and with X-Plan I saved $2350 off my new car purchase and a $500 rebate saved me even more. That's a total of $2850 I wouldn't have gotten without X-Plan..and most rebates these days are $1000 cash back which would of made me save $3350. So the savings are there and can be more than just "a few hundred". That sounds more like a bad deal to me.

Edited by DarkeRetribution

A lot of dealers I've heard from these forums don't even ask for memebership proof OR don't even ask where the PIN came from. It really isn't as scary or unworthwhile as akirby noted above.

I didn't say it was scary or unworthwhile. I only use X plan when buying vehicles. I'm just trying to let people know the truth about what they can actually expect to save and how the X plan works and all of the rules involved. You make a lot of assumptions that may or may not be true and I'm just trying to give everyone the complete picture.

The 60 day membership requirement comes from Ford and it's up to Ford as to how they interpret that. It's not up to MCA or any other partner org. They are free to add their own requirements on top of the Ford requirements but they can't change Ford's requirements.

Any dealer who ignores the proof of membership requirement would be subject to termination of access to plan sales. Ford audits a certain percentage of plan sales and they are very diligent about making sure the proper process is followed since there has been a lot of abuse of A/Z/X/D plan sales in the past with dealers and others selling pins. I would be wary of any dealer who did not follow the plan rules.

Like I said... I AM speaking from experience and with X-Plan I saved $2350 off my new car purchase and a $500 rebate saved me even more. That's a total of $2850 I wouldn't have gotten without X-Plan..and most rebates these days are $1000 cash back which would of made me save $3350. So the savings are there and can be more than just "a few hundred". That sounds more like a bad deal to me.

You only saved $2850 because you didn't negotiate well enough up front. X plan by itself is roughly $200 over dealer invoice plus a spiff check of a few hundred bucks. The effective sale price to the dealer is about $600 over dealer invoice, give or take $100. Since X plan is voluntary and the dealer is not required to participate, any dealer willing to sell you a vehicle on X plan would also be willing to sell you the same exact vehicle for $600 over invoice without X plan. If the dealer was truly only willing to sell the vehicle at MSRP then they would not have accepted your X plan pin.

And the rebates are the same regardless of whether you used X plan or not. That $1000 rebate you got with X plan would have also applied to your MSRP purchase without X plan.

I was trying not to be so harsh when you posted that before but since you're posting this as advice to others I think it's only fair to point out the truth.

Went the Mustang Club of America this week. The way the dealer told me the 60 day requirement works is that you must have been a member for 60 days before Ford will accept it. So, since I had not reached the 60 day mark they could not accept the x-plan. But, Happy Ending! The dealer gave me the same pricing without the plan to get the vehicle out the door.

I didn't say it was scary or unworthwhile. I only use X plan when buying vehicles. I'm just trying to let people know the truth about what they can actually expect to save and how the X plan works and all of the rules involved. You make a lot of assumptions that may or may not be true and I'm just trying to give everyone the complete picture.

The 60 day membership requirement comes from Ford and it's up to Ford as to how they interpret that. It's not up to MCA or any other partner org. They are free to add their own requirements on top of the Ford requirements but they can't change Ford's requirements.

Any dealer who ignores the proof of membership requirement would be subject to termination of access to plan sales. Ford audits a certain percentage of plan sales and they are very diligent about making sure the proper process is followed since there has been a lot of abuse of A/Z/X/D plan sales in the past with dealers and others selling pins. I would be wary of any dealer who did not follow the plan rules.

You only saved $2850 because you didn't negotiate well enough up front. X plan by itself is roughly $200 over dealer invoice plus a spiff check of a few hundred bucks. The effective sale price to the dealer is about $600 over dealer invoice, give or take $100. Since X plan is voluntary and the dealer is not required to participate, any dealer willing to sell you a vehicle on X plan would also be willing to sell you the same exact vehicle for $600 over invoice without X plan. If the dealer was truly only willing to sell the vehicle at MSRP then they would not have accepted your X plan pin.

And the rebates are the same regardless of whether you used X plan or not. That $1000 rebate you got with X plan would have also applied to your MSRP purchase without X plan.

I was trying not to be so harsh when you posted that before but since you're posting this as advice to others I think it's only fair to point out the truth.

I already know the rebates seperate..I added that to my total savings after i found out what my xplan pricing would of been... My invoice was for $37,100...X-plan made that cost $34,760 ...That's for a fully loaded Fusion Hybrid SE (2013) I don't think it's a matter me negotiating well enough up front because every dealer i called said they can not add negotiating pricing on top of x-plan...you have to either negotiate your way to a fair price or use x-plan and any discounts from rebates or being or incentives available at the time...one or the other...my negotiating would of saved me $2,100....x-plan and the $500 rebate for the hybrid saved me $2,850...i cant go any lower than that. Without the rebate I'm at $745 over invoice....Invoice price for my fusion is $34,015 and MSRP is $37,100 ....with the 500 rebate that brings me to $245 over invoice and i can live with that...i dont think that's a bad deal at all.

I don't think you were being harsh, i just think we both say stuff and miss stuff in our reading of what the other is saying.

