Screen Protector for MFT?

deadman64

I was going to call them and ask if my order shipped and just saw the same e-mail .. boo!

Well, I called them anyway and it sounds like they received a bad AAA film from the factory and they're expecting the replacement film on Wednesday. Back-order orders should go out on Friday. What's weird though, is that they already charged my CC on the 9th! I asked them why they charged it and said it was by mistake, lol.

I was hoping they would offer free shipping for the delay or something like that, but nope!

So I bought this, a sharkfin antenna, the phone mount and new license plate frames. I have this pile of crap just waiting for a car to put it on. :drool:

LaqFjlZ.png

I was wondering about the sharkfin antenna and the navigation system. I wasn't sure if the roof antenna was just radio stuff or GPS as well. Also I wasn't sure how to find the correct color code. I am getting a black titanium.

So if it has no effect on GPS signal, if I can figure out the color code I'll have to get one as well.

I put the VG shark fin on. It has no impact on GPS signal. Sirius also completely unaffected. FM reception is about 95% of what it was with the buggy whip. Don't know about AM cuz I never use it.

For color code, JFGI. Google "ford color codes 2013".

Anyone have a link of where to purchase the sharkfin?

Email sales@visualgarage.com

Tell them you want the fin for a 2013 Fusion. Give them your color code (Sterling gray code is UJ ). Email them your name, shipping address, and paypal email address. They will send you an invoice and you can order at your convenience.

Edited by jared6788

My screen protector came in yesterday. I plan on installing it today! Still have to save some $ for the sharkfin, splash guards, aluminum pedals, tint, hitch w/ bike rack and spare tire!

I ordered my sharkfin yesterday. cant wait to get it on. Put the mudflaps on this past weekend also. Not a big problem there.

Got my protector on today. I do not notice a huge difference in fingerprints, but at least the screen is protected and is now easier to clean as well. I have greasy skin, so I'm probably worst case scenario.

Edit: When you order, both the Day Vue and Triple A are listed as part NU380A. The part I received was NU380BA. Can anybody else confirm their Triple A film part received was NU380BA? Thanks

Edited by jared6788

I can't remember the last time I actually listened to terrestrial radio since I got Sirius, so reduced reception wasn't a huge issue for me, getting rid of that 10" whip was. I got it in the mail the other day and the Ruby Red paint looks good, but I'll have to wait until the car shows up to be sure.

I also got my shark fin before I got the car. When I could finally put them together, the color match was perfect -- for sterling grey. Good luck with matching the ruby red, but I bet you will be satisfied with the result.

Note that the vertical surfaces of the shark fin reflect light differently than the flat horizontal surface of the roof, so they look different, but they look like they are the same color, just lit differently.

I also got my shark fin before I got the car. When I could finally put them together, the color match was perfect -- for sterling grey. Good luck with matching the ruby red, but I bet you will be satisfied with the result.

Note that the vertical surfaces of the shark fin reflect light differently than the flat horizontal surface of the roof, so they look different, but they look like they are the same color, just lit differently.

Can you post a pic of your car w/ shark fin installed? Is this only available to order by email?? That seems weird... Thanks!

Got my protector on today. I do not notice a huge difference in fingerprints, but at least the screen is protected and is now easier to clean as well. I have greasy skin, so I'm probably worst case scenario.

Edit: When you order, both the Day Vue and Triple A are listed as part NU380A. The part I received was NU380BA. Can anybody else confirm their Triple A film part received was NU380BA? Thanks

I just installed my AAA protector and the part # on the clear plastic bag is the same as yours: NU380BA.

• 2 weeks later...