How Not to react when sudden unintended acceleration happens

As far as I'm concerned...having a dash cam in your car is an open invite for something bad to happen!

Could you imagine explaining that to an insurance company without a video for support?

When the engine raced the moron has tried to put it into park instead of flicking into neutral or just killing the ignition...

Edited by jpd80

Could you imagine explaining that to an insurance company without a video for support?

When the engine raced the moron has tried to put it into park instead of flicking into neutral

Not that, just seems there are a disproportionate amount of accidents being recorded with them, which to me seems like your more likely to be involved in one...esp if your in Russia or Asia some place :P

Not that, just seems there are a disproportionate amount of accidents being recorded with them, which to me seems like your more likely to be involved in one...esp if your in Russia or Asia some place :P

And in this case, sitting in a traffic jam..LOL

And I see a Mercedes Benz hood emblem too..LOL

We have seen a couple videos of Hyundai unintended acceleration in Korea. I wonder do those incidents somehow relate to the Hyundai models here in the United States? I mean, Hydundai in here might have the same problem, and may be discovering later leading to recall?

Look at the brake lights -- they are not on. When you mash the go pedal to the floor they don't come on because they are flooring the car. The only unintended part of the acceleration is the driver wanting to push the brake but is flooring the car in a panic. Which leads us to the other cause -- The Driver, which in almost all cases is the cause of unintended acceleration.

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 2