Anyway, some dealers are by the book and dont budge for anything and some are lazy or more carefree..that's the world of buying a car. There are a million things politicians SHOULD do and they run the country...and there's a world of things they do because they can...that's our society. I just wanted to post a way people on this thread can get an x-plan pin for themselves and early enough to where they can use it AND have it properly obtained themselves if they cant get a benefactor on this forum.

The problem was you said this

Not true, X-Plan saved me $2,350 off my fully loaded 2013 Fusion Hybrid..so it is definitely much more than a few hundred dollars.

That sounds like you were planning to pay MSRP but since you got X plan you were paying $2350 less. If that's not what you meant then you need to choose better words.

At best X plan will save you a few hundred dollars over what you could negotiate for yourself - not thousands.

Any indication on likelihood of incentives for the MKZ? Is there likely to be one since it's hitting the market relatively late? I don't know if they're becoming the rule or the exception.

Edited by Dedonut

Another way to obtain an x-plan PIN is to be a shareholder of Ford Motor Company common stock. You have to have a minimum of 100 shares so right now, you would have to invest $1100 to get the stock at current stock pricing. I also believe you need to have held the stock for at least 30 days prior to the x-plan PIN request. Beauty of this course of action is when you are done, you can sell your stock after you purchase your vehicle and possibly make a few bucks too.....

Edited by twintornados

Well … damn … didn't know that!!! I've had 2500 shares for over a year!!

You have to hold the shares for at least 6 months.

Thanks for the info Darke ! Saved me $4,450 off the $72,410 Window Sticker of a 2015 F-450 Platinum on special order.

very helpful info. Thanks.

EAA (experimental aircraft association) is only $40 a year. Another option is COSCO if there are not any incentives, plus you can save on gas too. Best thing is you get to keep the dealer cash with xplan. Just make sure you use the ford partner site to see what is available. If you want to haggle, use the MCA code or any others at the ford partner site to see what invoice is and haggle away. If a dealer doesn't except the plan, walk away...make sure you talk to a manager first though. Salesmen tend to have memory issues when discussing no haggle plans.

Ford X-Plan allows Dealers to add on a maximum of $125 for Dealer Fee`s where allowed by State and Local Laws. Here in FL Dealers typically add on up to $900 in these Dealer Prep Fee`s. The Car gets a wash job and the buyer gets a (hose) job! If your using the X-Plan in FL simply refuse to pay a penny, period! Auto Nation as well as Mullinex will not add on a cent. Mullinex does`nt add Dealer Fee`s even without X-Plan pricing! If they (claim) they can`t delete the $125 fee cause its on the Purchase Agreement, have them either give you an additional $125 Discount or Allowance on the Trade In or New Vehicle Purchased or have them at the very least throw in 5 or 6 future Oil Changes for Free including Tire Rotation.

I'm in South FL in the market for a 15 Expedition. I joined MCA and got my PIN. I'm not sure if I will find what I want on a dealer's floor so I may have to order. My question is this: do I get the finance/lease offers that are currently in place when I order or will I be able to take advantage of offers that are available when the vehicle comes in? Put another way: by ordering now, am I committing to finance/lease terms up front or do I handle those when the vehicle arrives? Thanks!

Well....it depends. Some dealers seem to be able to lock in the incentives at time of order and give you the choice of those or the current ones when the vehicle is delivered. Other dealers seem to only be able to give you the incentives at time of order (which is how it used to be). Either the dealers are clueless about this option or it's only available to some dealers. Check around at a few dealers and see what they tell you. x plan price is the same everywhere.

Thanks. I don't want to be locked in as I'm hoping for 0% APR by the time the vehicle comes in, if I end up ordering. Found something close to what I want locally...not sure if 22" wheels and green gem are worth waiting months for so I may just lease what I found. Decisions decisions.

Has anyone been able to use this without being a member for over 60 days. I have a vehicle on order already.

Has anyone been able to use this without being a member for over 60 days. I have a vehicle on order already.

I used my X-Plan PIN from MCA a few days after joining. Dealer didn't notice or care - just asked me for a copy of my membership card, which had just arrived in the mail.

Yes, the 60 day membership requirement is still there from Ford:

3. PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY

• For employees of eligible partner companies, you must provide a recent pay stub, company I.D., W-2 or company healthcare card. All are acceptable items to verify employment. (Note: business cards will not be accepted as proof of employment). The dealership must list the company or organization's name on the AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement.
  • For residents in the same household as the eligible employee/retiree, driver’s licenses’ will be required for proof of residence.
  • For membership-based partner companies, you must provide a membership card that indicates a 60-day minimum membership.

The other issue is that you're supposed to disclose X plan pin use immediately before negotiating anything with the dealer, and X plan acceptance is voluntary. You should check with the dealer to see if they would accept X plan on this sale before obtaining a pin.

I used my X-Plan PIN from MCA a few days after joining. Dealer didn't notice or care - just asked me for a copy of my membership card, which had just arrived in the mail.

The dealer may not care, but Ford does audit a certain percentage of plan sales and if the dealer is not following the rules they can get in trouble and their plan privileges removed. It has happened.

this is great information from everyone. I will need to look into it for future purchases but for the time being I think i am stuck. O well I am sure I will be buying again soon.

I need a pin to get my X plan on my new F150 purchase.